anyone try dna's cataract kush?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by andy83, Oct 16, 2009.

1. One other thing you might want to keep in mind is that LA CONFIDENTIAL is a heavy feeder. I give my plants Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, Cal Mag, and also this stuff called Bushdoktors Kangaroots which helps the roots get really big and healthy and help them take up more nutrients. For pests I use AZAMAX but only if its needed. Also, I started giving my babies Vermi-T worm compost tea and the worm compost tea seems to really help. The plants love that stuff. Already I am seeing new essential oil production and they are looking perkier. Keep in mind the last few weeks is when the plants put on a lot of their final weight as they go toward that final push trying to get pollinated. Cataract may not be the biggest yielder but its not the smallest I've seen either. Grand Daddy Purple is a strain that really has small yields.

2. Yeah, I am just now starting to see the first hints of yellowing crystals. I am guessing I have 2 weeks left. So hopefully I do see a growth spurt in the buds.

3. Just checked the label tags on my Cataracts and I started flowering them May 15th so I'm on day 49 or 50. I have a Carson 60-100x handheld micro "dope" scope and I usually go by how the trichs look rather than by a certain set number of days to flower. Some plants take a little longer. However, there has been times when I tried to let the plant mature too much and it started getting bud rot. Sometimes bud will look done, then I check them under the scope and the trichs are still clear. I like to wait until the buds have a majority of amber and cloudy trichs. Give me some nice couchlock Indica over some Sativa that'll have me bouncing off the walls any day. Although, I do have a giant Sativa plant flowering in a 5 gallon bucket outside in the greenhouse that is taller and bigger aound than me. LOL. I figure it will take about 14 weeks to fully mature. A gang of lizards protects the weed plants for me out there because it is very warm and safe in the greenhouse, plenty of herb, and water and bugs to eat. It's lizard heaven. They're not even scared of me. Sometimes they just hang out and watch me as I water my plants or smoke a joint. They don't even run away! Now, that is trippy when you're smoking a joint with a lizard and it's not scared of you and just hangs out. Anyway this haze I got is a monster of a haze i grew from a mongoloid free seed with unstable genetics so it is 1 weird looking plant. Sorry to go off on a tangent about some bullsh*t. I just smoke a doobie of some Kens Grand Daddy Purps and I am feeling jah. Hope the Cataract works out for you althor. I'll try to post some pics of my plants if I can before I chop them.

4. I guess it depends how much you smoke, but I generally average between 2 and 3 ounces per plant so 6 plants would yield way more than enough to cover my wife and I for four months.

5. Just an update. Over the past handful of days it has shot up from my shortest of 3 to my tallest of 3. Not as filled in as the other 2 but it is making some strides.