Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Canna-Peanut Butter- Simplest Edible Ever

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 13, 2009.

1. #2601 tokejoke, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    Just did it, but tweaked the times slightly.

Decarb 1g buds
    250 12 mins. (When it crumbled in my fingers)
    1/3 cup peanut butter and 1tsp evoo.
    310 for 20 mins in foil bowl in small counter top oven. Smeared it on two pieces of bread and waiting. I'll post results, if I fail I will follow exact recipe lol. Thanks man!

EDIT: Only slight buzz in all
    I will follow exact recipe tonight thanks.

UPDATE: followed exact directions as pictured with my local store peanut butter. 1 Gram recipe, for some reason it has a 4 Yea I said 4 hour delayed fuse! I ate it at 2:30 this afternoon, by 6 pm I was like okay maybe more bud next time. Leave my house and by 6:30 I am stoned as fuck driving around because I kept missing turns trying to get back to my house! It's 7:30 now and I'm safely in my chair with hardcore facial waves and body massages I'm glad I got home in time to enjoy it! Thank you!
    1 Hour power recipe!

"How something appears is always a matter of perspective"

2. I love this so much I'm making more right now.

3. #2603 Audley, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    Hello!
    3 questions
    1. What is the recommended bud/PB ratio for 2 people?
    2. Are you supposed to eat the whole thing?
    3. What should the time/temp be for using a glass Pyrex?

Thank you so much! And for the post! :)

4. Defintely trying this recipe

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. #2605 tokejoke, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    I am trying a small pyrex dish now. It's a single serve pudding size. I'll will post my times. I'm going to try 5 Mins longer first.

Update: used small pyrex dish and 1/4 cup peanut butter

Decarbed .4g of whole buds in foil tight wrap for 12 mins @250

Crumbled and mixed peanut butter and herb. Then i cooked it while covered for 26 mins @325deg.

Used indica strain so im definitely not wanting to be adventurous lol but its the bomb! Like I said

1 hour power recipe!

"How something appears is always a matter of perspective"

6. #2606 Abe421, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    Sounds like a great recipe. I'll definitely give it a try soon, planing on this weekend. My only question, can I place some aluminum foil inside the baking dish I'm using, and place the peanut butter on the foil? Would the PB burn/stick to the foil or come off easily?So that way it does not come into contact with the actual surface of the dish. Just makes it easier for clean up and stuff. I'm using some kind of bread/cake baking pan thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I always put a sheet of baking paper in the pan and it's really easy to clean up after

8. hey!

first of all: i love you mr. SmokeeTheBear :D

i've read a lot about firecrackers and stuff and after loads of trials with brownies, cookies and stuff i made green dragon.
    i love this stuff and will always make some more! but since the GD takes me three days (all the hours of evaporating .. i can't go to work that time, so my weekend passes bye for the cooking ..)
    then i read this whole thread and then i just mixed up all the things i know about edibles and made the PB. (mixed with nutella.)
    it's delicious!

my work:

i just mixed the non-canna-stuff all together until it's one homogen mass:
    60g Peanutbutter
    70g Nutella (the PB is still very, very dominating)
    0,5g Lecithin
    10ml of Peanutoil/Oliveoil

Then i put 2g of a mid-high quality weed into my mortar and pestled the stuff until there is really just nothing more than powder.

Decarbing:
    Put the powder in a porcelain-bowl (i usually use it for cereals) and covered it with four layers of tinfoil.
    Decarbtime: 10 min.
    Decarbtemp: 110C (~230F)

while the bowl is cooling down, just let the foil on it, you can prepare the oven and set temp. to 165C (~330F)
    when you can touch the bowl again, you can put the foil off and mix it all together!
    as Mr. SmokeeTheBear said: Just don't be shy. mix it as long as you think you need to - it's never too much!

Then i put the foil on again and placed the bowl in the oven for another 20 min., then i turned the oven off but i still let the bowl sit there for another 3 min.

after cooling down and mix it all again (and i filled it in a new jar.) i put it in the freezer over night. (i think it has been there for ~12h)
    since then it's been stored in the light-safe jar in my shelf. probably i'll put it in the fridge when i don't use it a whole day...

i just startet the first test:
    (had lunch at 16:30) - i ate 12g (should be ~0,15g weed) and after an hour now i can feel a nice "social-buzz" and that's what i like very much during the day! i'm really calm at the moment right now :D and i love to tell you this stuff ^^ probably i'll take another 12g today .. and i want to do a 50g test for breakfast this week :)

it's so damn easy and quick! if my high right now isn't just placebo, i love it ..more than GD  :D

cheers! 

