Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #57501 Fresh Error, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    dudeindistress needs to hit this thread up more.. he's in the semifinals against me and our matchup is going down to the wire.

i got 10 guys playing tomorrow he's got 8.. i'm up 5-4 but there are 3-4 categories that cooooould see swings depending on how our teams perform tomorrow.

ima be bitin my nails all day watchin.  i wanna win so bad too cuz i know PG is juuuuuust about to come back and i been stashing him this entire time on IR lol.  would be epic if i made the finals and dude came back for the matchup and actually put up decent numbers

2. #57502 JetxLife86, Mar 29, 2015
    Kerr for Coach of the Year
    Draymond Green for defensive player of the year
    Steph Curry for MVP

Best team throughout the entire year has to deserve some accolades.

When people argue that Harden should win, I factor the Warriors won all 4 games this season head to head. Curry also played very well in those 4 games while Harden had one great game scoring, but was covered up well by Thompson the other games.

3. apparently they deserve all accolades.  :laughing:

4. When you reach 60 wins in the West and blow teams away by double digit margins, it makes sense.

Curry is the offensive force. Green can cover all 5 positions. Kerr lead this team to a franchise # of wins in a season.

5. #57505 Fresh Error, Mar 29, 2015
    yes, but Harden is absolutely BALLIN as of late and making his case even more compelling and the rockets have been dealing with injuries all season and have literally been carried through stretches of their season by him, and are going to finish the season with probably around 55 wins if i had to guess.  they have a tough final stretch comin up though.

Curry has had a fantastic season, and has definitely been the biggest key to GSW's success, but without Harden, the Rockets would be nowhere this season.

Green is a fantastic defender but the Warriors also have Klay and Bogut anchoring their defense and a very athletic and quick roster from top to bottom so the team defense is fantastic.  then you got guys like DJ, Kawhi, Tony Allen and others in the conversation too.

as for COTY, based on your argument, i could make the same about Bud and the Hawks.  they just clinched the first seed in the east and the Dubs had a proven roster when Kerr came to them while the Hawks werent projected to be anywhere close to this good this season.

my point here is, it certainly isnt just a given that your guys should win those awards.  its definitely feasible to think that they could, though.

6. Yup, these damn Warrior fans want it ALL

7. Budenholzer should definitely be coach of the year imo.  Kerr took a team that was already pretty good, that people expected to be good, and just made them better

Bud took a team that most people projected 6 seed or lower in the east and turned them into the best team in the conference.

8. shiiiit looks like me n Ryan Donnelly are goin to the finals.. and judged by the numbers from the semifinal matchups, it should be a good one

9. #57509 Ryan Donnelly, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015

should be a good ass matchup for sure. i can already see PG comin back and balling the fuck out lmao..i need lowry back soon

10. damn.  Sager's leukemia is back.

that hits me kinda hard man.. i remember watching those videos about his story and what he went through and his son donating marrow for a transplant and shit..

keep fightin the good fight Craig

11. just saw that right now and just got floored...it's weird to think that all we know is his public persona (until recently) but we all KNOW he deserves better than this without a doubt

Godspeed Sager.

12. i love and respect the guys on here....but they find it impossible to take the blinders off their team after their success this season. They cannot see that ATL, HOU, etc..have done at least equally impressive shit. They only need to put it into context

13. Memphis is really letting me down man..

14. #57514 JetxLife86, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    The West has more quality teams than the East. Hence, getting 60 wins in the west where 10 teams are over .500 compared to the East. For Christ's sakes, we have a 6-8 seed in the east with a below .500 record. Now look at the west and there will be 2 teams over .500 not going to make the playoffs.

Can you honestly say before the season started that the Warriors would lead the west by this margin and be this dominant offensively and defensively?!

15. like i said, im not taking away from any of the accomplishments the dubs have achieved this regular season, but other teams have accomplished similarly impressive feats given different circumstances.

on another note, DRose participated in full contact practice today. look out nba..

mah Bulls are gettin healthy and comin for your asses.

16. Warriors are the greatest team ever assembled, f*ck the playoffs just crown their asses.  

Matter of fact, give them the next 5 rings

17. I'm really interested in seeing how he plays when he gets back.

when he had the more serious injuries and missed entire seasons he was obviously going to need a lot of time to get back into form, but this time he played at least a good portion of the season and was really hitting his stride before this and missing a month.

plus we've seen guys come back from the same injury and not really take too long to get right.  so if he plays how he was in the few weeks prior to the injury, it's looking good for the bulls.

18. #57519 Fresh Error, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    i dont want to be too optimistic, because everybody's different..

but if neither Rose nor the Bulls knew when the tear occurred (Rose thinks it might have happened in the OT against Golden State).. it could have been bothering him for months and actually impeding his progress and play.

he's pain free now and says that the discomfort is no longer there.. so he may actually feel healthier now than he has in months.

19. That Wiggins dunk on gobert.... all in his face