Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make Stem Tea!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by whitekush, Oct 16, 2009.

1. I usually use stems for qwiso but i think ill set aside some for some tea, with some milk or sumthin to make the thc stick

2. CBD and CBN are water soluble, the tea has that in it.

3. Could you provide sources to this information?
    Someone i know tried steeping pot in water like you would loose leaf tea and got 'ill' or ddin't 'feel well' and so won't give MMJ a try again for his FM.

If CBD and CBN are water soluble, then it's a potency/experience issue with him, and that means I can safely get some of that weed tea at the local dispensary to try w/o getting a THC-dom high.

4. Can sum1 answer my question please? :)

5. Which ever has more fat would work better... probably in this class the TSP of butter... but Im not sure the fat content on milk (I know its low)

Ive heard of people doing it the butter way as you said above (with a little more I think) with some success, but the taste probably wouldn't be the best :D down the hatch fast

6. Can you use herb like you use the stems? Or does it only work with stems?

7. Alright guys I'm new here but basically I'm wondering if I would just be able to boil some milk along with the stems that I have gathered. I really do not care about taste and am just looking for a use for my stems.
    Also sorry for posting in an old thread.

8. To anyone who says that this won't work because THC isn't water 'soluble', please pay attention; here's some science for you:

The terms 'soluble' and 'insoluble' are both relative terms. Most solutes that are deemed soluble in a solvent are not infinitely soluble. For example, table salt has a solubility in water of 359g/L at room temperature, meaning that if you add more than 359g to a liter of water, the salt will NOT dissolve into the water under any circumstances (unless temperature is raised, but we'll get to that later).

Likewise, and more pertinent to the conversation, "The term insoluble is often applied to poorly or very poorly soluble compounds" (Wikipedia, "Solubility"; Solubility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), meaning that even many compounds deemed 'insoluble' can still be dissolved to a minor degree. This is the case for THC in water.

THC's solubility in water is 2.8 g/L (Sigma Aldrich MSDS). That means that UP TO 2.8 grams can be dissolved into a liter of water. Given that, a maximum of 1.316g THC can be dissolved into 2 cups of water at room temperature. (2 cups= 0.41 L). However, as solubility of all compounds increases with temperature, even more could potentially be dissolved.

An active dose of THC (how much you need to get high) is roughly 0.1 mg/kg body weight. A 180 lb person = 81.64 kg, so 0.1 x 81.64= 8.16 mg THC required total to get 1 person high. 8.16 mg is far below the maximum solubility of THC in water.

Therefore, the efficacy of this tea recipe, at least in terms of THC solubility, is completely plausible.

Now to try it... :D

9. haha nice, always wondered why you could make stem tea with just water and still get high from it, finally some actual facts explaining why, +rep thanks man

10. I really would like to know how long it takes to take effect?

And what if I wanted to smoke on top of that?

11. [quote name='"jp1308"']To anyone who says that this won't work because THC isn't water 'soluble', please pay attention; here's some science for you:

The terms 'soluble' and 'insoluble' are both relative terms. Most solutes that are deemed soluble in a solvent are not infinitely soluble. For example, table salt has a solubility in water of 359g/L at room temperature, meaning that if you add more than 359g to a liter of water, the salt will NOT dissolve into the water under any circumstances (unless temperature is raised, but we'll get to that later).

Likewise, and more pertinent to the conversation, "The term insoluble is often applied to poorly or very poorly soluble compounds" (Wikipedia, "Solubility"; Solubility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), meaning that even many compounds deemed 'insoluble' can still be dissolved to a minor degree. This is the case for THC in water.

THC's solubility in water is 2.8 g/L (Sigma Aldrich MSDS). That means that UP TO 2.8 grams can be dissolved into a liter of water. Given that, a maximum of 1.316g THC can be dissolved into 2 cups of water at room temperature. (2 cups= 0.41 L). However, as solubility of all compounds increases with temperature, even more could potentially be dissolved.

An active dose of THC (how much you need to get high) is roughly 0.1 mg/kg body weight. A 180 lb person = 81.64 kg, so 0.1 x 81.64= 8.16 mg THC required total to get 1 person high. 8.16 mg is far below the maximum solubility of THC in water.

Therefore, the efficacy of this tea recipe, at least in terms of THC solubility, is completely plausible.

Now to try it... :D[/quote]

Props.

12. Dont want to resurrect this or nothing but I want more answers.....

I just tried this and im feeling something in my body and head and my eyes are low... I haven't smoked all day but I had stems from my plant....

Water is still a  solvent..... any other like research on this....