Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. tight race between u and i nopot. thank god we got that W in the shootout...fuck shootouts

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #16562 iAmBetty, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    Yea, I stopped watching before the shootout. At least they've gotten a point in each game.

I like Justin Peters as the backup so far. He can also make important save at least against weaker teams,

3. It was worth a shot. Subban is in the same class as him but I'd rather have the head man. So would you I see.

I can't believe how shitty my goaltending has been to start. Lundqvist is not helping.

Good Bruins game tonight though. Nice to see Svedberg get his first shutout.

4. A poor possesion team benefiting from a high shooting percentage and solid goaltending. Kinda like Toronto the year before, they were bound to fall back down to earth. I'm sure they'll improve enough in time to make the playoffs, but I doubt they'll do nearly as well as last season.

5. #16565 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    varlamov was a huge key to the avs success last year. if he has just an average year or is injured a lot i think they could very well miss the playoffs. losing stastny does hurt a lot as well

6. Slava Voynov arrested and suspended for allegedly beating his gf (if you're quick to believe TMZ).

Amazing how the NHL can get their shit straight with discipline only when it makes them look better than the other leagues.

7. at least its likely they wont talk about it for 3+ weeks on espn

8. #16568 Ryan Donnelly, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    i still dont fully get how this roto points system works. what exactly gains us or loses us points in the standings? having more/less goals and assists than the others around us? does it depend on daily output

9. The benefits of following a niche sport.

Laich's injured again. So maybe Kuznetsov's off the 4th line with Beagle coming back soon.

10. i heard beagle's skating with the 2nd line. please say it aint so. i want to see kuz and bura together

11. Mojo looks better, too. Then again, I said that w couple times last year. Those three could score a few goals. Maybe a liability defensivley

12. yea. kind of a small line, but could definitely score some goals. taht 3rd line though, fuckin workhorse. i liked fehr on the first line but he does great with ward and chimmer. mojo is finally shooting again with confidence and he has a good shot

13. It's all based on season total. It doesn't matter what your total is for any given day. For every stat the stat leader gets 7, next in line gets 6, etc.

You can sort the standings by each individual stat which makes it easier to see where you need to get in that stat to gain a point, and how much the people behind you need to catch you and take a point from you.

14. Glad you didn't pick up Hedman yet, huh? Out 4-6 weeks

15. Yeah that trade would not have helped me. It was JVR and hedman for Subban and Jeff Carter.

16. fuckin hedman. at least we have ir spots, but losing him will hurt. could be much worse i suppose, months instead of weeks

kinda wish i had green, hes off to a surprising start

17. ok, im startin to fully understand it all. tthis is only my second year of doing fantasy and last year the commish did H2H points

18. Looking at the recent transactions in the fantasy league is like looking at the recent posts in here. Same two guys, back and forth...

I need to clear a spot to activate Pavel Datsyuk from IR but I don't really want to drop anyone from my active roster. If anyone can think of a 2 for 1 trade I will consider it.

19. Fuck this Pit/Phi game. I hope they all get in a brawl and knock each other out and the game ends in a tie or some shit

'Too blessed to be stressed'

20. backstrom with 500th point

beast