Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Canna-Peanut Butter- Simplest Edible Ever

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 13, 2009.

1. I need help! I plan on making this with my girlfriend! We both have low tolerances smoking and this is our first edible. How much should we use to get us both stoned off our ass?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [quote name="RippinInTheUS" post="20261382" timestamp="1404703849"]I need help! I plan on making this with my girlfriend! We both have low tolerances smoking and this is our first edible. How much should we use to get us both stoned off our ass?

It honestly depends on the potency and quality of your pot. If you use schwag then obviously you'd use more than mids. Id recommend .5-1 gram per edible. See how that works. Eat one, wait at least 45 minutes to see how high you get, and if you want to get more stoned then eat another and repeat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. [quote name="Starcloud" post="20261426" timestamp="1404704657"][quote name="RippinInTheUS" post="20261382" timestamp="1404703849"]I need help! I plan on making this with my girlfriend! We both have low tolerances smoking and this is our first edible. How much should we use to get us both stoned off our ass?

It honestly depends on the potency and quality of your pot. If you use schwag then obviously you'd use more than mids. Id recommend .5-1 gram per edible. See how that works. Eat one, wait at least 45 minutes to see how high you get, and if you want to get more stoned then eat another and repeat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]

I have some pretty dank bud. Gets me smacked in about a bowl, sometimes less. Still recommend about a gram per edible?

4. #2504 Starcloud, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    If you really want to be stoned off your ass, then yeah I'd still recommend it. Now of course seeing we're just talking about making the peanut butter, or whatever the name for it is, your going to have to work it out in your head depending on what your making. Don't quote me on this but I think the OP left a ratio on a recommended amount of bud per peanut butter. Look back at that, I think it was like .5 - 1 gram per 1/4 cup of peanut butter. That should be fine in your case if you have some dank bud with a low tolerance. But remember, you could always make a big batch of it and then just save some for later, and it may even increase the potency of the peanut butter if it sits long enough ;)

5. So I was trying to make edibles for the 5th time (I always mess something up) and I was trying to make canna peanut butter. I got about 3g of bud and grinded it up to dust, then put it in a bowl and in the oven at 250F for 10 mins to decarb. Stupidly, I grabbed the bowl and it was super hot so I just dropped it and all the weed scattered all over the door mat. I picked up the mat and shook all the weed onto a paper and got about 90% of it back (it's now cooking in the oven at 325F with the peanut butter). 
    \nDo you think this will still work? or do you think all the THC is stuck in the door mat :(

6. Yesterday I made these at 4:20 (was a coincidence) as my first edible. I used 3g's and 3/4 cups of jiff crunchy peanut butter. I decarbed the weed for 10 min and added two teaspoons of coconut oil to the peanut butter. It all worked out great and got me pretty high. I didn't think it tasted too bad but had some chocolate milk to go with it.

7. It's probably too late to answer but I highly doubt your doormat had enough fatty molecules to combine with and "soak up" all the thc from your bud xD Should be fine, just wear oven mitts next time. Plus, without heat, thc extraction takes a long time. Heat speeds up the process. So as long as you don't have a heated door mat at above 350 degrees your fine.

8. Works wonder! Put 4g in 3/4 cup. I'm saving it for the beach this weekend, but just 2 spoonfuls to test have had me soaring in from 7pm-1am

9. Alright so I've been floating around this thread for a couple of days and decided to actually report on my experience.

I took a couple grams (just eye balled it) and decarbed it for 20 minutes.
    Then I mixed it with the peanut butter and put it in an airtight Pyrex container for a full 24 hours for thc extraction.
    Took the peanut butter out and just tasted it, and it had a nice taste of cannabis. Then I just followed the rest of the baking instructions.