9. Tried, Now almost 2 hours in and feeling nothing. Still hoping though

10. The simplest, preeminent way to get highhhh.  :hello:  :smoke:

About to make some PB&J!

11. #2611 mrsilly, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Mis post sorry

12. #2612 K8011, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Think I might have over cooked it :mad:

We will see in a few hours though  :metal:

13. Pretty high actually.  :smoking:
    Took about an hour to kick and, but when it did. Wow.  :hippie:

14. First post. Just wanted to say I've had great success with this recipe. My latest batch was way too big and I was worried about how long it can be stored before it goes bad, but it appears I have nothing to worry about:

Too bad MrsEd hasn't been around for a while.  Wonder if it would have been still good after 4 years or more.  This is just out of curiosity, of course, because even one year is plenty long for most people.

Just some advice:  if anyone has been having trouble with the potency of the recipe or if edibles just don't work for you in general, it could be just your particular metabolism and you should experiment with  taking it at different times during the day.

For instance, it seems from what I've read in the forum that it's best to take edibles during or after a meal.  I'm sure that's backed by science and what not, but for me personally, that hasn't worked for me.  If I take it with a meal, I pretty much feel nothing afterwards.  If I take it 30 minutes to 2 hours after a meal, there is an effect, but it's pretty muted.  If I take it at least ten minutes or more before a meal, that's when I've felt the greatest effect so far.

Bottom line is, experiment with when you dose and it just might work for you.   

15. What would a good dose for a beginner to edibles but a long time smoker

16. #2616 bipola, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    This has become my main method of getting high in the last 6-8 months. It's ridiculously easy and awesome. 
    I just finished a batch last friday which I made in early December last year...

I have a perennially low tolerance despite smoking on and off for 15+ years so I imagine my situation is a bit different in terms of how much I need to get a good effect, but generally I would use about 2 heaped teaspoons and find that it was sometimes almost too strong a high if anything. That batch contained about 2g of some dankedy dankeroo whereas previous ones had maybe more like 1.5g.

I just made a new batch tonight using some new herb I got which looks like pretty weak shit compared to what I'm used to getting, so it will be interesting to see how well it works. I got about 2.5g of shake and then chopped up a couple of semi decent looking buds as well so might be nearly 4g this time, but I still don't know if the quantity will make up for the weed being nowhere near "good" quality. I hope it doesn't taste too much worse as I haven't struggled with the taste much up to this point using better herb, but I anticipate that it probably will taste pretty bad based on how it smells and looks etc.

I decarbed as always for about 15 mins this time. Can't say for certain it makes a difference but all I know is every batch of this I've made has turned out great (time will tell on the new one though, won't be trying till at least tomorrow).  

I feel like the batches I make may get a bit more potent over time also, like after the previous one had been stored in my pantry for a month or two, I couldn't avoid getting insanely high from it without meaning to. I keep it in this glass tupperware thing which has an airtight seal, pretty much the best way to store it imo. 

Also it varies quite wildly how long it takes for me to get truly baked (from the same batch), sometimes it kicks in with strong effects after about 30 minutes, but the last time for example it was extremely subtle/almost nothing at first, then about 4 hours later I felt mindblowingly high and drifted into an amazing sleep shortly after.  

17. This is the recipe I used on my very first edible. It's still the one I use to educate those that haven't experienced the high.

Thanks for posting this gem. It gave me the confidence to learn how to make hundreds of tasty dishes.

18. #2618 ImTheJoker4u2, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    Has anyone tried cooking with this?
    I was thinking of making 2 cups worth with about 3 grams into some peanut butter cookies.
    I got walking pneumonia and cant smoke and Ive got like a 1/4 of some killer that would be a perfect candidate.
    Do you think I could just mix the cannabis into the cookie mix and then bake them normally? It would of course be finely ground....

OK So Im going out on a limb.. Didnt decarb...
    Dumped 3G into the recipe for Peanut-Butter Buddy Bars from previous page....
    Will post results............

19. Looks like you're not around a lot but.... Bake covered or uncovered??

20. So 3G was not really enough for this whole recipe... Caught a slight head change, but nothing to put me down... Guess I'll try again tomorrow.