Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Gobert got him back later though. How often do you see that? Dude wasn't fazed in the slightest. Had Wiggins on the floor haha

Noels block on Hill last night was even better. Dickhead ref called a foul, Hill bricked both. Ball doesn't lie.

2. im gonna be honest.. i did not tune in to the Jazz/Wolves game.  seemed like there were better things to do :laughing:

although realtalk, the Jazz, and i've been saying this for like two years now, look like they could start making some noise in the next couple years.  they are young as fuck and have a lot of talent.

3. Yup Sixers vs Jazz 2020 NBA Finals

4. Lol nobody was scared of Rose pre-injury, so not sure why we should be now.

If he gets it together in time for the playoffs and plays not MVP caliber ball, but at least All Star, then that'll truly be something. But I ain't holding my breath.

5. Just once I'd like to run into someone on 2k who I can respect. Someone who doesn't full court press the entire game.

Its bad enough that the game lags 60% of the time...gotta deal with bullshit from my opponent

6. dude, i was just messing around.

but to say nobody was scared of Rose is a little bit completely false.  defenses still had to respect him the same way they did his MVP year.

7. #57527 JaySteele, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    That's laughable. He wasn't attacking the rim with reckless abandonment like that MVP year.

He has settled for that jump shot a lot more. Shooting a career high 6 threes a game despite shooting an abysmal 29% from there

8. #57528 Fresh Error, Mar 31, 2015
    that's beside my point

he was still equally capable of getting to the rim and putting up points in the paint when he wanted to.  so defenses had to respect him the same way they did his MVP season because whenever he decided that's what he wanted to do, they had to be ready for it.

i watched almost every bulls game this year dude.  Derrick Rose can still collapse a defense whenever he wants to.

9. 6th seeded rockets move over. 8th seed Celtics will be the new lowest seed to win the championship. :D

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I don't care how many games you watched dude.

You're crazy if you think defenses were planning for Rose like that MVP year. How could they when so often he was settling for 3s ? I doubt Rose even drew any doubles this season.

I'm not saying the defenses had no respect for him whatsoever, but to say they did as comparable to 2010-2011 is straight comedy.

11. #57531 Fresh Error, Mar 31, 2015
    you're clearly misunderstanding my point.

if you play competitive basketball, and you play against a team that has a player that can get to the rim at will and finish through contact and traffic, then it doesn't matter how aggressive he's being.  you still have to guard him as a team as if he's going to attack on every possession, otherwise he actually will attack on every possession.

the reason he settled for so many threes is that guys still drop off of him out on the perimeter  and try to crowd the paint because the last thing they want him doing is driving to the basket.  also obviously because a Derrick Rose 3 isn't an efficient shot for the Bulls.

i'm not saying that defenses have been waxed by Rose the same way they were in his MVP season.  i'm saying they have to gameplan for him the same exact way. 

and speaking of things that are laughable.. you saying "I doubt Rose even drew any doubles this season" is pretty hilarious.

12. If your point is simply that defenses have to be aware Rose is capable of attacking the rim, as he used to, in spurts then sure I guess.  Pretty much in the same way defenses need to be aware JR Smith is capable of attacking the rim

Defenses have always packed the paint against Rose simply because driving has always been his best asset.  The difference is that now, whether due to physical or mental deficiencies, he's willing to settle with that look instead of playing to his greatest strength.    

During that MVP season Rose was the key cog in everything the Bulls did and was practically the epitome of the team's success.  At this point he isn't even all-star caliber, and the teams around the league know it.  So no he doesn't usher the same level of respect he once did.

lol yeah maybe he has drawn doubles once or twice.  Dude has only had all of three 30 point games this season.  Hardly dominating.

13. #57533 Fresh Error, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    we'll see how DRose looks in the playoffs.
    it will be interesting.  i've suspected all season that he's been playing reserved because he wants to ensure he makes it to the postseason.  here and there he'd pick a game to look as aggressive as ever.  luckily despite another bump in the road it looks like he'll be on the court when it counts for the first time in 3 postseasons.

i never claimed he was dominating, but if you've watched most Bulls games you'd know that he still draws doubles on a regular basis and that despite not having many 30pt games or having an allstar caliber season.. defenses still play him like he's an allstar.

seriously man at a certain point you just have to concede that you haven't watched nearly enough Bulls to have formulated as thorough of an opinion of Rose as me.

14. God damn you type fast

Fresh sometimes you don't notice how much you're a homer, like those irksome announcers you got, so I gotta set you straight.  I don't think we'll ever seen Rose consistently dominate games like before.  Not as long as he's content jacking up 3s at a 29% clip.

but yeah I concede on this one

[​IMG]

15. #57535 Fresh Error, Apr 1, 2015
    i think sometimes you think i'm a way bigger homer than i am. 

[​IMG]

its my team, so of course i take an optimistic approach generally.. thats what makes being a fan fun.  but i'm pretty realistic in my optimism and i generally don't make ridiculous predictions or have blinders on.

of course i love DRose and always will so it's a tough subject not to be biased on.. but i'm pretty sure in this situation i'd hold the same opinions if i wasn't a Bulls fan.  cuz DRose would probably still be one of my favorite players.  that boy is just so damn fun to watch when he's playing well.

but anyway, to change the subject, how has Dragic looked with the Heat?  i've only watched one or two Heat games since he joined your squad, and he's on my fantasy team and his numbers have been kind of up and down.. but never bad.

16. #57536 JaySteele, Apr 1, 2015
    I'm a big ass homer so don't feel too bad.  In my eyes the Heat will sweep the Cleveland LeBrons in the first round, Wade will storm back into Chicago like he's back playing at the local park, the Heat gonna make the Hawks look like tweety bird, and whoever wants it out West could get it

Oh and Wade will get a statue in Miami resembling this

[​IMG]

17. #57537 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 1, 2015
    still maintain that d roses 2010-2011 season was still the most fun I've ever had watching an individual basketball player.  he wasn't just putting up really good numbers, he was closing out games like nobody's business.

I was in 3rd grade when MJ retired so I don't really count that, and even when kobe was putting up crazy scoring numbers in the mid-late 2000s I wasn't staying up til 2 in the am watching the lakers in middle school lol.

not saying that was the most fun player for anybody to watch ever, but personally I followed that season (and the ones before/after it) really closely.

18. #57538 Fresh Error, Apr 1, 2015
    the 4th quarter heroics were just beautiful.  i always think of this particular game.. still gets me so fuckin hype.  the moves he pulled to finish the comeback and take the lead were just so fucking sick.  and of course you get Mike Dunleavy when he was on the Pacers in the background at 4:43 in awe of Derrick [​IMG]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4f4c4_kHx8

watching shit like this makes me so sad he had to suffer these injury setbacks.. who the fuck knows what he'd be doing now if he'd been healthy the last 3 years.

19. Larry did not look too pleased in the stands :laughing:

20. #57540 JetxLife86, Apr 1, 2015