Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Canna-Peanut Butter- Simplest Edible Ever

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 13, 2009.

1. One cup is 16 table spoons

2. I made some of this Monday.   I used 4.7 grams of Purple Kush.. I used a grinder to make finely ground weed.  I decarboxylated it per the OP's instructions.... mixed it with about a cup of Peanut Butter.  Baked it for about 25 minutes. 

First day, I ate 2 spoons' (silverware spoon) worth.  Wasn't sure if I felt the  effects.

2nd day, I ate 2 ... waited 2 hours, then 2 more.  THAT was the right dosage.  Very very pleasant high... got very relaxed at first, then it hit my head. Very nice cerebral high.   Different strains might cause different results , in fact, I expect they would.   One neg, got a bit of a headache.  Not much, but enough to mention. 

Thank you VERY much for this recipe!!!!!!

it is SO easy to do. 

3. Are you able to make these using BHO instead of buds?

Like a half gram of shatter per 1/4th cup of penut butter?

4. Just made a batch!!!!!!

2 Grams of Sour Purple with 1/4 cup of PB.

Baked for 27 minutes. Letting it cool off and trying in a bit! Will let you guys know how it goes.

Attached Files:

5. Guessing it was fireeeee

6. Tried it around 6:50 Eastern time... smoked 2 blunts in between so im not sure when exactly it hit, but after 8pm I couldnt keep my eyes opened much longer. Body felt light as a feather and it was a consistent body high, not much of a head high for me (thinking it was the Purple Sour though).

Only used 2G of some mid though, i figure if I switch to some top shelf or add another gram of mids to the mixture that ill be sky high for sure!

Thanks for the recipe, gonna make a few jars of this stuff!

7. Your gonna love it man!

I did however notice that if you're using mids, you definitely want to get a decent amount of bud in there if you're looking for a really full high.  With my 2G and 1/4cup PB mix i noticed i was high but it wasn't a really full high, I still desired a bit more of a buzz.

8. Tried this with your instructions, made a pbj, ate it at school nutrition, and died in 3rd period

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Does prebaking the weed truly make a difference? I would like to make a large batch of this and would obviously like the most potency out of it.

Would appreciate any serious input

10. #2571 SeriousToke, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
    Hey so I'm using a glass pan pretty much...
    How long should I put it in for? I mean...I appreciate the guide/recipe a hell of a ton but did no one experiment with a glass pan or anything of that sort? I can't be the only one who doesn't have oven pans and shit...

its been in for 34m so far. Checked on it and it was like liquidy so I put it back in.

EDIT: I used 5.2 grams of vaped weed by the way. Think thatll be enough? I mean I only ate a tiny bit but last night I ate a firecracker with a ton of vaped weed in it and felt nothing. So maybe this time...

11. It makes a huge difference, it's called decarboxylation. Google it.
    220F for about 25-30 minutes does the trick for me.

:smoke:

12. #2573 Smokey The Bearington, Jan 15, 2015
    Thanks for the reply.

Did some research and it does indeed seem as though its an essential step in edible making! Now, my only concern is what temperature to use and for how long. Ive seen multiple answers and a common one seems to be 300 degrees for 12-18 mins. Can anyone else chime in on this?

Also, is it just decarb the bud, take it out of the oven and then dump the necessary amount of peanut butter in and bake again?

13. 300F is way too hot. You'll start to vaporize the cannabanoids out of your herb.
    Stick to under 250F.

14. #2575 Smokey The Bearington, Jan 15, 2015

15. How many times have you decarbed at 220 F for 25-30 mins?

Excuse my skepticism, just want to ensure the best possible results.

16. More times than I care to count.
    THC starts to vaporize at just over 300F, and ovens have heat cycles not a constant heat. Meaning the temperature is always cycling up and down, by a few degrees at least. You will lose some THC. Not to mention the more volatile cannabinoids...

The age of your cannabis is also a factor in how long it takes to fully decarboxylate, as it happens naturally over time. The older it is, the less cooking time is required.

If you check out the tincture thread in my signature we have thoroughly discussed this, including lab tests showing full decarboxylation.

:smoke:

17. Thanks a lot brother! I appreciate you taking the time out to educate me.

Next time i go ahead and do this process im definitely going to decarb.

One last question, after you decarb do you just dump the necessary amount of PB for the mix or is there another step needed?

18. I was super skeptical before I ate this stuff but it actually works great.. The taste isn't all that bad (spread that shit on some toast) and neither is the smell when baking it. I did however eat WAY more then I should of.. Ended up going into work the next day soaring.. Which isn't a problem for most but I've been working for a building company the last few months and they had me doing all kinds of things I'd rather not do while stoned.. Climbing up the side of a 3 story house with a flimsy ladder..
    Squeezing into a crawl space ..
    Awesome recipe though! Definitely will try this again when I don't have to work the next day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Did you decarb the buds before hand?