Jump to content

The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

How do I get my medical records from Kaiser?

  • by Caprican
  • Oct 21 2009 12:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Edibles & Vape Advocate

  • Caprican
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

Not really much more to add.. I can go online and get "an overview of my medical history" and stuff like that, but I can't seem to find any place where it gives me a definitive "My Medical Records"

Also, my fiance had her medical with Kaiser until the beginning of the year when they dropped her - Does she need to go to them to get her medical records? Or will any hospital do? Anybody know the procedure here?

Replies (5)

  • Just Wild and Crazy

  • WildWill
  • Old School
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

All you really need to do is call up your doctor's office and ask for them. You may need to pay a fee, but I'm not sure about Kaiser's policies.

If you're trying to get a MMJ recommendation, you may wish to ask your Kaiser doctor if they'll issue it, from what I understand SOME Kaiser docs are allowed to do so.

As for your GF, same story, ask her former Doc.

  • Edibles & Vape Advocate

  • Caprican
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:29 AM

Will do
As far as talking bout MMJ to my doctor, couple things:

1) Kaiser has an "unofficial official" policy that they will prescribe MMJ, but only in end-of-life situations

2) My doc has shown me many times that he's not into "Alternative" treatments... I've had IBS-D bad enough that I havn't been able to go farther than 5 minutes from my house in the last 3 years, and since I started on MJ it's really helped me get over the anxiety associated with it...

  • Just Wild and Crazy

  • WildWill
  • Old School
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:55 AM

Ah, well, sounds like you've got your ducks in a row, good luck getting your recommendation, you shouldn't have any problems.

  • Southern Gothic

  • tharedhead
  • Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

The fact that your doc can't come up with a better dx than good old wastebasket "IBS-D" shows that s/he's not into treatment period. Just venting, hate those wastebasket dx's (fuss, mutter)
I'm also sure you'll have no difficulty with your rec, given your history.:)

  • Droppin' some science

  • mrroboto23
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

You have to go to your local Kaiser's records office, and fill out a form. If the records are new, you'll get them in a couple of minutes. If they are old and archived, it will take a week or so to have them mailed. They don't list the records offices in the online directory, so you will probably have to call another location and ask, they should know. Also, they might be listed in the local business white pages.

Your fiance's records will be at the same place, for anything up until she was dropped. Records since she was dropped will obviously not be there, you would have to speak to the hospital/doctor she saw if she wants her recent records (if she has any). Process is the same to get hers, but non-members might have to pay for copying/printing of the records.

It's really easy to get your kaiser records, the hard part is just finding the address of where to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users