WTF happened to Jnco jeans?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by housefullOweed, Oct 13, 2009.

1. #101 nuthuggers, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
    1980s skateboarders were mainly skatepark skaters and they wore tight shit and skated on old school wide boards like tony hawk powell peralta boards wore skater pads wore their socks up with shorts wore helmets & had railslide guards on the skateboard decks.

1990s skateboarders were street skaters and skated on new school boards like alien workshop & birdhouse < tony hawks brand after he split with powell/peralta and powell split with peralta and chocolate boards.Jncos were part of the street skaters of the 90s we didnt wear skate pads and have railslide guards on the boards and wear tight shit like 80s skaters we didnt wear our socks up either pulled em down if we wore shorts didnt wear helmets either.

Alot of the skateparks/verts closed down in the mid 90s and they stopped selling the wide old school skateboards, so we turned into street skaters and changed our look along the way.

Pants i wore street skating in 1994.

Alot of the people didnt really know what the fuck it was really about bunch of posers.

[​IMG]

2. There's your real awnser.

3. what about 80's spandex and flight pants?

ForumRunner_20121207_221755.png

NigelonSpandex.jpeg

4. I wore the fuck out of them. Then again I was a skater back then.

5. Fuck loads of people wear this shit in England now, but now G-Star Raw and Ed Hardy are the ones that make them. They don't look as extreme as these though.

Anyway OP, have a look at G-Star Raw if you can't find any Jnco ones, they're similar but a little more, i dunno, casual maybe. Not as extreme anyway.

6. They were popular in the 90s, and at the current rate we recycle fashion, they'll be the in thing (just like its flannels, cargos and snapbacks now) in another few years.

7. found a pair in my closet wearing them now :hello: ahh the comfort.

8. please let the old threads rest in piece.

9. ....grrrraaAAAAHH!!! UP FROM THE DEPTHS, I REVIVE THIS THREAD! at least for my post....

i found this when i was searching furiously for some jnco clothing. then i read about six pages of this before i could not resist joining the forum any longer. gotta give my jnco testimonial, it cant die with me!

im 27 now, i was about ten or eleven when the jnco explosion occured. it was so obnoxious at first, with the cuffs bigger than the wast, that ultimately it helped normalize a lot of things that kids growing up in that generation really benefited from. pardon my spelling im a wreck. i was like a couple of you, i begged and begged for a pair, and of course the shirts were more affordable so they were easier to come by. dragons, skulls, flames, wolves, yeah of course that shit is queer, sorry real queers, homosexuality is fine by me, im just bein coloquial, i remember fondly a short sleeve jnco shirt that i had that was a dark color like a slate or a burgandy and it had a cave man on it, that shit was soooooo cool i tried to wear it as often as possible, i probably started off every week wearing it. i remember i had this long sleeve one that was grey, with some neon striping down one sleeve, some geometric shit that said jnco, and i was into tearin thumb holes into my sleeves, and i ended up wearing the threads so bare that the ends of these sleeves looked like fucking spider webs and i could have a million choices of thumb holes and i could fidget all god damned day long with that stuff.

now i had a few pair of jnco, but they were always pretty non-descript, you could tell who was legit, who had the fuckin integrity of a ten year old MAN lolol....some of the posers had jncos, and it was always the kangaroos, the crowns, and the other commonly (and rightfully so) well bashed logos. and oh my fuckin god the d-bags and the unfortunates that wore jnco shorts. i dont care what design was on them, the only LEGIT pair of jnco shorts you could wear were CUT OFF JNCO JEANS!! and no, we didnt cut them off to make shorts, we cut them off because we fucking had to, because it was either cut em off into shorts or lose the whole fucking thing because they were torn the fuck up, and you would always get bitched at for destroying good expensive pants, but only mildly, because all of the parents knew that all of the fucking cool kids were doing it, and if they loved us they wanted us to feel like chuck norris five years ago. man i had some get ups that were so bad fucking ass i hated everything about everything at that point in life EXCEPT my god damned jncos.

ICP only had one or two good songs a long long time ago, i tried listening to those two last year, and i realized that they didnt hold anything for me. I didnt even nostalgia.

ecko and fubu dont even compare, really on any level, anyone who sees those brands in the same light as jnco are very out of touch. with the 90s. lol.

i had pants i could fit a 2-liter soda in, which i only did as a test of the pockets.

you would think at a place like grass city forums you could express your love for jnco jeans, or anything really, and you should be able to nostalgia all over peoples faces, without fucking haters coming in attacking people. there were decent people who never owned jncos. haters of jncos are disqualified from that group.

ITS 2013 AND I WOULD WEAR THE IMMORTAL FUCK OUT OF SOME JNCO GEAR!!! Im a computer repair tech with an awesome hands on job making great money and hours and i havent been charged with a single crime of any degree in 7+ years, my bills all have my name on them, my relationship is great, i get money back every tax season, i contribute to my local economy often in various ways, AND AGAIN, I WOULD WEAR THE IMMORTAL FUCK OUT OF SOME JNCOS!!!

man that felt good.

10. Ha you kids Jnco's were the most comfortable jeans ever. I would give my right nut to have all of mine back. I was in high school when they hit the scene and if you were anti-establishment and somewhat a criminal who had them in spades. Man these nut hugging sperm killing jeans are horrible and the jnco will rise again because imagination is dead in fashion. You all who have been hating will be some of the first hippsters in line to get you some. Anyway I am working on my phd in physics and mathematics right now and I can garun-f*cking-tee I would wear them outside of the office with all my tats hanging out. So don't hate on style and times you don't understand. Now grandpa will let it go. Love and Peace. 

11. #111 P@R@DOX, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    I was looking hard in the deep underground of the web for someone selling some cool rare vintage JNCO classics reading through all the hate and love.
    Seeing how so many predicted wrong and few predicted right, how some just like me never stopped looking for them, and for the realistic it never was actually about trends and who cares about anyone's damn ill judgments, because that's what I love, it ain't about how old or young you are, or what people think you're supposed to be, it's about being you and not judging others for being them, hints the JNCO jeans title "Judge None Choose one"

Look at my vintage collection now.

And by the way I'm laughing as many of you are eating your words because JNCO jeans came back and I bet some of you talking shit here bought a pair lol

Attached Files: