Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. And I think all jet life was trying to say was curry's skyrocketing popularity is just part of the proof of how far his game has come. Not that him starting over Paul exactly means anything besides that he's been playing better
    cp3 is my favorite player in the league but curry has definitely been deserving of first team NBA this year.
    Paul is hopefully 2nd team but 3rd makes sense too to an extent

2. #56302 JaySteele, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Snubs are inevitable when there's only 24 spots available.  

But generally I'd say most guys deserve it, and you can usually determine that guys with many appearances are HOF caliber.  

Now of course I wouldn't use only all-star appearances to determine HOF eligibility.  But it's hard to find a guy with 8+ appearances who you can say is undeserving. 

3. look Lebron is a scrub okay thats all im trying to say

4. #56304 TimothyTheFirst, Jan 29, 2015
    I'm pretty sure yao ming got voted into the all star game after he retired lol, fan voting doesn't mean shit.

matter of fact magic johnson got voted into the all star game when he had aids.

5. I know this.  He's lucky Mario Chalmers carried him to 4 straight finals appearances.  If not we would still be hearing ringless jokes

6. well i mean Magic wouldve easily been worthy of an allstar appearance if it wasnt for the HIV

that was a weird scenario.

7. Went from losing 1-8 yesterday to being up 7-2 today my guys played well tonight

8. but it's not like he had an all star worthy season that year, considering he wasn't playing...

I don't feel like looking up what other PGs had really good seasons that year but I'd be fucking pissed if I was a PG having a breakout year and they voted the dude with aids over me lol.

I mean Im sure it was a cool moment to watch as a fan/cool moment for magic johnson, idk cause that was a couple years before my time.  my point is all star votes aren't really a reflection of your production that season.

9. yeah i obviously agree with your point.  although he didnt and doesnt have aids, by the way.

but in the case of magic johnson i think i have to make an exception and say he deserved that appearance

10. Exaaaaactly. Here on the west coast tip time starts at 735ish which is like 1030 on east coast, we see a lot of Curry which i think east coast fans frankly dont stay up unless they support the Warriors. Lets just agree we have a boat load of talent at the PG position...both East and West. Have we ever witnessed these many great players at a single postition.

Lillard, CP3, Paul, Wall, Conley, Parker (been injured a lot this year, but in years past is so underrated), Irving, Westbrook, Rose.

As for Kyrie...man oh man am I eating crow right now for nickpicking his game earlier in the season, the kid is playing out of mind this past week. He dropped 38, now tonight 55 with 11 3s. Sheesh...

11. Just Kyrie is just such an insult to me as a point guard purist...never denied the talent
    his game just gets me fucking irrationally mad

12. idk.  I mean of course you feel bad for him because his career was cut short by a disease no one knew much about at the time.

but I feel like he got all the all star appearances he deserved, based on production.  there's been other players who's careers were cut short by health issues or injuries and we don't just keep voting for them.  If we want to honor a guy after his career is over that's what the Hall of Fame is for.  

All star games should just be which players have played the best to that point in the season.  Fans shouldn't even have a vote imo, but they're not going to get rid of the fan vote because it's good for marketing.

@Jetlife idk if it's just because I'm not crazy old but I/most people I know have no problem staying up to watch the 10:30 pm games.  

13. but Magic was perfectly capable of playing and wasnt because his illness wasnt understood and the league wouldnt let him

14. yeah he had a sprained knee in college. nothing serious or reoccurring though

15. Otto Porter bringin the Wiz back. Is this guy really gonna be good? I remember at the draft they said he was just a jack of all trades guy. Like the non-stats kind of player. What the hell is this then?

(Tim)
    -No donut is more delightful-
    =Dumars=

16. #56316 tetoleetd, Jan 29, 2015
    he can score. he was a good shooter in college

17. who dropped Jarrett Jack again?

14pts, 13ast, 5reb, 2stl, 2triples, 1TO for him tonight

whoever dropped this dude dropped him in the middle of a fantastic stretch of the season for him lol

18. is this true what im seeing about the relationship between thibodeau and bulls management being "beyond repair"?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #56319 Fresh Error, Jan 29, 2015
    lol at this point i have no idea what to think

its all just speculation, theres never been any concrete reason to think that theres a rift between Thibs and management.  the rumormill has been churning that shit out for like 3 years now and literally the only things that could even suggest that theres a problem was when Thibs expressed being upset to see Luol Deng go, and when management let Ron Adams go, who is widely regarded as a really good assistant in the league.. and Thibs said he had nothing to say about it and that Ron was a fantastic assistant

all i know is that if GarPax fucks up and any of this is actually true and reaches a point where Thibs is either fired or let go, or doesnt want to resign, Chicago is gonna be calling for their heads

20. Jerami Grant is fuckin ballin lately.

I'm really enjoying this stage of development that he, McDaniels, Noel & even Jakar Sampson are flourishing in.

That Syracuse connection going to be a problem for the rest the league preeetty damn soon.