Veeners 2nd grow - Nirvana's Indoor Mix

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Veeners5, Oct 16, 2009.

1. #1 Veeners5, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010
    The following information is for the first grow. Things got a small update since the first one and I thought I would just leave the original post so any new-comers could see the info. The updated info will be below the original :rolleyes:;)

Room: 4'4" x 2'5" x 6'3" (L x W x H)
    Lights: 250 watt Sunleaves two-way lamp. Westinghouse MH bulb with color temp @ 4000K (I know, I know). Light cycle is 20hrs on and 4 hrs off. Light is 12 inches from tops.
    Strains: DNA LA Woman and one of Nirvana's Indoor mix pack EDIT: later determined to be Nirvana Special:smoking: (contains 1 seed of the following: Master Kush. PPP, Afghan, Skunk #1 and Nirvana special).
    Soil: Greenthumb organic. Switched to ffof around 30days from seed.
    Nutrients: Foxfarm Grow Big; Foxfarm Tiger Bloom
    Germination method: paper towel at about 82F.
    Environmental conditions: Temperature - lights out: 65-68F; Lights on: 79-82F; RH - Lights out: 62%, Lights on: 32-45%.
    Watering/Feeding: Each plant receives 1 quart every 5-6 days (small pots), ~1/2 - 3/4 gallon/plant in 3 gal pots. 1teaspoon/gallon Grow Big. Untreated water given every third watering.

Okay so there is the background info. Also to note that this is my first grow and there have been a couple set backs along the way. On day 15, both plants were pruned. The LA Woman was incorrectly fimmed? at the fourth node. Recovered fine. The nirvana plant was topped at the fifth node. On day 30, LA Woman was topped at 3 side branching tops.

I plan to try the "spiral around the pot" lst method on LA Woman and "LBH's" 4-way lst method on the Nirvana plant. Both methods have excellent guides but I tend to have a knack for fucking up the simple things.

Edit: The walls of the original closet are white poster-board only, taped with white masking tape ;)

UPDATE:
    The closet is now the flower room ONLY and a second closet has been added for a vegetative room ONLY. The 250watt light has been moved into the Veg Room and a 400watt light is now kicking some ass in the original closet. A cloner has been added to the veg room via BUDSLiNGER's tutorial :hello: very much recommended if your like inexpensive and easy DIY ;); the walls of the veg closet are lined with Panda film, as is the clone shelf light blocking apparatus:rolleyes:. The lights are on 24/7 in the veg room except for an occasional 3-4 off a week to give the light a manufactured recommended break :). There are some decent pics of the closet on page 107 and video somewhere :confused_2:

Grow 2 consists of Master Kush, PPP, Afghan and Skunk #1. 3 clones were taken from 3 different plants (maybe:eek:)....that I forgot to write down :rolleyes::eek: so I still dont know what Im growing exactly :laughing:

Attached Files:

2. Nirvana Indoor Mix:

Attached Files:

3. There we go, first journal started, we shall see where it goes.

4. looken good bro, finally got mine started too. they are about a week old from sprout now. I saved the l.a. woman for my next grow, just doing the northern lights for now. How old are they now they look good. Can tell you have been doing some training.

5. #5 Veeners5, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks dude. They are 30 and 28 days old today. Im hoping to fill up my pot space in another few weeks hopefully. That LA Woman is an awesome looking plant, you will be happy with it. More pics in a few days.

6. Okay so I got bored and decided I would try to make a scrog screen with whatever I could find at the house. Tore apart an old box spring for the wood and had some hemp twine laying around the junk drawer. I dont know if the twine will be sturdy enough or not. Ive never done this before so I have no idea how strong a scrog screen should be but it seems like it doesnt have to be reinforced steel or anything, idk. Also a quick update on the 2 plants I have. This is at 32 and 30 days old.

Attached Files:

7. I'm glad you're doin the LA Woman. I'm excited to see what it turns out like.

8. that screen actually looks really nice :) i cant wait to see the final product for LA Woman and PPP...2 strains i might try along with maybe some Northern Lights...

just wondering..

are you planning on using the scrog for your next grow?

LSTing and topping?..i could be a bad reader but i dont think ive even seen that being done before lol.. topping pretty much splits the "topped" section into 2..right?...so more side branches to tie down?

9. I do not know if it the PPP. It could be PPP, master kush, shunk #1, afghan or the Nirvana special, idk. Thanks for the comment on the screen. User "LBH" is where I got the method for the topping and lst regimen. I was hoping to use the screen on this grow but we will see how the plants are looking when they fill up their pots. I dont really know what Im doing, so if I offer advice, do not take it ;).

10. a random?..interesting..:)....

you were hoping to use the screen along with LST?

11. I was but now I think Ill stick to just lst'ing. Maybe for the next grow.

12. The LST on that is perfect. She's got nice tight growth too. That plant is being perfectly trained to be a perfect screen plant IMO. I wouldn't toss the screen idea just yet, she's going to surprise you and start to bush up quickly now.

:hello:

Great job +rep

13. looking good, perfectly grown. and the yard clips are a nice idea, im going to use it when i start to train mine.

14. Those are actually just blue plastic coated wire hangers cut and bent into a hook.

Ive had some people advise me to go "lollipop" style b/c of the 250watt limitations. I will stay with what Ive started but in the future I am curious to try cloning and then go for the one big bud if it allows me to squeeze in more grows/year. What do you guys think?

15. i second that, cloning is the way to go. you get 100% female plants without the startup delay of sprouting seeds. the only thing is u have to keep a mother, so it will require a switch up in growing ritual. im definitely going to employ mothering when i have the space. im tried of scrounging around for seeds of questionable origin from bud ive smoked or seeds acquired from friends. im looking for guaranteed heads, lol.

16. You could always get your seeds from a seed bank. Buy femmed seeds and plant as many moms as you need. That way when your mother gets "tired" from cutting, you still have a few seeds. Thats just what Ive been thinking but need to build a box and that will be awhile.

17. All grows should have a solid foundation of microbiology and chemistry. Sorry I got bored.

Attached Files:

18. Nice did you top them?

19. whoa..they seem much bigger now...how old are they?

20. Yeah, they're gettin bushy. They are 34 and 32 days from seed.