Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. #18021 iAmBetty, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    Great term, fair money for Holtby. He outplayed Price (again) and matched The King (of playoff disappointment) this past playoffs, and will still make less money than both.

Now Johansson

2. Trade johansson

3. that's fucked fehr. of all teams

seems like he always had some sort of nagging injury anyway. i think he's out till december because of surgery

4. Seems women love to take advantage of men these days. Turning consensual sex into rape somehow doesn't seem too hard to imagine.
    Hope Kane doesn't get screwed on this.

5. #18025 thedavesiknow, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015

Read the story about Kane's behavior at a Wisconsin college party. Sounds exactly like the type of spoiled fratboy that doesn't take no for an answer. I'd be really, really surprised if he survives this- and even more surprised if he doesn't find another way to disgrace himself out of the league somewhere else down the road even if he does.

6. I just read recent reports of the "rape" still seems fishy even with the scratches and bite marks. Like, it STILL doesn't leave the realm of her consenting, then all of a sudden decided she could make big money off one of hockey's biggest stars.

I'm not saying for sure that Kane didn't commit rape, but every woman with a bit of evil in her will look at any celebrity as an opportunity to make money.

7. tbh it's this kind of thinking that makes athletes think it's okay to act like this, and lets them get away with it. Sexual assault isn't to be taken lightly and whether the accused has money or not should never factor into the discussion at all. It's more likely to me that Kane thinks he's the shit and can do no wrong, and he went too far and the girl wasn't having it and decided to call his ass out. Kane is my fucking hero but if it turns out this is all true, I just won't be able to respect him any more :(

8. I think it's best to see both sides. Just because sexual assault is a sensitive subject doesn't mean I shouldn't question what's going on here.
    Its just wrong to focus on one possibility here. And yes, women usually do get the special treatment in court for these things.

9. Women usually get treated like shit for these things, that goes double when a celebrity or athlete happens to be the accused. Many sexual assault cases goes unreported because many women fear being blamed.

I live in Buffalo. Kane is regarded as highly as anyone who has ever come from this city, a hero. This case wouldn't have gone forward if the victim wasn't aware of what she may be called by people in the community once her identity is revealed (it will be, it's a small city.)

Sports talk here has gone from "how terrible it is that this happened" (to Kane) to "this looks really bad" as info continues to get out. His day with the cup yesterday was canceled, just to give you an idea.

10. You're wrong. He got his day with the cup but he just spent it at home instead of out on the town.

11. Right, my bad there. I meant there were a lot of things planned around the city that (understandably) didn't happen.

12. which is understandable, don't wanna deal with media or people askin questions about something he can't talk about because of the lawsuit.

13. Whats the worst case scenario for all of this? Kane becomes a ray rice and gets released, can't find another team to sign with? That gigantic contract doesnt help matters

14. ^ prison/banishment from the league would be real possibilities I would think.

15. That didnt happen when he beat up the cab driver

16. 2nd degree robbery/criminal mischief vs what could be a felony sexual assault. I think if he's charged he'd be suspended either by the team or the league indefinitely.

17. Ducks bringing back the classic logo for their orange alternate uniforms

Good day

18. #18038 iAmBetty, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
    Caps in talks with KHL defensemen Ilya Nikulin. Could be a great depth signing if they make room

19. #18039 Ryan Donnelly, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="SupremeCheese" data-cid="21930875" data-time="1439663428">Caps in talks with KHL defensemen Ilya Nikulin. Could be a great depth signing if they make room

Pair him with orlov

20. Is it October yet?