What is the most profound theory/insight/idea you've ever been blessed with?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TetraHighdro, Oct 13, 2009.

1. "this sucks" lol thats one, another one is "i need to get out of this town"

2. willie nelson and snoop dogg are actually the same person.

if you look at their musical careers, they both are the old gangsta of their genre. they both are famous stoners, and they both have braids.

and when they performed together one of the, was cgi

3. And crazy.. choose your friends CAREFULLY

4. Stoners generally as a group tend to be the most focused on progress as a person, Growth. Im not sure if its related to the fact that our catalyst for whatever we choose to do is grown which allows us to learn from that. One time after thinking about this for a while, and then all the knocked up girls from my years of highschool in the past, I came to a very scary revelation. The majority of the women who become pregnant while in high school are often very poor mothers. I began to think of the irony of the best being around (humans) being put in charge of another human, their offspring or not, before the human is grown into an adult. Now the revelation part: If every child, man or women, was cooerced (not forced, but rewarded for participating) into planting a cannabis seed on their 13th birthday by the time they were 18 or 19 they would have a much better understanding of the life cycles of an organism, and how the organism responds to various biologically needed stimulation.

(My explanation: Often in high school, especially among women, meal skipping is very common. There are very little consequences from one skipped meal, so no negative result is "taught". This isnt too devestating but there are many other similar judgemental lapses of students. Previously having been responsible for a cash crop (bud) from 13-18 even if they dont smoke if there was a retail outlet for the product the child would earn money based on the effort they put into the plant, and im predicting focus a bit more for a lot more $ yield. Think of "chores" as they start when a child, and develop as you do. If they did smoke, they would be eliminating parts of their budget while getting a better understanding of any organism. So if the same mother became pregnant at 18 after having cared for a plant diligantly for 5-6 years I feel she would end up being a much better care giver than the first example who probably has never cared for another living thing outside of babysitting. Obviously its not feasable in current conditions of the world, but I feel having all children care for at least one plant at any given time from 13-18 would be monumentally helpful for the growth of the human species.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #25 OddSkeleton, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    a mind has a mind of its own

all the music is in the rainbow

6. Someone was "whether they would choice righteousness over peace, they would choose righteousness" I replied "True righteousness can only come from peace, and not war"

I liked it, so w.e :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you do that then the unexpected becomes the expected and vice versa.
    So as an example, x=the unexpected. y= the expected. So if you change it so instead of
    y=the sky is blue, x= the sky is green, then you would get that you expect the sky to be green. which you would then have to unexpect it again and again. What good is that endless cycle?

8. 'always remember you're unique, just like everyone else'

• Like Like x 1
  9. Other than the musical stylings of Brand New...the other day I was super-spaced out and kind of snapped back to reality, but as i did so i realized that it was my own voice that brought me back except I wasn't really saying anything. I was sub-conciously playing out a potential scenario in my head and was mumbling the conversation out loud...chep, you should've seen my buddies face when he looked and all he could say was..."what?" haha basically i realized that my sub-concious thoughts were overpowering my concious because it was so inactive, A whole new level of bored huh? happens alot when im in zombie mode at work, stoned to the bone stackin' fruit in an almost empty grocery store. whoo

10. I've been studying Jacques Derrida and today while high I thought "What if everyone is always stoned and marijuana sobers you up."

It's been said before, because I think I remember hearing it. But the thing about that sentence is that it can be true if you change the significance of words. So "Everyone is sober and marijuana just gets you stoned" means the same thing, but the moral implications are different in the sentences.

11. "dude did you know that we've been dying since birth"

12. At the end of the day you're just a collection of molecules that will eventually assimilate into the ground and become a part of everything else. Everything is related at a structural level. Life feeds on life, life begets life. Life is given meaning by death but life never ends because it is one big cycle. My death will feed the growth of trees and grass that will feed the life of animals that will feed the life of more animals and plants.

In conclusion, everything society expects out of you is bullshit, meaningless and stupid. It doesnt matter how many zeroes are at the end of your bank statement or how many crimes you have committed or how many drugs you do because all that is truly important in life is ensuring that your existence benefits the existence of tenfold others.

13. Your first sentence says...

1. Love
    2. Peace
    3. Happiness

But your explanation says...

1. Peace
    2. Love
    3. Happiness

:confused:

14. This thread is mind blowing (to me).

15. music is a personal and individual thing. i must let go of everything i know about what i have heard and listen to each song individually, to truely grasp the entire peice.

16. i made this up when i was straight edge.its completely bull shit but if ur stoned ull get it.

ok so my theory is a micro wave is a time machine kinda. leave an ice cube on the table it turns to water eventually. put it in a microwave, its water in like what 10-15 seconds? microwave speeds up time.only for something cold tho;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. #37 weednotcrack, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
    The feeling of God is a placebo effect.but once you know its a placebo,it doesn't work.

18. We based our civilization on ants!

19. what the fuck is this post

20. Thought of this while listening to my teacher back in high school (can't remember what class it was but we were watching avideo that was talking about the composition of the universe and atoms)

What if we, as matter are all inter-connected just as atoms are to create some other amazing creature/organism/cell etc.

IE: The universe is a 'Peatree Dish'. All of the dust, gas, matter etc is working togeher to produce something else, and the 'universe' is expanding due to whatever organism is produced from us as a whole is also expanding to fill the area of the 'Peatree Dish'

All in all, we are part of an extremely large atom (only large to us because we're so small compared to the big picture) just like protons/electrons/neutrons make up a tiny atom.

Maybe I'm going crazy. But when I told this (first time I told it to anyone; this post is the second time I've uteered this theory out of my mind for people to interpret) to my friend while we were smoking, he literally told me that shit was scary to think about.

• Like Like x 2