Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Late Response...

Rajon Rondo '08-'09
    12 PPG 8.2 APG 5.2 RPG

Derek Fisher '08-'08
    9.9 PPG 3.2 APG 2.3 RPG

?????????

2. PS Who watched the Celtics smoke the Cavs with Ray Allen and KG sitting? Not to mention Paul Pierce only played like 16 mins.

Just Sayin' :smoking:

3. You said rondo is one of the best pg's in the league and you're comparing him to fisher, who is not one of the best pg's in the league. CP3 and D Williams are the top of the heap and rondo isn't on their level.

4. lakers are my TEAM but i dont see them going back to back, kobe is falling off a lil bit.
    the torch has been passed... KING JAMES AND THE CAVS TAKING IT THIS YEAR

5. No team in basketball has a better name than the BLAZERS! *woot*

6. Good win for the Celtics over the Cavs tonight, i thought KG looked pretty decent.

7. yeah, KG looked good... did anyone see the lakers struggle against the clippers for awhile? good sign!

back on the subject of PG's on the previous page

Rondo is one of the best in the league, I dont see anybody rebound like this kid does, he straight gets UP... and he steals the ball QUIET often. not to mention is incredable speed \ strength. he single handedly helped us beat the bulls last season w/ tripple doubles. He may not have the best shot... but the kids gonna be real, real good.

8. Never really watched basketball until the Magic started kicking ass. Go magic!

9. LeBron just lets people get by him so he can humiliate them with a block off the backboard.

Oh yeah, Lakers will repeat... sadly.

I want to see my boy Derrick Rose healthy and bring the Bulls back into the playoffs! :hello:

10. Please dude we didn't have Gasol, Artest looked nervous and the bench didn't play particularly well. At full strength thats a 20 point win.

And again Rondo is an above average pg but he is not elite. He's above average in rebounds and steals but he posts average numbers in pretty much everything else. His assists were up last year but the main thing is he makes boneheaded mistakes and CANT SHOOT. Off the dribble he can score but pulling up for a 15-17 footer (which a good pg must be able to hit) he bricks shots all night. You cant compare him to cp3 and d williams who average 13+ asp and are better scorers. I would venture to say that derrick rose is a better pg cause he just has more raw talent. Rondo is a great player just nothing special.

11. calm the fuck down? I never compared him to cp3 and d-williams I said he is a top PG in the league.. which could mean top 10? His play style is totally different then any PG in the league.

It dont matter if you guys didn't have gasol.. its the fucking clippers man.
    and did I forget... THEY DIDN'T HAVE THERE BEST PLAYER BLAKE FUCKING GRIFFIN

We'll see if bad legs bynum can hold up for a whole season.. ya'll might need DJ MBENGA... WHAT A BENCH!

12. dude if bynum goes out then theyll probably just pau to center and then have odom start at power forward. either way, the lakers are fuckin beast. i dont know if i would call blake griffin the clippers best player either, more like baron davis (when he actually wants to play), or chris kaman, or even eric gordon who has been dropping buckets.

all im saying is that theres a reason theyre the favorites to repeat, not just as conference champs, but as nba champs

13. I never denied there chance to repeat, they are deep in there starting 5 w/ odom on the bench but where does it go from there? we lost KG to an injury last year.. how do you know that wont happen to kobe or bad legs bynum? YOU just dont...

either way, I believe its the celtics or the magic in the east
    and the lakers or san antonio in the west..

/insert ebonix
    them c's got that swag boi, be CURRFULL :smoke:

14. Where in my post did it seem like i wasn't calm? You're the one with the excessive use of caps and exclamation points dude so maybe you oughta calm down. Blake Griffin is there best player and he hasn't played a single NBA game? How does that work? The clippers are the clippers but they're still an NBA team and they have talent and it was the first game of the season so chill.

LOL a Boston fan talking shit about our bench? We won a championship with the help of our bench. You guys won it on the backs of the starters and maybe 1 or 2 bench players. Youre bench is pathetic with the exception of sheed and maybe house. Please dude you honestly are starting to sound like a typical dime a dozen Laker hater. Dont hate cause your squad is old as dirt.

15. Oh and KG has just as good a chance at getting injured as Bynum does. The possibility of injury is a pretty weak argument as to why our team isn't good. And coming from a Boston fan its just idiotic you geezers get hurt more than anyone.

16. example: big baby davis lmao

17. Melo dunk on Millsap was bananas haha. :hello:

18. last year we made a hell of a run without KG.. lets just say I think we'd of beaten the lakers in the finals if his injury had never happend.. hind sight being 20-20... thats my opinion and I'm allowed to have it.

GO C'S! Go Spurs in the west!

19. Did you see those "old" guys make the Bobcats look like a high school team last night?