Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

the ball is probably sweaty as fuck too

2. I think partly its bc they don't look at the ball. So if it takes a bad bounce or odd angle at them they r looking to see if they have a shot or a pass then fuck up the catch or handle and can't do shit

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Damn, 42 mins for Rose and 46 for Butler. One of these days Thibs is going to go down for attempted murder. It's as if he doesn't realize how great of a bench he has.

Got to credit the Bucks and coach Kidd. There's a lot of fight in this team. It's crazy to imagine what they would be if Parker didn't tear his ACL and Sanders didn't quit basketball.

If Bulls get dragged to a game 7 that'll be ridiculous. I was thinking they would definitely have the advantage against CLE with the Love injury and Smith suspension, but damn they're looking terrible lately. Rose 0-7 from 3. One minute he's aggressive and putting up great numbers, the next he wants to be a jump shooter... A terrible one.

4. #58184 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    part of it is that if you're spotted up you should already have your feet set and squared up to shoot, it's just a matter of catching the ball at your chest and shooting.  so I think guys try to keep their body squared up while they catch the ball and if it's a bad pass it's hard to catch while keeping your feet set.

5. Still not sure what to make of the Hawks. They haven't looked dominant at all against the Nets, and are actually the 2nd to worst offensive team in the playoffs at the moment. It's not that their offense isn't flowing, they just aren't making shots. With the way the Wizards are playing they could be in trouble if they even get to the next round. They really need to step it up now. Definitely not impressed.

6. #58186 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 28, 2015
    my bracket would be done for since i picked them to win it all...

maybe it's just me, but i think the blazers might become the first team to ever come back from 3-0.  if mike conley misses the rest of the series that's huge.

7. I was thinking that too. Even if griz advance that's a easy series win for gs (I believe that's who they play next)

8. Depends how long Conley is out. He could return next round. Sucks thought cause I wanted GS to have some real competition

9. #58189 Fresh Error, Apr 28, 2015
    Rose shooting jumpers hasn't been his fault the last two games.  nor has his lack of looking aggressive like he did in games 1-3.  they are packing the fuck out of the paint and neither he nor Butler can get to the rim.  they combined for 10-42 shooting last night and there's no shot we win when they both are that inefficient.

our bench also was not performing very well last night and our shooters weren't knocking down their shots to keep the floor spaced.  just an all around terrible game by the Bulls.. and a lot of it is on Thibs for not keeping the lineup in motion trying to find a combination that worked.  Rose starts jacking desperation 3s because nobody can get anything going offensively and he can't get into the paint.  doesn't help that to me his jumper looks like his legs got tired after playing a lot of minutes this series.

when Jo and Pau are in the lineup with Rose and Butler it allows them to crowd the paint even more and their strategy is not being countered well enough by our coach.  i love Thibs and i always will for the things he's done for this team but for fuck sake man.. get your shit together and make some lineup changes.

Rose Jimmy Snell Mirotic Taj would be my ideal starting lineup next game.  put Jimmy on MCW, put Snell on Giannis, 4 out of the 5 in the lineup can knock down the 3 and Taj can knock down the 8-10 footer.  practice over the next few games is making sure guys know where their spots are to keep their defenders from helping easily in the paint.

if you open up driving lanes for Rose and Butler the Bulls win easily.. its that simple.  their offense isnt potent enough to have to worry all that much about defense.  Rose did a good job on MCW but he was finishing well regardless yesterday and if that happens again you need Jimmy on him to remove that matchup advantage because Rose is a solid 4 inches shorter.

if i don't see Thibs trying to make it easier for Rose and Butler to drive in game 6, i'm going to seriously start wondering if i want him back next year.

all this being said.. don't underestimate the Bucks, man.  despite how terrible we've looked the last two games, that Cavs series is going to be a completely different game and i don't think these struggles are a very accurate indicator of anything we'll see in that series.

10. #58190 JetxLife86, Apr 28, 2015
    The Bucks defense is legit. They have length and size and if they arent blocking shots, they are contesting. Would be interesting if that series goes 7..

I think of game 5 wins the series for Clippers vs Spurs. Gonna be good to see how Spurs respond to that home loss..when CP3 scores at will like that, Clippers are a different beast.

11. this game 5 tonight is easily the most important game of the playoffs so far.

that said, i wouldnt put it past the Clippers or Spurs to bounce back and win two straight after a loss tonight.

12. Love likely out rest of playoffs now. That's a significant blow to their championship run.

Bucks are my soft spot team.  They've been building a team just how I've always wanted to, with a bunch of gangly athletic freaks playing defense with a bunch of switches.  It allows anyone to guard anyone and double teams and help defense are abundant.  The only thing they're missing is instant offense (Middleton needs someone to create for him), but Jabari will be back next year for that.  I actually had the Bucks taking the Bulls to 7 on my bracket, though now I do think Bulls end it next game cause I think they'll come out mad.

I don't think Kelly Olynyk meant to hurt Love, but it's clear he meant to pull his arm.  I'm not really mad at Olynyk cause if you look around the league practically everyone does it.. I watch Bogut do this multiple times a game, the only difference is he does a quick pull whereas Olynyk just kept tugging.  

JR Smith on the other hand, fuck that guy.  He's a multiple repeat offender who clearly has intent on a lot of his dirty plays.  Just youtube him and there's a bunch of shit he's done.. He needs an Artest length suspension tbh.  He's probably my most hated player  at this point.

14. I wish that Portland series had ended.

15. I'd say JR is the second dirtiest player behind wade

16. god damn Sefalosha is lucky as fuck that elbow swing missed him.. that shit coulda hospitalized him..

17. #58198 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    the way the bucks built their team reminds me of when I used to take the worst team on 2k, trade all their players for draft picks and then just simulate until the draft.

and then since it was a video game i just picked all the most athletic players 

also, this just happened https://twitter.com/WRBolen/status/593273901234270208

reggie miller has to be one of the worst announcers man...  one thing not just him, but a lot of commentators/writers do, I hate when a team has a great coach like popovich, and they talk like that team is only good because of the coach.  Miller just said "most of the spurs would be 11th or 12th man off the bench on other teams"...  I'm not buying that.  They're not a bunch of scrubs who popovich hits with a magic touch, they may not be stars but those dudes can hoop.

18. Reggie also didn't know what people were referring to the refs sucking during their chant. He was also surprised Duncan beat Glen Davis on the break as if Big baby could outrun a single player in the nba

19. Yea ppl say Tim Duncan is the best pf ever.