My results: I was pretty let down at first. Thinking it was a waste of time. I thought I needed to put more bud into the ratio. So almost 2 hours in I decide to smoke about .4 grams from my pen vape. I took the first couple hits and then the edibles hit me everything went slow motion and I could barely put together a functioning sentence. This high wasn't from the weed I smoked for 2 inhales. Definitely not. I'm not sure if it was letting it sit for awhile or the recipe or maybe both but I was high as a kite. I'll be making more, to test if letting it sit out before baking makes it more potent. I know heat only quickens the thc extraction, so maybe letting it sit for a certain amount of time and then baking ensures the most potency you can get out of the recipe.
    I'll decarb and then mix it with the natural peanut butter and let sit a *full week* and then bake. I'll update the results

10. #2510 bipola, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Did this a second time about 3 weeks ago and it was awesome. The first time I had barely 2 teaspoons and still felt a very mild relaxation effect/improved sleep without really being "high" as such, but the second time I had slightly more (still basically 2 teaspoons, but probably about 30% more overall than the time before and it tasted more herb-like so maybe there was just a higher concentration of thc in that particular bit than what I had first) and got legitimately high. Strong body high and a pretty good head high. Music sounded even better than it usually does after smoking. Stayed up for about 4 hours after the effects started then found I was struggling to stay awake so went to bed and slept for about 15 hours (mind you I hadn't slept well the night before so needed to catch up a bit, but still, 15 hours...)

I know the amount I had probably wouldn't affect anyone with much of a tolerance in the same way but I was amazed at how high I got from that amount, and I still have like 95% of the batch I made left (which only used about 1.7g of dankedy dank to about 350gm PB) so theoretically I could do it like 20+ more times if I only had to have that much.

11. I am working on making this tonight.  Excited!!

12. Almost had a casthrophe. I decided to add the olive oil to my mixture because I was using nutella. I almost added my herb when I realized the olive oil was rancid. Thank goodness I realized before. That would have sucked. Anyways, my concoction is almost done, sans olive oil.

~June

13. 1gram OG Kush grinded... 1/4 cup pnut butter, 3 teaspoons xxxtra virgin olive oil... 325 in the oven, 24minutes... IM.........FUCKING....... :smoke:  :smoking:  :bongin:  :metal:  :hippie:  IM GOING TO JAM ON VIDEO GAMES AND SMOKE A BLUNT!  :eek:  IM FRYED! 

14. My Nutella thing is basically a version of this. Last night, I used about 2g of very dank bud, about a half cup of Nutella-like spread, a few tablespoons of coconut oil, a tablespoon of lecithin. I finely ground the bud up into a fine powder, decarbed it (the kitchen smelled like cat pee afterward), then covered it with oil and lecithin and baked it for 30 mins on 325. Then I melted the Nutella, and mixed that all up together, and poured it back into one of my empty Nutella containers, then microwaved the concoction for about 45 seconds at a time, let it cool, cooked it again, stirred it up really well.

I sampled it last night - about two teaspoons got me really wrecked.

15. First follow this recipe.

Then preheat oven to 325.

Whisk an egg and a dash of vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add a cup of peanut Buddha and stir. Finally add a cup of Sugar and stir that in too. Take a tablespoon of batter and roll it into a ball. Align them on a baking sheet allowing enough room to press them out a bit. Using a fork press them down. Bake at 325 for about fourteen minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy. Works best if you use coffee grinder to really powder the bud.

I think I would put it in a magic bullet or something to make sure it would be super fine and almost a powder. 
    I think I would personally find the buds in the pnut butter too gritty for me but if your in a pinch i think its a great idea!

maybe with NUTELLA?? hmmm :yummy:

17. I've done it by just grinding it up between my fingers after decarb. I found it palatable. But the last time I used a coffee grinder and was very happy with the results. 

18. Nice, I tried cannabutter with a Vita-Sack and I was lifted to a higher level lol

19. Just made some (1g dank decarbed @250f for 20 min, 1/3 cup pb, dash of vegetable oil, cooked 25 min @325f ...looks nice and gooey. Will report back

Attached Files:

20. I was going to make this tonight but I don't have enough weed right now. Oh well maybe this weekend.