Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Mehh, really worst things to complain about than having a team need to get one more win in a series... Not like you have to watch it either lol

2. Yeah but last year it started good and gradually got worse, until we eventually got to the most lopsided finals ever to cap it off. I think it'll be the opposite this year.

2nd round we could be looking at: Cavs vs Bulls, Hawks vs Wizards, Memphis vs GS, Clips/Spurs vs HOU

Some really good matchups

3. This whole first round has been so lopsided. As far as im concerned the playoffs dont start till the next round. This round just weeded out the teams that had no business being there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Im not complaining about a sweep though hahah. Suck it u cocky toronto fucks

5. Why does TNT pretend that "hero ball" is a positive thing, when everyone uses it to criticize selfish play?

6. how long before Drake is in the Wizards locker room posing with John Wall after the sweep?

7. #58147 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    the wizards have dominated and if you're not a fan of them you'd rather just see close games.

@jaysteele yeah i realize that, I'm just looking forward to the second round lol

and yeah that hero ball ad campaign is really stupid lol.  especially since most good teams emphasize the opposite of hero ball.

8. Nice first round sweep for the Wizards.

Hope the Grizzlies sweep the blazers.

9. because fans love hero ball and also love to criticize everything and everyone like they're experts which means that they even criticize shit they like watching :laughing:

10. #58150 tetoleetd, Apr 27, 2015
    they are trying to change the perception of what hero ball means. its a marketing ploy to try and shed the NBA in a more positive light.

a lot of people dont watch the NBA regularly and only tune in during the playoffs, so thats why they are doing it right now. a lot of casual fans who dont follow the NBA closely have the notion that the NBA is just a bunch of selfish players who chuck up shots and dont play defense. i know many people who are like this. they watch college basketball and follow it closely, but when you ask them about the NBA they say "they dont play any defense" or "yeah they just run up and down the floor and take stupid shots" or "its not team basketball". they are targeting that audience and trying to change their perception of what NBA basketball is.

i live in an area that doesnt have any professional sports teams, but it has a very popular college basketball team. its amazing how many people around here are diehard fans of the college basketball team, but are so quick to denounce the NBA.

11. Funny thing is college basketball is more boring than NBA. Much wider talent gap, obviously.

12. college needs the nba 3 pt line, shorter shot clock, and to quit rewarding flopping.

13. #58153 Fresh Error, Apr 27, 2015
    the 3pt line is a joke.  i could shoot an NBA three when i was 16 with no problem.  these college guys are perfectly capable.  as for the shotclock.. 35seconds is a fucking eternity.  i have trouble watching college basketball now because of these things.

not to mention i just think it makes the drafts weaker because these guys have to come into the NBA and the shooters have to find a new range and the guys who run the offense have to adapt to having 11 less seconds to get their teams sets in motion.

14. Love out for the semis

15. i am personally a huge fan of college basketball as well as the NBA. i like the slight difference between the two. the only thing i would change about college ball is the shot clock. even if they just shave 5 seconds off it.

college basketball is definitely a more team oriented game than the NBA. its a very different style of play. i guess its kind of like euro basketball.

16. and Conley to miss a 2+ weeks after surgery...

some unfortunate injuries man.

17. lol @ the fool on NBATV talking about "I hope J.R. Smith doesn't get suspended, we don't even know if he really hit him"

[​IMG]

18. #58158 Fresh Error, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    college basketball will become a less "team oriented game" than it is right now if they shave time off the clock for the simple fact that there won't be as much time to pass the ball around looking for an ideal shot or driving lane.

i don't even really agree that it's more team oriented to be honest.  NBA defense is about as reliant on teamwork and communication as anything in basketball could be.  and more and more organizations and coaches are starting to be privy to the reality that the better teams usually have a high% of assisted fieldgoals.

19. college basketball will always be more team oriented due to the fact that 99% of college teams dont have a star player who they can iso and run the offense through on a consistent basis.

the pure talent and skill of NBA players lends it to being a little less team oriented by nature.

20. Did bulls cheer mcw injury? I wasn't listening. Their quiet as fuck now. They're only down 6. Chant defense. As I typed that they finally started. What a coincidence

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app