Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #51841 JaySteele, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    DWade looked amazing today. I know many will disagree but I'm not willing to surrender the top SG spot to Harden just yet.  In terms of all around game, Kobe & Wade > Harden

2. Their injuries and age kinda limit them while hardens laziness limits his defense but he still put up 26/6/5/1.5 stl
    it'd be great to see one or both of them have a big year

3. #51843 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 22, 2014
    so for h2h each cat do u face up with one opponent for the whole week and whoever has the better numbers for a category over the whole week gets a win, and whoever wins the most categories gets a overall win for the week?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #51844 Griffijuana, Oct 22, 2014
    I've got an interview at the Palace in 15 minutes for a crowd control position. My selling point is that had I been there in 2004, Artest would've thought twice about running up in the stands

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. are u a big guy or what

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. hed have to a motherfuckin beast to stop Metta and Stack Jack

7. Just give him the look and tell him “not today Ron", and follow that up with the Mutumbo fingerwag

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. i still love Stack Jacks retelling of the malice at the palace

how they were sitting in the lockerroom after the whole thing went down and Ron just goes "do you think we're gonna get in trouble?"

:laughing:

9. would've been an easy job the past few seasons when there wasn't much of a crowd.

10. each category you win or lose in is tallied up. lets say the first week you win 5 categories and lose 3. your record will be 5-3 at the end of the week. it is head to head because you only go against one opponent a week, but your record will not be 1-0 or 0-1 like it is in fantasy football.

for example, my record last year was 106-62-3. its just a constant tally of your wins, losses and ties in each category.

11. Steve Nash to miss season. Dude, just quit. I'm losing respect for him by every minute he chooses to not retire.

-(Tim)-
    TakeTheCrown

12. kinda sad to see him go out like this.  he was one of my favorites growing up.

13. #51853 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014

steve nash can quit whenever the fuck he wants to. i personally hope he never does

14. #51854 Fresh Error, Oct 24, 2014
    youre losing respect for him because he keeps fighting to play the sport he loves to compete at?

weird.

15. #51855 JaySteele, Oct 24, 2014
    Lol, let's not fool ourselves folks.  I have no doubt Nash would love to play some games, but he's just collecting checks at this point.  As he frankly stated before.  Why the hell would you turn down 9.7 million for doing nothing?  C'mon.

16. #51856 Fresh Error, Oct 24, 2014
    and?

i also wouldnt call what he's doing "nothing" considering that in order to keep collecting checks he has to keep rehabbing and working hard every single day when he's healthy enough to.

i always think its funny when sports fans imply that injured players are just sitting around doing jack shit.

17. he's losing respect because he admits that he should have quit, but he wants the money. he openly says...i'm only playing for the money..not right.

at the same time though, i'd do just that same thing...so whatever..

18. #51858 Fresh Error, Oct 24, 2014
    i still fail to see how it's "not right"

he earned the contract that he's on through a career of basketball genius.  now he cant play anymore and he's gonna collect.

i dont know how theres anything upsetting about that.

19. #51859 JaySteele, Oct 24, 2014
    And...I find it funny you're leaving out the fact it's clearly about financial gain at this point.  Nash does loves the game, sure, but he knows he has no business in the league anymore.  If it weren't for the amazing contract the Lakers gave him he would of been out the league quite awhile ago.  Players don't retire simply because they don't look good to fans anymore, which is why I find the "dude just retire" notion laughable.  It's a business at the end of the day.

This is straight from Nash himself: I'm not going to retire because I want the money. It's honest. We want honest athletes, but at the same time, you're going to have people out there saying ‘He's so greedy. He's made x amount of money and he has to take this last little bit.' Yes, I do, have to take that last little bit. I'm sorry if that is frustrating to some but if they were in my shoes they would do exactly the same thing.

Obviously I meant "nothing" in relation to earning 9.7 million.  There's guys busting their ass for 82 games a season and Nash is making that by playing like 10 games in  2 seasons.  He's doing "nothing" to earn that, if that clears it up for you.

20. i've picked the bulls this season.
    i had the heat for the last three seasons. (they won 2)
    and the mavs before that. (they won, and everyone laughed at me for picking them. people ate crow lol)
    and the celtics before that. (they made the finals, at least..)