Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #51181 Fresh Error, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    well i want to make it so that as many people as possible can live draft, so we'll keep talkin and see if we can work something out that still works well for everyone else that joins up..

but saturday/sunday night are probably going to be the best time for the most people to be able to be around.

i mean obviously that means you'll have to postpone going out til later or entirely, yall.. but just do what i do.  kick back with some herb and brews and draft like a muhfucka.  :laughing:

just make sure you set your autodraft as well as you can so that in the event that you're not able to make it, you at least have some chance at getting some of the pieces you want.

i'm keeping a list of everyone expressing interest.  so @[member="lightservice"] i take it you're in.  @[member="Scribbles510"] you're in

this puts us up to about 8 people already... which is why i'm open to a 16 person league.  i know @[member="Kooz"] @[member="MichaelMongrel"] @[member="HOUtx"] .. the golden state fans whose names i cant remember right now ( @tetoleeted is one of them) are gonna want in if theyre around .. and i'm sure there are others that i'm forgetting.

2. #51182 Fresh Error, Sep 18, 2014
    theyre satire, theyre not real.  the author kind of fucked up by initially publishing that article without clarifying that it was satire.. :laughing:

here's a grantland piece that brought up something that hadnt occurred to me.. something that i think would be awesome..
    Grantland: We have to get Eric Bledsoe on the Bucks

3. I'll know if I can make it or not probably about a week in advance.  in general i usually get saturdays off and work fridays and sundays, but it could change so idk.  I'll just do the auto pick if I can't make it, espn usually holds it down.

4. #51184 Fresh Error, Sep 18, 2014
    i hate autodrafting.  mostly because one time i got drunk and set DRose as my first autodraft pick and it was the only time in my life that i ever had to autodraft, and i got first overall pick and took DRose.

that was also the only time i've ever gotten first pick in any fantasy league :laughing:

in other news i'm high as fuck and exhausted right now and the sportscenter app just sent me this update
    [​IMG]

what the fuck :laughing:

5. Just a little ?

I clean table ... I clean mouth ... You breathe deep

6. #51186 Ẅest Čoast, Sep 18, 2014
    Rumor: Lin to Suns, Bledsoe to LA. Hopefully the deal would not include Randle. They can have Hill with Lin.

Let it be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. to be honest, i'm not convinced that Bledsoe is better than Lin, or that he will be in the future.

i think Lin found himself in a kind of shitty situation on the Rockets.  Morey is great at making shit happen in free agency and the trade market, but between the way he handled Asik and Lin the last couple years, i really feel like the dude is kind of childish the way he does business.  he offered both Lin and Asik more money than they had proven to be worth, and when they didnt make themselves worth that money, the Rockets stopped using them as much as they deserved to be used.

i think in the right system Lin has the skillset to be a really good starting pointguard.. and Bledsoe has hardly proven anything and now has had a meniscectomy (the procedure that likely is causing Wade most of his injury issues the last few years).  also, Bledsoe was offered a reasonable but generous contract by Phoenix, and turned it down claiming he wanted the max.

the dude is either looking to traded, or he and his agent (who also happens to be LeBrons agent) are delusional about what he's proven himself to be worth to a franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #51188 donutbread, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    I'm gonna go back to when Smoove signed with the Pistons. I believe, as I did then, that Josh Smith did not deserve a max deal. He hasn't proven himself a reliable go-to guy.
    But someone paid him.
    I think Bledsoe has proven enough to earn the max like Smoove got. Some team has to make room for this guy.
    He has to go anyway. The Suns pretty much pushed him away by signing IT. Dragic and Thomas both deserve to start.

My name is Tim and I want a nugget of Golden Goat

9. Celtics odds at winning championship this year- 1/1

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I still want to draft Jeff green, Marcus smart and Kelly O.

I clean table ... I clean mouth ... You breathe deep

11. well i'm too drunk to officially make the league tonight, but i started the process and will finish tomorrow night after work.. i'm gonna make it 14 teams.  i'll make a new league if we end up needing 16..

but one thing i can tell you is that the league name will be "The Hashional Basketball Association"

• Like Like x 2
  12. i want in on the league. i was in it last year and made the playoffs. gonna win the title this year :bongin:

13. #51193 Fresh Error, Sep 19, 2014
    you want in on this fantasy league dude?

i'll pen you in son.  i think that puts us up to 9 (10 if Michael's in).  gonna have to browse these last few pages and update the list tomorrow.

so i was gonna call it the "The Hashional Basketball Association"

what if i took it a step further and called it "The Hashional Grassketball Grassociation"

too far?  :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  14. #51194 Ryan Donnelly, Sep 19, 2014
    nah go for it lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I'm down for the fantasy league. I work weekend nights as well tho. Any other times we could do the draft? Like a Sunday or sat morning?

16. I suppose I'll get in on this league. Using yahoo or ESPN?

My name is Tim and I want a nugget of Golden Goat

17. I've never taken part in any fantasy sport leagues, but I'm down.  Need an overview tho lol

18. Multiple categories like Points, Ast, Reb, TO's (you went less obviously), FG %, 3pt fgs, and steals. You're head to head in each category with someone else and you get a point for each category won. After a week of games, the person who has the bigger number of wins, wins

19. anyone else gettin drunk tonight

20. Hell yeah

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app