Grow room in My barn?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by blueberrybuddy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. sup blades i was wondering if it was a smart idea i have a barn on my property with electricity and i want to set up an op in the barn i was thinking of boarding off 2 of the stables 1 for flowering and the other for veg the stablesx are dirt floor and im pretty surte the revious owners had horses and other animals i was wondering if it would be a good idea or if i wouldf have to take precautions cuz of the animals like basically building 2 rooms with new floors and walls and the line it with plastic sheeting again its just an idea and im really excited to get started

2. If the property is fenced and secure, possibly. You may want to check into curtilage laws in your area. Most places, anything but then main home is considered fair game to searches w/out a warrant.

Also, when lights off, it will be VERY cold (espec if you're in IL). It's possible, but you'll spend a good deal of time and cash insulating and securing the room.

3. thanx ill keep that in mind anything else i need to look for?

4. Not sure how many plants you're doing.. but they will smell in flower, and if anyone passes by they can be noticed. You'll have to seal up the stalls w/ wall board, or plastic etc. Prob a good idea anyhow due to cold weather.

Make sure you have a good electrical setup. Barns don't strike me as the type of place that were wired for more than 15amps. Double check that wiring for the amount of lighting you plan to use.