Claiming weed isnt a drug

Discussion in 'General' started by greenbliss, Oct 7, 2009.

1. So is opium "not a drug", as well, if marijuana is not a drug? Poppies are not manmade, nor are coca plants.

2. Surely you mean you disagree with the connotations of the phrase 'drug user'.

3. Having only read about half of the conversation before me, I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you all to make the distinction between 'drug use' and 'drug abuse'. I would consider someone who smokes, drinks or tokes a user. If you're an alcoholic, chain smoker, don't have a non-high moment in your day, I consider you an abuser. Heroin I feel falls into a different category because of its controlling nature. Not that cigarettes aren't addictive, but heroin is much more invasive.

4. Definately

I guess that would be accurate. I just hate how just because I like to smoke weed people put me in the same category "drug user" as a meth head.

5. marijuana is a drug in the sense that beer, caffeine, aspirin, and stuff like that are drugs. however, mj is the only one out of those which does not have the potential to kill you. therefore, marajuana barely counts as a drug in my opinion.

6. marijuana is definitely a drug, but it is not an abusive drug. just like caffeine is a drug. people don't usually consider it a drug because it's not abusive. that doesn't mean that it can't be abused, but the drug itself is not abusive. most people don't understand weed which is why people consider it a (abusive) drug.

7. Obviously most people don't understand drugs like caffeine or alcohol either.

8. Weed is a drug. End.

I think what the OP is saying is that he does not agree with the stereotypes people have about drug users. But if you smoke weed regularly, you are a drug user. No point in denying it.

9. Meth has positives? :smoke:

Are you sure you were smoking meth?

10. Do you know anything about amphetamines? I mean, in my opinion the negatives of meth use far outweigh the positives, but the positives are definitely there. It was even distributed to soldiers in WWII to increase productivity and alertness.

11. Yeah. But meth? Holy shit.

12. Yes even big bad Meth has positives. That's why a medical variant is prescribed for ADD/ADHD. It's a stimulant which has many uses like the other guy said before me. But yea, the negatives do far outweigh the positives.

13. theres absolutely no way that you had legit 100% MDMA and consider it weaker than weed. get high on MDMA then get back to me lol
    this isnt a personal jab or anything, but i definately couldnt go to school while trippin on mdma...well i could but it would be sketch as fuck. where as weed, not so much

14. You must of missed the saying under my avatar. Silly me, I know nothing about MDMA.

15. my bad bro, i didn't realize your high ranking as a candy flipping machine.

16. Haha that made me laugh.

17. But seriously, weed = drug, though not a very dangerous one given the other options...

18. #38 Tokage567, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
    Weed is a drug is a drug is a drug, plain and simple.
    Drug user technically means someone who uses drugs, so you got your cup of coffee, glass of wine, tylenol for that headache, to any medication you took for any illness u had in your life, you're a drug user.

But then, claiming weed isn't a drug stems from the negative stigma that stems from propaganda, but I imagine most of us here have a more enlightened view of drugs in general

PS The guy that said MDMA doesn't hit him as hard as weed, some people can develop an almost complete immunity to it after only a few uses, and he says he's an experienced "candyflipper" so...