Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qa8EppR36pU

[​IMG]

2. #59362 Fresh Error, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    honestly, i think the public perception of Thibs, especially amongst FOs, is probably a lot more conservative and aware of his weaknesses than it was as short as 2 years ago.

regardless of who's more at fault between the Bulls FO and Thibs.. facts remain true about his shortcomings as a coach.. and they are pretty convincing the deeper you delve into them.  the public awareness of that is higher than ever at this particular moment because of the parting message that Reinsdorf released which heavily criticized Thibs in a passive-aggressive manner.

unfortunately, that parting message doubles as another link to draw between the Bulls front office and issues with their coaches.

i side with FO, honestly.  yes, there have been some coach/management relationship issues and some drama over the years.  but there's almost always been good reason for it.  i don't really think this time is any different.

i'll always love Thibs for these 5 memorable years of basketball that he brought to Chicago and for helping develop a culture that our FO wanted to create.  and i'll honestly cheer for him wherever he goes because he's the man and he deserves success with how much dedication he puts into his craft.  but as a Bulls fan, i'm ready for a new coach.  hopefully i won't be eating my words when round 1 starts next year.  but realistically i don't expect a super smooth transition.

either way i just hope to enjoy watching a healthy DRose build on his health, a budding Jimmy Butler pick up where he left off after an allstar season (and play less minutes), Nikola Mirotic's sophomore season, Snell's 3rd season and McDermott's 2nd season. and seeing something new and interesting for a change.  Thibs basketball is kind of boring and oldschool in a lot of ways.. and i loved every minute of it until that Wizards series last year when i started to become acutely aware of terrible coaching decisions that i couldn't figure out how to justify.

to conclude this post....

feels:
    [​IMG]

god damnit boys i fucking love the Chicago Bulls.  hopefully this post wasn't too homeristic.

3. Looks like its Pelicans or a year off for thibadeau. Magic r hiring Scott skiles according to a source.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Lmaooooo I love that picture

My mad MS Paint skillz

6. I just noticed curry at the bottom lmfao a thousand standing ovations to you and your first born child.

7. Klay's out indefinitely

8. All that talk about the Klay for Love trade in the offseason and they both make it to the Finals... injured.

9. #59369 JaySteele, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    What you think of people comparing it to when the Bulls' FO drove Phil Jackson out in a similar manner

10. Do players really miss extended time with concussions?  Considering it's still a week before the Finals even starts

11. #59371 Ryan Donnelly, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    Considering concussions can be life threatening and affect you the rest of your life, I'd say yes

You don't fuck around with concussions

12. I was more looking for the average time players miss with concussions

13. #59373 Ryan Donnelly, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    I've seen players miss months due to concussions

The problem is when they become recurring which can happen if you play with one. Then your career gets fucked

14. Damnn that's crazy.

What's also crazy is that I would of predicted Curry got a concussion way before I would of ever thought Klay did

15. Yeah but most of currys fall went to his back. By the time his head hit the floor, most of the force was gone. Klay caught an unfortunate knee directly to the temple. I'm surprised he didn't go limp like artest did harden

16. Yoooo that kick was bruuuutallll. Like I was watching Ong Bak or some shit lol and he was bleeding from his ear after he came back from the locker room the first time.

Crazy. I think Dray is really gonna have to put his ego aside for this game. Every possession count and focus, timing and precision on D to guard Lebron is really going to make or break their finals run.

Bench is gonna have to fire off on all cylinders , especially on D because It's a bunch of big boys down in the paint.

17. Cant even believe the Warriors made it, doesnt even seem real yet.

The Klay thing is a bummer. It could take days for him to recover, weeks, or even months. We really need him out there so hopefully its "days". Only time will tell.

18. i think that the situations are too different to compare and that Thibs was as responsible as the FO for how this turned out.  the PJax shit was petty as fuck and it was also when Jerry Kraus was GM.

i also have a lot of criticisms of how Thibs coached our team the last two seasons and he started to lose the benefit of my doubt.

19. I still think thibs is a really good coach, and he'll do well wherever he goes.

but it got to a point where he just wasn't able to work past his flaws with the bulls, and the players need a new voice in the locker room.  basically, it's just that time.

20. Hoiberg expected to be named Chicago head coach