Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Yeah, My bad I misunderstood what you were saying there. But Yeah, he needs to prove his athletic ability, especially defensively before he cracks the starting lineup. We all know what he can do offensively, but he needs to show he can do that at the next level as well. 

2. #50422 TimothyTheFirst, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    when taj dunked on d wade in 2011 was my favorite moment of that season lol.

and I don't think doug mcdermott starts yet.  maybe if he plays well for a while he'll work his way into the starting lineup, but right now it'll be rose at the 1, butler and dunleavy on the wings then gasol and noah down low.

I don't think doug mcdermott will be a bust.  He's a lot better player than adam morrison was.  morrison was really a good shooter who gave college players matchup issues.  I think mcdermott has a little more game than that.  plus he's played really well in summer league, for what it's worth.  not saying he's a future star but I think he can be a solid role player.

even without k love that's a pretty good lineup if you ask me.  

3. #50423 JaySteele, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    I could see Love's rebounding numbers plummeting, like Bosh's when he left the Raptors, when he leaves to an actual contender.

4. Looks like Byron Scott is about to become the Lakers head coach. Not that it's a surprise, but it's about damn time. Just add Gary Payton as assistant coach and we're on our way to the promise land :laughing:

5. Lmao I know it's in bad nature to make any statements a decade down the road .. but do yall evem think the Lakers make another finals appearance in the next 10 years ? Same for the Celtics .. right now the blazers have more promise than both dynasty teams lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #50426 Fresh Error, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    i actually think the Celts are positioned really well over the next decade

picks out the ass, young promising headcoach, and plenty of cap flexibility

couple all that with Danny Ainge and i think theyll be contending again soon enough

then you got the Lakers and Kupchak where you never know what kind of surprise miracles might happen and Kobe's massive contract is off the books soon..

we'll see

7. Yeah the Celtics have a shit ton of picks all from that Paul price ray Allen and garnett ordeal they went through.. I don't know how many but I'm sure they have at least 4 in the next 2 years maybe even 5.. sorta like how the Suns had 3 picks this year lol .. Bledsoe should a just took the 4 year 48 mill like damn I know a couple million is a lot of.money and Phoenix isn't exactly the best city to live in .. but 4 years maybe with at the end of the 2nd year beginning of 3rd you get an opt out .. stop being so greedy .. He hasn't even proved he can play 70+ games a season while being a superstar so wtf does the NBA lack that much talent?

8. #50428 Crony, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Its hard to say. I think the Celtics are in better shape going forward though.The Lakers, they won't win another one with Kobe and thats certain. Once Kobe retires it will be interesting to see who they are left with, they could make a splash in next years free agency but anyhow they still won't be a contending team for at least 3-5+ years AFTER Kobe leaves. Where as the Celtics, they have started rebuilding slowly since the "big 3" broke up a few years back, and they have done it quite well. I think if Rondo sticks around they can be a contending team again. They have some good young guys with potential. Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger. Kelly Olynyk had a pretty solid rookie season avg. around 9 ppg. they also just drafted Marcus Smart. They have a young head coach who is smart and knows the game. They could make a run for that 8 spot in the East this year. I think if Rondo sticks around they can become a pretty solid in the next couple years. 

9. Nick Stauskus or Doug McDermott ? 2 white boy shooters with good size (6'6-6'7ish) respectably .. good to see my whites making decent draft pick numbers

10. I think 10 years is too far to confidently predict, cause anything can happen...  but the lakers aren't contending for anything anytime soon.

maybe if they were in the east they'd be a bottom seed playoff team.  but not in the west.

honestly I feel kind of bad for kobe, I've always liked kobe.  hate to see the front office put so little around him.  boozer and lin are decent players but they're not enough to make them good.

11. So love pulls out of team usa as well as blake griffin and espn is saying we have serious talent missing at big man. I'm not sure, but I'm almost certain that Davis, Drummond, Cousins, and Faried is more than enough to beat any European team in and around the paint on both sides of the ball. Team is even better defensively with Griffin and Love gone imo. Parsons could probably match up well with the shooting 4s of Europe as well

12. look he's a great player but the reason they can't put anything around him is his 24million contract, they had FA opportunities this year and no one bit

13. I'm not saying his contract is good for the team, but you can't attribute the decline of the roster solely to kobes contract.  the roster has slowly been falling apart for the past few years, around him, since before he even signed it.

poor front office moves in general can't all be put on kobe.  they haven't drafted anyone good.  they haven't had any high picks, but there were solid players available, they just didn't get them.

and they probably  could've landed some type of big free agent if they had some young talent coming up.

14. #50434 Kuollut, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    "Lebron back to 23"

Ok ive been a Lebron supporter for awhile and i think he gets way too  much criticism but this is just a bitch move.  He changed from 23 and said no one should wear the number, but he goes right back to it? Fuck that,  fuck Lebron

[​IMG]

15. Could hVe been worse..could of chosen 45 on his return to Clevland like Jordan did when he returned to Chicago.

Should have just stuck with 6.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. #50436 Fresh Error, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    MJ only took 45 when he came back because his 23 was retired.  then he went back to 23 the next year

and speaking of retiring numbers.. has LeBron done enough for a team yet to get his number retired?  i think now that he's back in Cleveland, even if they dont win a championship with him, he'll get his number retired.. but say he didnt go back to cleveland and went to the Suns or something and won a championship or two with them and then retired 5 years from now

do the Heat retire his number?  4 finals.. 2 chips.. but only 4 years on the team..  Cavs 7 years on the team but no chips and he dipped out..

just a random thought.  also i dont give a shit if he goes back to 23.  who cares.  lol

although i'm not gonna lie it is a little silly that he would say that all players should retire the number 23 as homage to MJ and then switch back to it himself a few years later.

17. looks like the Bulls are bringin back the pinstripes!  ballin!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRmUDX99BU

DRose looks so fucking ripped compared before his ACL tear..

18. His shoulders always amuse me lol.

19. It is a little hypocritical on LeBron's part, but fuck it, its just a number. No significant meaning. 

20. #50440 TimothyTheFirst, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    I always thought saying no player should wear 23 is kind of pointless.  I think it's more of an honor to mike to see all the kids that grew up watching him wear it now.  the bulls are the only team that really have a reason to have it retired.

but that's dope that the bulls are (probably?) bringing back the pinstripes.  I might have to cop an actual jersey for the first time in like 8 years.

boost in shoes seem dope but damn the new d roses are ugly.  I have a pair of d rose 3s I wore in my league last year and I liked those.  the last few versions have been too loud though.