Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. #16821 RVD420RVD, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    Anyone watching Leafs/Wings? Leafs absolutely controlled the 2nd. Goal Leafs

'Too blessed to be stressed'

2. nah watchin caps kick the bolts asses for the second straight time

3. Turnovers in our own zone again..cost us the game this time

4. So Crosby was at practice with what looked like the mumps, denied he had the mumps, and now they're saying he actually did have the mumps.

5. Duncan keith out with an undisclosed illness..

6. first ep of road to winter classic on right now. way to premiere with hawks and caps games going on nhl

7. Lmao

8. #16829 iAmBetty, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    I don't think I'm going to watch that. The first episode was pretty boring. They just glossed over everything, no depth where you'd want it.

9. wasnt as bad as that shootout

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. That was painful. I wasn't even upset about the caps losing

11. Saw Barry Melrose talking about the shootout, and how fans love the shootout and you could see they were enjoying that one a lot.

What fans love the shootout? I don't think any of us in here really like it..I don't know anyone else that does either. Obviously the fans are going to be into it because it's a sudden death situation and you want your team to win, but that doesn't mean it's the best possible option..

12. #16833 iAmBetty, Dec 17, 2014
    Also, who the fuck could you see in the Panthers arena? Nobody was there

The 3v3 OT minutes have been pretty successful in the AHL. Might see the NHL make a switch next season.

13. #16834 Ryan Donnelly, Dec 17, 2014
    melrose is kind of a dumbfuck

not nearly as stupid and ignorant as milbury though. worst hockey "analyst" ive ever listened to

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I like ties. I could really get behind neither team winning if nobody scores in OT. Why does someone have to win every game in the regular season? Sometimes it's just even.

15. Exactly, and the fact that teams can actually still be rewarded points for losing a game is fucking ridiculous.

16. They're not getting the points for losing, they're getting it for tieing in regulation. So essentially we have a hybrid between a tie and deciding a game in OT/shootout. The part I don't like is that some games are worth 3 points while some are worth 2. Any time there's a matchup between two other teams in your conference, the best result for you is that it doesn't go to Overtime.

17. But the point of overtime and shootouts is to settle which of the teams is the winner right then and there. If you aren't the winning team then what are you? The won slightly less team? Nah, it shouldn't work like that. If you lose you deserve nothing, and if you win you deserve all the points. And if both teams should tie, then they split the points. Like you said, the extra points is nonsense.

18. Nothin like seein Tarasenko scoring 3 goals while goin to the game w 3 beautiful girls lol..... Great Night!

19. The refs lost control of this game