Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crazy Edibles overdose & questions about body chemistry

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Caprican, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Oh man i know how you feel :(

On 420 me and my brother made canna-cake with his moms cannabutter not knowing she used an ounce for it :eek:. We ended up eating half of it each and i felt like i was about to either die or implode.

2. I think your both just babies. It does not matter how much THC I have flowing threw me It's never enough.

3. My first time having edibles was the SAME WAY! Except for the whole taking-forever-to-kick-in part. I ate one heavily loaded firecracker before a bus ride home. I felt the pleasant high after about 30 mins, but after that, shit started popping in my head and I had a legitimate flashback; I was seven years old again. After we got home, I fell asleep pretty easily, had very vivid dreams, and woke up. But I realized that it wasn't done, I was still in this half-delirious, half-high state of mind. It wasn't pleasant going to work like that.
    My friend said he thought the peanut butter was too old, but I'm trying it again this week with fresh peanut butter and nutella to test it.

4. #24 relakit3, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
    hahahahahaha

Looks like you ate too much weed, bra.

HOLY SHIT

5. First time edibles for me was the same way as the OP and above quote combined... at first it was okay, great in fact, but about 45 min. in I felt like I had a case of really bad flu. My whole body kept convulsing and I was feeling as though I had a bad fever. My body was probably physically fine, but I just had way too much, it was almost as though my body was rejecting it. Vomited at one point, I could barely move my eyes/head around the "lag" was so bad + vertigo. The flashback thing was really freaking me out but overall a good experience... constant flashbacks to when I was younger, things I had NEVER even thought about before until I recalled them. Sort of like I knew the memories were mine, they belonged to me, yet I'm almost positive I hadn't recalled them since they happened when I was a child. It's amazing what your mind stores away...

Overall its just a lesson learned on how much your body can tolerate or not tolerate. I know better now~

6. Edibles
    this should answer your question

7. OK tough guy, try taking 20 hits of BHO in a row.. then tell me your not high enough. :cool:

8. LOL you're a joke ^

@ your username

You don't seem like a weed smoker based on what you said / your name ...

9. sounds like somebody got shunned by the cool kids in school :smoke:

10. nah he's a forum troll......... He found a 2010 thread and posted....this is nearly 1 year old :S

11. yes you can eat too much THC and get sick from it.

you see, when you eat THC you're liver processes it into 11-hydroxy THC which is about 5 times more concentrated than regular THC

/thread

12. lol everyone od's with edibles at one point

13. Are you OPS GF?

14. Your funny!

15. It's called a green out. It can happen from smoking, edibles or any form of mj use. Usually it's just easier to do with edibles because you don't really know how much you're eating or how much of the thc your body will absorb.
    With edibles you start SMALL and see what it does before going overboard.

16. I completely get what you went through. Almost a year ago, I had a similar experience.

I put a couple grams of very pure hash into a gelcap (You think, hash is on average 3-6x more concentrated than the bud, so I probably ate 12-24 grams worth of weed.) It was a rookie mistake, I didn't realize that that was a huge amount, as it was really small.

Anyways, about an hour later, I was sitting on my bed on the computer, and all of a sudden it hit me. All at once I felt this extremely intense feeling in my head. Think of brain freeze from ice cream, only it felt hot. I thought I was having a stroke at the time.

Then, about a minute later it subsided, and I could walk around and move. So, I ran to the kitchen and ate some bread, hoping to soak up some of the hash or something. Once I got back to the bedroom, my heart started pounding. It felt really un-natural. I remember googling "Heart attack symptoms" and "Am I having a heart attack".

Then, it almost felt like I could move these "waves" of pain throughout my body with my mind. It was really weird. Picture sitting on the beach, having a wave go over you every minute or two, but when it went over my chest area it started to twitch and burn.

So, I lied on my bed, just waiting it out. I honestly felt like I was going to die in my sleep, so I was keeping my eyes open. Then about 3-4 hours later, I must have drifted off.

In the morning I was so groggy, with red eyes and the whole bit. I felt really fucked up. But, I put eye drops in, and went about my day as normal. I started feeling pretty happy, as if I had a spring in my step.

So, anyways. There's my story. I ended up not smoking for a couple months there. I believe it was a panic attack, but I could never know for sure. I had some minor side effects for almost 8 months afterwards, but I think it was just my brain recovering from such a traumatic experience.

Weed is good, weed is great, but if you take too much, it won't be fun.