Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #53621 Fresh Error, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    you have no idea how badly i want you to be right

on the bright side, i fucking love Jimmy Butler and i can't believe we actually have a chance to tie this game.

JRap im not gonna lie dude.. if Jimmy keeps this shit up you fucked up trading him.  that might have been the steal of the draft.. he's looking like MIP right now easy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wow kooz just offered me Jamal Crawford, MCW and Bert n Ernie for Ibaka and Rondo. lul. i declined that with the quickness.

and when is Lightservice gonna sack up and get her ass demolished on 2k? im waiting bruh

• Like Like x 4
  3. jimmy grabs 9 boards to go along with 32..thats what i like to see

4. Uhhh... we're watching The Most Extreme on YouTube ................

I clean table ... I clean mouth ... You breathe deep

• Like Like x 1
  5. #53625 TimothyTheFirst, Nov 26, 2014
    who in this thread said jimmy butler would be like paul george?

cause he's kind of like paul george now.  

• Like Like x 1
  6. that is fucking riveting. holy shit!! im gonna go watch How To Give A Fuck on youtube lmaooo oh craig :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  7. me...fresh ostensibly denied it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lmaooo and while you're there could you watch How to tell If Your Asshole is Too Tight

• Like Like x 1
  9. #53629 Fresh Error, Nov 26, 2014
    please god dont compare Jimmy to someone who just snapped their leg in half this summer

i cant handle anymore injuries

at least the Lakers were gonna suck anyway.  this Bulls team has so much potential healthy

10. to be fair paul georges injury was a freak thing cause the base of the hoop was closer to the court than normal.  

11. i know.  still.  :laughing:

12. oh i know my shit tight boo boo. it keeps the niggaz comin back

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well I'm not going to say I told you so...

But shit I think the organization really needs to sit down and ask themselves if it's really worth building a team around a guy who's a rare sighting on the court.

14. i still feel the same way i did about it last time we had this conversation

just frustrated.

and after Thibs post-game conference, a little confused too.

Thibs said he didn't re-injure anything, he just pulled him in the second half and to be cautious because he wasn't liking the look he was getting from DRose in the first half.  i don't know what to think.  Derrick said he didn't reinjure himself.

Thibs post-game pressers yesterday and tonight have been a little odd compared to usual.  his answers have been a little more.. raw.

15. Yeah I'm sure this has gotten real annoying for Bulls fans

You guys have been flirting with contender status for years now and it's always something that snatches that dream away in an instant.  At least I know full and well what my team's status is, first round with a 2nd round ceiling  :laughing:

16. #53636 Fresh Error, Nov 26, 2014
    like i said, Derrick looked disinterested and like the effort wasn't there in the first half at all

maybe he was sore and tired after coming back last night and travelling for a back to back.. who the fuck knows

but i find myself wondering if Thibs is trying to be a bit of a hardass on Derrick to get him to come out of his shell more.  maybe sending a message by sitting him the second half.  or maybe he's legitimately just being cautious because he could see that Derrick was laboring a bit more than usual and wasnt playing like himself.

i dont fuckin know.

and the good news is.. the last few seasons without Derrick, i've known full well what my team's status is, and its exactly what your teams is now.  i know you're coming off four finals appearances so it's not exactly exciting, but those playoff runs are fun nonetheless man.  theres something to be said for cheering for an underdog team..

17. Shout out to @tetoleetd for making my brother laugh with that weird ass ps3 message lmao

18. Well the good thing is there's still like what 66 games left in the season?  No better time to have these struggles.  Now if this was happening in March/Early April, we would have a problem.  

And you might of misread what I said, so allow me to clarify..  If the Bulls are at their best; regarding health, chemistry, ect,. they're contenders and easily the best team in the East.  But without Rose playing and being the franchise player we've known him to be, you guys are a treadmill team at best.  And that's what you've all been fluctuating between all these years.  

For my Heat to actually be legit contenders - Wade would need to turn the clock back to 06 and become ironman, Bosh would need to be an MVP candidate, Deng would need to become an allstar, Napier would need to win rookie of the year, and Chalmers would have to stop fucking up for at least 3 minutes at a time.  So yeah you get my point.

Honestly, the Finals trips were great.  But I like the change of pace.  I get to watch basketball and just take it all in for what it is without championship or bust on my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Man, what are you talking about? Julius was going to take us to the promise land.

• Like Like x 1
  20. no doubt man.

also something that i meant to point out in response to your other post--

despite the fact that this Bulls team still has its championship hopes resting firmly on the shoulders of Derrick Rose.. they are year by year building a team that is increasingly less dependent on him.  it's a fairly impressive effort by the front office considering the circumstances