Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #60281 JetxLife86, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
    Oh boy....so i guess there is a cold relationship between Rose and Butler. Geez...cant these guys just put their egos aside and do whats best for the team.

As much as that sounds nice, the Lakers are loaded with guards. Clarkson, Russell, Kobe...maybe Kobe or Butler at SF. Hmmm..

2. they're saying everybody is either going to LA or NY right now lol. sites just need page views

3. #60283 tetoleetd, Jun 30, 2015
    a lot of times these euro dudes get drafted after averaging like 8-10 points per game in their respective leagues. these guys are drafted almost solely on potential rather than production.

and id argue that the competition level of top college basketball teams is about equal to the competition in lower level euro leagues. just because they are "professional" doesnt mean they are necessarily better. it just means they get paid for what they do and college players dont(although they should). in fact, a lot of above average to solid college players are playing in europe.

i would trust a top prospect coming out of a major college program way more than i would trust a top euro prospect.

4. #60284 Ẅest Čoast, Jun 30, 2015
    Too bad Butler can't actually sign with LA [​IMG]

5. We should make the fantasy league a keeper league

6. #60286 JaySteele, Jun 30, 2015
    I think so too, why else would he make such a fuss at this stage of his career over money. It seems misplaced, and like he's trying to create a story that Miami did him wrong instead of one that's "Wade leaves his kingdom in Miami to join the King"

Unless of course all the alleged drama is just the media trying to strike up a story, and Wade is only opting out for a final long term stable contract

7. I'm lucky we don't lol

8. #60288 TimothyTheFirst, Jun 30, 2015
    that's because euroleague coaches don't give minutes to players they know are leaving after the season, especially young players. they have a different basketball culture over there. all the minutes go to veterans who are loyal to the respective team. even euro guys who ended up being really good in the nba didn't dominate the euro league. and gigi datome, who won italian league mvp, is garbage in the nba. look at the young players per 36 numbers and they'll be respectable.

And I didn't say the competition in europe was better. I said it was probably about equal. which is the same thing you said. and if it's about equal, why's it matter? that's my point. The odds of a guy being an all star caliber player from overseas and one from the US are about the same.

Plus because all we have access to for euro guys is random youtube clips we feel like there's no information out there, but people involved with NBA teams who do this for a living go to europe and scout the players in person. and they're a lot better at scouting than any of us are.

9. Similar to Wade perhaps, I think the whole Butler thing is just his agent trying to create leverage. You use a big market team with loads of cash to do that, that's why you're seeing the Lakers and Knicks come up so much even though they're a black hole for a player right now.

Prepare to see a lot more of that this free agency.

10. Deandre wants to sign a deal for 3 years with a player option for the 4th year. Clips want to sign him for a 5 year deal, but Jordan has said that he wants to be more involved in the offense. Geez, so a guy with no real post move and a horrible FT shooter does not want to be a 3rd wheel behind Griffin and Paul. Lol..laughable. Deandre, you are a beast but to run the offense thru you is rediculous.

So glad the Warriors love playing with one another and there's a real collective team effort..a real belief in the Strength in Numbers game. No egos, no problems...a coach's dream.

11. I thought deandre was content with catching lobs from cp3 and stuffing people.

Honestly don't think its long till the clippers hit the finals, especially if they get the truth

12. Man oh man if the Lakers land both Jordan and Aldridge. Holy smokes

13. #60293 JetxLife86, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Kawhi Leonard signs $90 mill deal...smart move.

Anthony Davis extension..5 year $140 mill. Oh lawd

14. Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA
    Lakers didn't make strong impression in Aldridge meeting, sources say. Spurs can close on him. LMA expected to make decision fairly soon.

15. Looks like Butler is getting a 5yr deal with Bulls.

16. So love signs a 110m deal with cavs and thompson is close to a deal over 80m in cleveland. Wtf?

17. I knew butler wasn't going anywhere.

Demarre Carroll to the raptors

Danny green staying in SA

and my favorite part of all... contract negotiations between Draymond and GS just broke down and he's now listening to offers from other teams.

Granted, GS could still match whatever he gets, but obviously if negotiations broke down that means they probably don't want to give him the max, and I bet there's another team out there who does.

18. Did Aldridge sign with Suns? Wtf lol.

19. tyson chandler did. aldridge is meeting with them

20. #60300 TimothyTheFirst, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    pistons just offered draymond 5 years / 90 mil

edit: nevermind that was a stupid fake account on twitter that said that