Aquaponic Cannabis

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by geneticengineer, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Too bad this thread died. I look forward to trying this out soon

2. well i am still growing with aquaponics, but no interest in this thread so i stopped poting. my plants are in 4th week of flowering.

3. Ill chk it out. Im very interested in ap grow

4. Did you figure out your aeration prob? These guys who started the thread were messing with fittings that do that

5. I was wondering since yields arent as big in ap grows yet maybe its possible indoor seeds and autos dont work as well. Maybe the bloom cycle needs to run its course?

6. I don't know why everyone thinks yields are less I've been getting yield equal to and often greater then and of higher quality bud than I did in hydro and also chopped out a lot of the over head and hassle all I do is feed fish and watch my girls grow and check ph once in a while but even that has stabalized I'm telling you man this shit is awesome it seems to balance itself out and I havnt had anymore pest or root rot problems like I did in hydro this is the future nothing beets the taste either don't mean to sound like I'm building it up but it is what it is I'm really surprised more hav et hopped on the ban wagon this also has great potential for commercial set ups save a lot of money if it could be brought outdoors.

7. #687 Purehindukush, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013

mind my language but your fucking right.. i havent done anything crazy but feed the fish, which are getting so fat. from small 15 cent fish to massive size. and i haven't had any deficiencies at all. hey when will the buds grow bigger i am in the 5-6 week of flowering. have like 8 cfls in them. both are white widow

8. Mine didn't fatten up till like 6-7 weeks in but I have one really sativa looking bagseed strain that is taking so fucking long it's ridiculous I'm on like week 13 but it looks like some killer stuff

9. ya i really want to start a bigger grow but my homies room mate is fucking him and moving out early. so he might have to leave.

10. Yeah this def the future. Ive done some much research the last few years on everytype of grow out there. Nothin seems to beat the quality you can get from ap. I dont smoke much but if i do i want quality that wont give you a headache or paranoiya.

11. And who can argue fucking growing food and not paying for nutes or very little at that. Not changing water and grow food also!!!

12. #692 Aqua blue, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
    Shamanick, purplehindkush

What soil mix are u running for the duel root system?

I was thinking 1/3 coco 1/3 organic soil mix and 1/3 perlite for top mix and lava rock just to the above water line of the ebb and flow. I was going to use some coco fiber between the soil mix and lava rock to keep the soil from escaping the pot. The pot will only have holes in he bottom so the soil media is forced to breath.

I am also thinking of adding a little organic nute to just to top soil media during flower to boost the P. but not sure if that is nessary. It would be administered in a small amount of water so not much leaches into the fish water.

Any thoughts?

13. I havent read thru this entire thread but wanted to voice an idea, i've been pondering the idea of using aqua. What if u ran a freshwater tank and used a protein skimmer from a saltwater tank, make a bigger collection cup on the skimmer and put the plant in that, some roots could go down into the water/bubble column And others could grow into the cup where u could supplement with nutrients during flower maybe? Has ne1 ever tried this?

14. no you are confused auaponics, is using fish to fertilizer the plant. and you donot discard the water after is runs through the roots. its goes back into fish tank clean or ammonia. the roots act like a filter. this is the same concept as a pond or lake uses not to get stagnant.
    you will have to top off the rez, but you will not use a lot to do that.

15. Has anyone used bioballs for their fish tank?. They hold bacteria. Was wondering how well they may work within the system?

16. im not sure if it would work due to the salt (if im understanding you correctly) but posssibly if you used a plant with a high salt tolerance (such as sea kale or something of that sort)