On Friday I made about 2 cups of Canna-Nut (Coconut w/cannabis) oil using maybe 5 or 6 grams of lightly used beasters I'd run through my volcano a few times... I've done this before in smaller quantities (less herb, less oil) and the dosing has never really been a problem before.
So on Saturday morning we made a chocolate cake using 1/2 cup of oil, at around 2pm I ate a large-ish piece (maybe 1/6th of the cake) - I'm not a small guy, 5'11 bout 210 pounds. I waited about an hour, my fiance (smaller obviously) had a slightly smaller piece than I did and after 30 minutes she was definitely feeling it, and I had nothing.
So I do a bag on the vaporizer all grumpy and shit, over the next few hours we both have two more pieces of cake, and I just have a really mellow trip from the vaporizer not feeling any of the cake at all
So we go to sleep, I wake up at about 3am (Keep in mind took the first piece of cake at around 2pm - 13 hours earlier) tripping my balls off, stay up all night with a mix of very heavy couchlock but also dipping in and out of closed and open eye visuals and lucid dreams. That state lasted ALL DAY with me drifting in and out of sleep, honestly it felt more like I had a crazy bad fever and was having fever dreams but I wasn't and am not sick. My fiance started freaking out on her own about an hour earlier saying that "all these scenarios kept running through her head so fast it was making her nauseas". I told her you can't OD on pot (the cake hadn't kicked in for me yet at this point) and that the only way you can have an issue is if you just freak out. She eventually threw up (We're talking like exorcist style, it was freaking amazing) and felt better after that....
I on the other hand spent the next 24hrs stuck in this wierd loop of being totally sedated and having lucid dreams, slept probably 10 hrs between 9am-8pm then completely fell asleep until 8am this morning when I *finally* was not high.
So my question here is - What the hell did I do wrong? I've baked before and not had this crazy shit happen, I know my herb is good because we smoke it all the time.... Did we just overdose and its different taking too much in an edible rather than through smoke?
The only other thing that comes to mind is that I have a ton of food allergies (one of the reasons I got into this whole scene) and the cake mix we tried (bobs red mill chocolate cake gluten free) had something in it that made me have an allergic reaction (which also didn't kick in until I was feeling the cake) Could my body through that allergic reaction have stalled out the digestion process and kept the thc in my system alot longer than it normally would have been?
For what its worth the cake was good
Thanks in advance