Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

E-Cigarette w/ Hash Oil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Braves4590, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I know there are other threads on this, but I want an recent update to see if anyone has tried this. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work -- just replace the nicotine cartridges (liquid nicotine) with honey oil (liquid THC). The vaporization point of nicotine is higher than that of THC, so in theory it should work.

Unfortunately i'm too poor to try this out just for the hell of it, so can someone with an e-cig try this out and report back? It would be the perfect smoking device:

- It's a vaporizer -- just pure THC, no carcinogens
    - No smell or smoke
    - Looks like a *legal* e-cig, so you can smoke it anywhere
    - You can even smoke it right in a cop's face. He'll just think it's a e-cig (prob won't even know what it is in the first place), and he sure as hell won't be smart enough to take it apart and examine it and figure out that it's actually honey oil and not nicotine liquid.
    - One cartridge of honey oil should last you about a week of regular toking

Anyway, someone PLEASE try this! If it works i'll definitely be saving up to get one :smoke:

2. Hash oil is too thick, it would either clog the atomizer very quick or just not whick into the atomizer properly. I tried it with diluted hash oil (in alchohol to thin it out) then added that to a little bit of vegetable glycerin. It was not concentrated enough so it barely did anything. The problem with using e cigarettes this way is that it is very hard to get the thc concentrated enough to get high in only a couple puffs of the e cigarette.A few people have even tried dissolving the thc into propelyne glycol but I haven't heard of anyone getting this to work very successfully.

3. Its too much effort for something like that IMO. But i hope one day it will be possible.

4. That is something Im still trying to figure out (make that a project for a science class) What about inhailers? I have heard of but havent seen 1. anyone seen or used one?

5. i read a thread earlier today that was basically a vaporizer that worked with hash oil.. id dig up the link if i could :(

6. Thanks, very interesting. I know the cartridges for e cigs are just nicotine + glycerine, so wouldn't hash oil + glycerine do the trick? I mean without the alcohol like you tried. I have heard that you can do the "drip" method to make it work, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

I'm determined to make this work, it really would be the perfect smoking device.

7. If nicotine vaporizes at a higher temp than THC then it will burn the THC.

8. #8 Androidas, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    I tried several times, because I know for a fact that some California retailers selling already pre-filled cartriges good for 40 major puffs each. Plus there are videos on youtube of people puffing on the same brand I have (AtmosRX Stratus) - with great success (plenty of smoke)

My experience was mixed - I fucked 1 cartridge up, the second came out allright, two others - I carefully gutted them by pulling the heatproof polymer fabric out of them and used it to wipe the leftovers stuck to the bowl that I was using to collect the honey. They eventually got soaked with oil pretty thoroughly, but then I was facing a challenge when you wrap them around something cylindrical and small (like a pen insert) and put the medium back into the cartridge. I had little success doing so, because the pads would stick to the walls on the entrance and wouldn't let you push them in without deformation. And if you push them in - something stops working - I am guessing they should not be touching any electrodes inside the cartridge.

By the way - does anybody know how exactly cartridges engineered on the inside? If you do - please draw a schematic representation to help me understand how to avoid messing them up.

The next time I tried it - I did not take anything out of cartridge, but simply kept dripping it on inside the cartridge directly on the medium. Oil was so thick - it remained on the very top (far from atomizer) and wouldn't saturate the rest of the medium...- so nothing would come out

I was wondering if there is a less viscous kind of oil to dilute the honey oil - some oil that must:
    1) mix well with cannabis oil
    2) wouldn't be harmful to breathe
    3) mask the smell of vaporized hash

There must be some kind of botanical oil - like eucalyptus or mint oil, but less pronounced as far as the smell or any funky taste (vegetable??), something safe to dilute the hash oil and drip the concoction straight to the blank cartridge of my "trippy stick" and have the solution completely soak the medium... that would be recipe for success. It is possible, that it could be easier to find folks who makes them pre-filled and call and ask how they do it, but I think this is a long shot...

I also heard that cartridges must be pre-heated also when you do it - this measure (they claim) stops the honey from solidifying when getting on the medium, so it continues to soak it very uniformly.

Another thought was to purchase some legal non-tobacco oils that this the producer of the trippy stick sells on its website and instead of dripping honey on the empty medium - drip it on a medium pre-filled with some other oil, and allow them to mix

Please share if you knows how to successfully refill eCig cartridges (especially if yours is Atmos Stratus) or saw it on here on the forum, but doesn't remember where would it be.

9. That, ladies and gents, is a first post.

Rep.

10. #10 A2KiD, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    I bet if they tried to make an e-big they could make it usable to put oil or THC in it.

Edit: sorry that made no type of sense. I mean I'm sure they could design the e-cigriate to allow the usage of some oils/honeys.

11. Thanks for the rep, but please help - I need a non-poisonous oil that would mix well with BHO and by doing so - would effectively dilute BHO to a 'more liquid' state. If it happens to have a much higher or much lower evaporation temperature- that would be a bonus.

Yes, this was my fist post, but I have been hanging around for quite a while. I just try to skip the chit-chat if you know what I am talking about. Just think of me as of a person who fails at social media - getting loopy rewriting over and over and feeling awkward while doing it - something I am learning to limit and then carefully manage... Oh, man I am ripped LOL

12. #13 Androidas, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    That's quite possible that they did not live to tell the story... Propylene Glycol? Isn't it similar to ethylene glycol - a poisonous stuff that serves as an anti-freeze in the engine coolant? I would be staying away from glycoles if I were you - this is something you don't want to breathe in

13. #14 77 les paul, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011

PG or Propylene Glycol is a totally different compound than Ethylene glycol , PG is used by hospitals to deliver medicine to lung patients, this is why it is used in E-cigs . FYI

The FDA used this line to go after E-cigs .

I have a few friends that are using a modified Ecig ( it has a variable voltage output ) to vape oils from a cartridge with good results.

14. #15 Androidas, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    Thanks for your comments - I did more research and found out a lot of info along the same lines..

I got me some food grade glycerin from a wine brewing store and a PVC ball valve from Home Depot, waiting on the propane to come in the mail now.

Bought the valve because I want propane to simmer in a little longer in the shake (say ~5 min) before letting it decompress and drain down to evaporate - the last batch of shake that I did, looked like it could use another extraction, and I heard some ppl do several runs... But I hate spending 2 cans of propane for every load! Has anyone attempted anything similar as far as BHO extraction. I also wonder if I could drip BHO to the plate with glycerin already in it - would that be a good idea?
    I will try to use as little glycerin as I can at first, and then dilute it with more if it turns out too viscous still...

15. It's easy, it just requires a good, vegetable glycerin based tincture in place of your e-liquid/juice [​IMG] E-cigs have a weaker heat source than most portable or table-top vapes, so if you want a powerful effect, it's a good idea to start with an already bioavailable and fully activated tincture (this is especially true for those patients who like to vape using temps just below combustion).

Vaping an e-cig (especially when using a flavored tincture) is very discreet, and very effective. You can buy batteries without the light on the end as well, you can palm them easily... I have USB and car/lighter adapters for mine [​IMG]

E-Cigarettes: A How-To, w/ Canna

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a glycerin tincture tutorial...

Medical Grade Glycerin Tincture

[​IMG]

16. /thread