Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

best strains for depression, anxiety

• Please log in to reply

smilin

smilin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
what are the best strains for depression and anxiety?

Similar Topics: best strains for depression, anxiety     x

TokeTheToke

TokeTheToke

Accused Piff Toucher

• Registered Upgraded
  • 966 posts
I liked hindu kush, a nice little sativa like Ak47 could do you well, too. :)

I'm not a scientist, or someone who specializes with this, but that's how I feel.

Hindu Kush and AK47 are of the many strains that made me, I guess, more "talkative" and "up beat." But, I guess it's a bias point, because I don't have depression nor do I suffer from anxiety. So, my best guess would be a sativa for you? Not sure.

hOoLiGaN xD

hOoLiGaN xD

@_@ screwed up

• Registered Upgraded
  • 976 posts
Check the sticky's out man, there's a lot of great info there:

http://forum.grassci...train-list.html

Anti Depress & Anxiety, Sleep: Blue Moonshine, Jack Herrer, M-39, Herijuana.

smilin

smilin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks alot! i really like sativas, they work really well for me, much better than fuckin Effexor... hate that shit, except that the nausea from it is what led me back to the herb, weed is much better when your grown up.

:.dank.:

:.dank.:

Budding Herbalist

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Here's one that I'm currently growing for both these conditions.

Speed Queen (Mandala Seeds)
Type: mostly indica
Contains land race genetics from: Himachal Pradesh, North India
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor (up to 48° latitude, balcony, greenhouse)
Flowering time: 55 days/September (south); mid October (north)
Yield: 400-450 gr/m2 (dry weight)
THC: 15-18%
High: the “surfers” choice - a stimulating, and balanced indica buzz that does not put you to sleep. Pleasantly relaxing yet leaves plenty of energy for social activities and is a great daytime grass. No nervous side-effects (racy heart, etc.); suitable for regular med users.
Medical potential: this strain shows potential against anxiety and depression.

Dylan Schuyler

Dylan Schuyler

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Such as losing a business or financial strain or problems at home or death of a family member? Or do you think it must always be medicated because depression is not normal? I have no opinion either way.. just wondering what other people think....

smilin

smilin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i never bought the whole depression thing til it hit me, trust me its real, tangible if you will. all i know is that weed keeps my symptoms in check without shitty side effects like effexor or the others. some kinds work better than others and when i get a bag that works well i collect the seeds to grow seedless ones later. thats the plan anyway, and also buying some seeds in the near future.

Bud4U

Bud4U

flyin' high again

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
i have depression. thats what i use weed for

never an indica. just makes me sleepy, really. its not a depressive like alcohol, of course. its weed. but the indica doesn't give me the "head adjustment" i need for lasting effect

trainwreck is my favorite strain for what ails me. snowcap, maui, green crack, ak-47, etc...

as you know many of these strains are similar or the same. its all weed. some are distinctive in smell and taste, sure. but they alll do the same thing for me, pretty much

sativa all the way

Edited by Bud4U, 23 October 2009 - 05:57 PM.

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

1hitSquad

1hitSquad

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
hindu or haze it needs to have a euophoric feeling in order for you to recieve the proper doose you are looking for.

Delusional K

Delusional K

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 196 posts
Hey, I have OCD so I deal with tons of anxiety and depression.

You can't go wrong with indicas, they leave me happy/giggly and let me sleep SO well at night. Also if im having obsessional thoughts, or my mind is racing, an indica stops all that in its tracks.

SOMETIMES, people with anxiety can't handle sativas very well because its more of a stimulating feel.
But I can smoke them both fine.

I also have ADD so when I smoke sativas its easier to focus :D

Find the indica thats right for you, all of them will help with anxiety, some strains make you more happier then normal.

I rec. Any type of Bubba Kush and La Confidental

Bud4U

Bud4U

flyin' high again

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
is there an indica that doesn't give you "couch lock?"

i tried an indica first off....man it knocked me out like i can't be if i'm depressed. i need to do stuff...its part of my treatment. i can't be feeling all stoned, sleepy, and wanting to go to bed. its depression. i need to avoid those tendencies

the indica(s) i have tried move me toward those tendencies, not away. i won't say it makes me worse off. certainly not. i'm not talking about it affecting me like that. however, it puts me in a place that doesn't help me. lets just say the "couch" is not where this depressed person can afford to be

so sativa makes sense to me. man i have some great stuff right now. it has me smiling and alert as i type this. this is what i want

but it would be nice to find a nice indica...or indica dom hybrid, that would help, too? what do you guys think?

i really don't have an opportunity to smoke weed otherwise, so the shop is the only place i go to get it. i don't want to waste time and money trying out a bunch of weed when the sativa i use works great for me

Edited by Bud4U, 24 October 2009 - 03:53 AM.

KobeBryant

KobeBryant

Quality over Quantity

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,773 posts
Honestly, if you smoke a decent amount of any headies I can damn-near gaurantee you that you will be happy after.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)