Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. #16601 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    chalk it up to being tired on the back to back. fuck these late night canadian road trips. peters looks to be a real solid backup tho

we need to start planting people in front of the goalie for some screens

2. #16602 Sunn, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    Pretty cool story. Tonight the third string goalie got the start, his name's Scott darling. He was born and raised in chicago and dreamt of playing for the blackhawks one day. He spent years in other leagues like the southern league and atlantic league before eventually being signed by the blackhawks on a minor league deal. Tonight he made his first nhl start, in the United center, with all his family and friends in the crowd, and was the #1 star of the game in a 32 save win

3. #16603 iAmBetty, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    Ovi-Burakovski-Ward

Chimera-Backstrom-Fehr

Those were the lines at practice. I wonder if that's for the game as well.. Splitting up Backstrom and Ovi usually doesn't work, but who knows with Burakovski

4. #16604 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    holy fuck trotz is really experimenting

though ovi has been struggling lately to score this might work...and bura has been making some beautiful passes/setups. hopefully ovi and nick are still on PP1 together

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #16605 iAmBetty, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    It's actually Johansson-backstrom-Brouwer. The original version i read had it wrong

They're going to need to move someone once everybody's healthy. Probably one of Beagle, Latta, or Fehr since those guys keep shuffling around the same few spots. Unless they want to keep Wilson in Hershey, or one of the older guys makes it through waivers

6. Seth Griffith with two goals

7. #16607 RVD420RVD, Oct 29, 2014
    Gotta say, as much as I like Kreiders skill if he doesn't change his dirty ways, he"ll be gone quick. We ain't Pittsburgh. We don't stand for that shit. It'll take some time to adjust, he did go to Boston College after all. (That last part was a joke. HA)

'Too blessed to be stressed'

8. #16608 RVD420RVD, Oct 29, 2014
    World Series, man. Game 7 ( looks like where it's headed. KC is killin em right now) is tomorrow. And as soon as that's over. I'm 100% hockey and I'll be around a lot more.

new line of O'Brien - Latta - Wilson

i feel like that line is gonna be a pain in the ass for other teams to play against haha

10. excited to see these lines in action tonight. just need orlov back and we'll be good to go

11. #16614 iAmBetty, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Frustrating game in so many ways. Much closer than 4-2.

Could have been worse, I guess. Could have gone to a shootout

12. #16615 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    unreal how unlucky ovi has been. the shots were there..just no goals. u can see the frustration in him

team played very well for majority of the game, wasnt an easy night for detroit or howard by any means. two extremely careless turnovers by bura and especially mojo killed us

its crazy. we've had the best 5v5 possesion in the entire league these past five games, and still dropped three of them. talk about frustrating. team isnt finishing

13. I feel you man, the blackhawks have outshot opponents this year by the widest margin in the league, yet they've scored 2 or fewer in like every game so far.

14. Was gonna watch King/Pens but then a chick invited me over for tacos. And I can't say no to a taco. Who won?

Now that baseball is over though, I'm back on hockey

15. #16618 Sunn, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    I'm not sure what to make of the blackhawks goalie situation. Darling made his first nhl start a few games ago and it was against the flames at home so I kinda thought it was just a nice thing for him. But he's started every game since, rather than Raanta who was the presumed no. 2 goalie, including against the ducks in his second start. I can't see how darling could have stolen raantas job just like that, he's played well but not amazing. Not to mention that in raanta's lone start he got a shutout. there has been no mention of it by anyone. But there's definitely something going on.

16. #16619 iAmBetty, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    I didn't even realize Darling was still playing. What's his contract like? Maybe they want to see if he can consistently play well

I hope the Caps can pull it together tonight. Caps-lightning games are always good when it's a real fight. The Caps have been a somewhat strong possesion team with Trotz, now they just need to start putting pucks in the net again. Less dumb penalties would help, too.

17. offense has never been a problem for us, just defense. seems like the other way around this year

i think ovi breaks out of his slump tonight