Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

im pretty sure he said the same shit after that shot though ahha

lowry is too damn overrated..he was a steal for me in fantasy though so i cant hate him too much lol

2. To be honest, Lowry was playing like a top 5 PG in the first half of the season, but he's really fallen back down to Earth since the All-star break.  Now he's looking like the worst PG in the playoffs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. #58063 JaySteele, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
    I love seeing Dwight Howard and James Harden, two of the most hated players, shoveling dirt on the Mavs.

Why no mention of playoff D-12 ? Dude had 26 boards tonight and has been unstoppable this series

Good job good effort Mavs but this shit is a wrap, eat crow Cuban

[​IMG]

4. #58064 Fresh Error, Apr 25, 2015
    Mavs got fucked this postseason by the Rondo situation and Parsons injury.  even Josh Smith is ballin out on the Mavs lol

5. Yeah everyone seems to be only pointing to the Mavs troubles as to why HOU is winning.

HOU is without Beverly and Monte due to injury. Two guys with arguably a bigger impact than what Parsons has brought. He's actually been a bit of a disappointment all year, never living up to that contract.

Rondo has been trouble since before the postseason, Mavs just hoped he would turn into playoff Rondo and all their chemistry problems would go away. But the writing was on the wall wayyy before we got here.

6. #58066 Fresh Error, Apr 25, 2015
    Parsons has really been a glue guy for that starting unit though.  his numbers this season weren't worthy of his contract but his contributions to the team were substantial.  and yeah.  Rondo was a huge mistake for this Mavs team and i kind of had a feeling when the trade was executed.

and i'm not taking anything away from what Houston is doing or what theyre capable of.. but i do think this Mavs team is playing pretty shitty right now.  they have been demoralized this whole series by the Rondo shit and Parsons being out and then not being able to overcome it just piled on.

if i were Dirk i'd be holding my teammates family members at ransom until they paid me the money that i gave up on my contract.  :laughing:

7. #58067 JaySteele, Apr 25, 2015
    Honestly the only team right now that could reasonably blame their misfortunes on injuries is Portland.

Parson's numbers have been down is all you need to know.  He was brought in for the sole purpose of being a lethal de facto on offense.  Not sure how his impact has been "substantial" if the primary reason he was overpaid has been disappointing.

The actual reason the Mavs are down 0-3 right now is because of their shitty defense and HOU being able to fully take advantage.  As evident by the 130 - 128 score, Mavs aren't having much trouble putting the ball in the basket so Parson's offensive impact isn't the end all be all.  Just like I said when the Mavs put that roster together in the offseason, that defense will struggle.

Rondo doesn't care enough to guard anyone, Monta can't guard anyone, Parsons can't guard anyone, Dirk sure as hell can't guard anyone.  It's been leaving Chandler down there to fend for himself.  Game 2 J Smooth was tossing the ball at the basket for easy ally-oops cause he kept beating his defender on the perimeter and leaving Chandler in the worst positions.  

Not buying the whole "Rondo has demoralized the team"  excuse either.  The Rondo fallout should of been most evident in game 3 if that was the case, and it certainly didn't seem that way considering the Mavs put up a great fight and only lost by 2.  They actually looked the best last night with Rondo completely sidelined.  Definitely not sure how you could make that observation by their play on the court.

Great read on Rondo.  He's basically always had attitude problems and clashed with coaches and those around him. 

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12587848/old-questions-surface-new-dallas-mavericks-point-guard-rajon-rondo

8. Harden, Wall, Leonard, and Curry make these playoffs so dam fun!!!

9. Pierce too^^^

I love playoff time, hoop everyday almost. Hope Warriors close it out tonite so my monday night is open

10. #58070 Crony, Apr 25, 2015
    Kawhi just had his best game of his career last night.

Damn that was fun to watch. 

Too bad Tony is struggling lately, I'd feel a lot more confident if he was playing up to par, but we're in good shape for now. 

also Happy Bday to the ageless big fundamental. What he's been doing, on a consistent basis over the past 18 seasons is nothing but greatness. It's been fun to watch this guy throughout his career. 

I remember staying up late at night with my bro watching the Spurs and the "Towers" win their first championship in '99 against the Knicks. That's what really got me into the Spurs, and I never thought 15 years later, I'd still be watching him play in All-Star games and back to back finals appearances.

11. Lets go nets

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. kawhi + kareem + jordan are the only players to get an nba championship, finals mvp, and defensive player of the year.  saw that on espn yesterday.  pretty crazy too since kawhi is only 23.

13. The Bulls need to get their heads right. This entire series they've had way too many turnovers and they already have 13 this game. Won't beat the Cavs playing like this.

14. #58074 Fresh Error, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    this Bulls game is absolutely horrible to watch.  [​IMG]

but James Ryan, to be fair, the Bucks are one of the better defensive teams in the NBA and are very long.  the Bulls have needed to cut down on TOs all season long, but this game is just ridiculous.  trying to set a record or something.  lol.

the Bucks remind me of a younger, more athletic version of the Bulls the last two years.  shit offense but chippy frustrating hounding defense.

15. he's getting buckets..

16. it's nothing short of miraculous that the bulls are actually tied up 50-50 at the half after the way they played.

thankyou Jimmy.

17. Who would you guys take between Thompson and Butler? Both of their stats are about as close as it gets even if you try to go by that.
    LeBron really should of had that award a couple years ago.

18. Those Jamie Foxx commercials are annoying as fuck.

19. I feel like I'm being force fed so much Curry.

20. This Bulls game is fantastic