Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #60361 Fresh Error, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    lebron might be better at speedily concocting championship contending rosters than he is at actually winning championships

this dude is gonna blow MJ outta the water as an NBA exec after his careers over :laughing:

2. How about them Spurs. Now they have David West. Shit is unreal.

3. Well if it wasnt gonna be the wiz im glad it was the spurs, a western conference team that i like

4. Spurs keep stacking. The west made some serious moves this year.

I like the moves LA is making, they arent adding super star free agents, but solid contributors to the table in Hibbert and Williams. I never was a fan of Nick Young and his childish behavior. His whole Swaggy P is so unnecessary. Cant wait to see the young guns Randle and Russell play with Clarkson.

Gasol resigns with Grizzlies...thats a deal well deserved. Many forget just how good Gasol is on both ends of the court and a superb passer for a big.

5. I was clearly being factious dude.

Spurs got David West for peanuts? Wow the whole Bought vs Built shit is looking even more stupid right now

6. David West takes 11 mil paycut to play for the 5 time champs!!

Smart man, he is.

7. I honestly like this Spurs team and a healthy OKC team over GS anyway.

8. Who really cares though.. ?

Can't blame L.A. for wanting to leave Portland for a situation that sets him up for a chance to win a ring immediately, not to mention he gets to play for a hall of fame coach, one of the best of all time, along side a hall of fame big man who can teach him so much to help improve his game while he's still in his prime... And he gets to live in Texas, where's he's from and had a great career with the LongHorns... Couldn't get any better for him.

Can't blame the Spurs either for wanting to add another piece or two to keep the championship vibe going for at least a few more years. It puts us in a spot to be contenders even when Duncan/Gino/Pop retire which could be very soon.

Spurs are a model franchise from top to bottom. As if they haven't shown that by winning 5 championships within 15 years, they showed it this off season by executing some serious tweaking with the roster and cap space and being able to come through with signing Aldridge. Couldn't be happier as a fan.

9. *Says who cares...types 3 paragraphs*

Dude I was just laughing at the notion because it's pretty ironic right now. Every team in the league wishes they could do what the Spurs are doing this offseason, I'm not blaming or trying to put down anyone. I just never understood why people demonize free agency.

10. The Knicks cooking up something fierce... Nets finna be fucked without JJ, but Rome wasn't built in a day right?

11. no I know, dude... lol my bad I didn't mean anything negative to you either.

I have even caught myself praising the built vs. bought thing a few times so it's no big deal.

Just a stupid judgement or perception people cast over them, including myself. I mean, yeah the team is traditionally built through the draft, not free agency. San Antonio isn't a glamorous place, or destination. It's a small market, which makes the signing of an all-star like Aldridge even sweeter.

12. The spurs and cavs are killing free agency

Its kind of a bummer when the finals matchup is pretty much decided in the fuckin offseason

13. lol, aside from injuries it's seriously looking like Spurs vs LeBron once again.

Spurs of course going to have their work cut out for them with GS and OKC but if they play like we always expect them to then there's no reason they shouldn't be in the Finals. This team is scary. If they handle their regular season business right, then they may actually be able to avoid one of those in the bracket. Pop will have a deep team so even with rest they could probably pull off a 60 win season....

With that said I really hope KD bounces back from this reoccuring foot problem, I feel like I haven't seen him ball in forever. But big men and foot problems are never ever good.

14. The cavs are just resigning everybody they already had

15. #60375 Ryan Donnelly, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    they could've lost love

16. Man imagine if the players back in the 80s and 90s could have contracts with player options and just picking whatever team they want to play for.

Sadly, how do these small market teams even compete against a stacked team like the Cavs or Spurs.

Aldridge, West, and Duncan are gonna be a tough match up for any team. Length and experience. Then you factor in Leonard, Parker, Green. Is that even fair?!

That's what was so amazing about the Warriors championship title this season, they were clear cut the best team from beginning to end. They acquired pieces and built that bench to compliment that solid starting 5. No big egos, bought into the plan.

17. #60377 TimothyTheFirst, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    cleveland and san antonio aren't big even big markets. they're probably two of the smaller markets in the league actually. they're just good teams that players want to play for.

I mean the spurs are getting big free agents this year but they never really did before. They won 5 titles in 15 years with core players that they drafted and developed on their own. They've just ran their franchise excellently for a long time so now players want to go there.

I mean the cavs technically drafted lebron but anybody would have... and they have him now cause he's from cleveland and wanted to be loyal... So I'm not going to give them a ton of credit for having him, but they did build a decent roster for a few years that would made LBJ want to go back. Drafting Kyrie, TT, and Bennett/Waiters who they flipped to get better.

The best free agent either of the two biggest markets in the nba have landed this year is lou williams lol.

18. I don't understand why you're referencing small market teams as if the Cavs and Spurs are big market themselves. The actual big market teams like Lakers and Knicks missing out on free agents actually counters your point. It's more about building a solid team that attract other players rather than the market you play for. Just look at Monroe choosing the Bucks for example. So I think your biggest gripe is how incompetent some GMs are at building teams.

Lol I didn't find the Warriors championship title all that impressive. If anything they proved that if you acquire solid role pieces and implement a good system the team will thrive. But it's hard to look at how they faired against a beat up Cavs team and call their title "amazing"; they had the luxury of playing against teams that had their starting PGs injured. In my opinion anyway.

19. Yeah, i gotta say, while the warriors run throughout the year was nice, i don't think it warrants this huge praise and talk of dynasty for years to come. Truth be told they caught a lot of breaks in the playoffs and if the cavs had been fully healthy its pretty obvious they wouldve taken that series

Not trying to hate on the warriors thats a good ass team but theyre not better than the cavs healthy and the spurs, like a lot of people are saying they are

20. #60380 tetoleetd, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    right. a 67 win season was just a fluke. no way they are the best team in the league after tying for the 4th most wins all time in a season.

no way they could conceivably get better either. i mean klay thompson is what? like 35 years old? harrison barnes? he's on his last legs. draymond green? get the fucking wheelchair. stephen curry? is that dude still in the league? festus ezeli? come on he has to be approaching 40.and steve kerr has been coaching for 50 years. dudes about to hang it up.

warriors suck.