Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. #17281 iAmBetty, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I understand why you wouldn't want them to get in, but I still hope they do. I don't really want them to win but I see any matchup with them being more entertaining than any with the Flames until the Flames get better.

I'd love to see a rematch between the Kings and Ducks

Also, Wilson fined for his "embellishment" 

http://gfycat.com/ImperturbableSoulfulDugong

I know I'm biased, but it looks more like he was shoved while on one foot and lost his balance (assuming there wasnt more to it than that gif shows)... I've seen far worse this year. 

Fines aren't even the best way to deal with diving... Maybe if the league had the refs actually calling penalties (like, say, interference for turning around and shoving someone without the puck) players wouldn't feel the need to sell the call in the first place.. They know they'd be getting a powerplay anyway. I like the rough stuff, but I like goals even more. 

Then you have refs calling matching penalties when only one player does something.. Like when Wilson was called for roughing last night after he was decked by a Devil and didn't retaliate.. all for the sake of "keeping it even.'' Fuck that.. its a competitive sport.. only one guy committed a penalty, so only one should be called. 

After Toffoli basically got away with plowing an opponent head-first into the boards.. The millionth example of the NHL's inability to correctly discipline its players.

2. Wow Chicago needs to stop sticking up for Corey Crawford. He's a good goalie not a great goalie. Now that were lacking Kanes puck possession we are seeing his true colors. Hopefully he hits another hot streak during the he playoffs. GO HAWKS expect to be Burning one for the cup this summer.

3. #17283 Sunn, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    He's hitting a hot streak right now. He's the only reason we've won any of our games recently, even though we keep getting outshot. I hope you aren't basing your opinion on the game tonight, cuz when you give up 2 breakaways and another unassisted goal all in the first period then I don't really look at the goalie.

Also kane being out definitely hurts, but we haven't had much puck possession all season, or last season either for that matter. Not since 2013 have i really seen the hawks just dominate teams in a convincing manner like that..

4. No I'm not, is this the only game you have seen this week? Or ever

5. #17285 Sunn, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Don't get salty, we're supposed to be supporting the same team here..I happen to like crawford, and I never said he was an elite goalie but just because there are a few other better goalies out there I don't see why everyone always needs to be taking shots at him (no pun intended). How about the 43 saves he just made the other night while earning the #1 star of the game? He's consistently been getting better ever since coming back from injury, but constant turnovers in the defensive end have been killing us. And giving up shorthanded breakaways and a lot of odd man rushes doesn't help either..

And anyway it's not like we have any better options, I mean I would rather have crawford than go back to niemi..

6. I'm talking about reality. The reality is Corey Crawford is not a very good goalie playing behind a very good offense and a good defense. I don't care about the 43 stops the other day. I care more about the 11 goals he's given upon 3 games, that's not hot.People tend to stick up for him because of that 2013 season 48 game season he split with Emery remember .I do think we have other options one of them is in that right now.

7. He is a very good goalie imo, his one weak area is his glove but his reactions, positioning, mentality, rebound control, movement, it's all great for me. But yeah, I am definitely liking darling a lot, and he hasn't given up a goal in 5 periods now so it's tough to see him not continue playing..

8. If the Bruins/Kings both don't make the playoffs. That would be awesome

'Too blessed to be stressed'

9. I sure hope there are nhl GM's that are as gullible as yourself cause he won't be a hawk for long. Really with his rebound control and mentality you are wrong. I'm not sure you have seen him play. Clearly you listen to the hype not the facts. You just said we had no other option and then raved about darling.

10. I'm wrong? Why? Joel quenneville seems to have faith in him..and I'm inclined to trust him. Crawford's GAA was under 2.0 for like half the season, do you get that with poor rebound control? And he gets better the more pressure he's under. Bad mentality? The man is a Stanley Cup winning goalie. He outperformed rask, quick, and Jimmy howard. He's already climbing the list of winningest goalies in blackhawks history, and he'll go down as one of the best the team has ever seen. He's remarkably consistent, and focused. He gives the team a chance in every game, that's all you can ask. When's the last time he went in and just gotten lit up? I can't remember the last time. He's been a brick wall in shootouts too. And let's not overlook the fact that he's an important member of the locker room.

I don't know what hype you're going on about but usually the only comments I hear about crawford are from people like you who love to turn him into the scapegoat when the team is struggling. He's not going to win every game for us. He's not Henrik lundqvist. Most goalies aren't. If we could have gotten a better goalie in all the years we've had him, we would've. Darling is a capable backup but he still hasn't faced a gotten many minutes and once the rest of the league adjusts to him his numbers will start going up like rantaa's have, unless he proves to be a capable no. 1, in which case I'm all for having him and crawford fight for that spot.

11. Rangers gonna kick some Bruin ass in 40 minutes.

12. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens if lundqvist struggles his first few games

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Lundqvist is back today. Nice

15. You'll see when they trade him Stanley Cup or not

16. I hope you realize how dumb your last post was.

17. Basically everything in there is BS media jargon. Crawford never outplayed Quick.... like I said before our offense and puck control was dominant.You give him credit for a cup when he played a quarter season. Your people like me comment struck me. You must mean people that watched the Blackhawks before 2010. Yea I can think of many times he got dominated just last night! Yea nice average that's easy to do when you have an offense and a D. and your down on injury .Most times when you truly need Crawford to come through he does not. Yea is shootout average is better this year. But previously he's been horrible there is no trust there or consistency.You say you don't judge goalies by breakaway shots. It is a perfect example of how a goalie is playing and when he should come through.

18. #17299 Sunn, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Keep hating..crawford and his Stanley Cup can't hear you. You know how he got up on the stage and said no one can ever take this away from us? (The cup). He was talking to the people like you who have always hated him and helped motivate him to become a world class goalie. He got dominated last night? Lol. 2 breakaways from the blue line in, a shorthanded breakaway, yeah that's terrible from crawford, most goalies save multiple breakaways every game right? :rolleyes:. Quenneville himself said he didn't have a problem with how crawford played. And you know if he had a problem with it, he would have said so. Im honestly just blown away that there are actually hockey fans out there who blame breakaway goals on the goalie..like, what? I've never heard of that before. Everything I said is my opinion based on watching almost every blackhawks game for like the last 5 years. Yeah he won a cup in a shortened season? That makes him bad? For playing a shorter regular season? Correct me if I'm wrong but did he or did he not win 16 playoff games? More than any other goalie? Yeah i thought so. Oh, but the la kings have have a great defense and a world class goalie too right? But quick was busy sitting on the bench after getting embarassed. I don't remember seeing crawford crack under the pressure, at any point though. Even when down 3-1 to detroit. Sorry but you don't win a cup if your goalie isn't world class. And I have nothing else to say about it. Keep on hating on him, meanwhile he'll tell you he's welcome for helping win a Stanley Cup for you.