Aquaponic Cannabis

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by geneticengineer, Oct 4, 2009.

1. #1 geneticengineer, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
    Check out this new grow video on youtube... Aquaponics is the wave of the future!

I made this video in flash and posted to youtube quite some time ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3gQ_OXREo8]YouTube - Aquaponic Cannabis[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. Check out this baby.

Attached Files:

3. Nuts, man. Not too terribly worried about a small amount of water from a bubble bucket polluting the environment, though.

4. I am starting a new grow journal using new krusty bucket technology which has been modified.

5. I will be setting up a new spot come this spring. I intend to use aquaponics, not just because these other nutes are not the best for the environment, but they are not the best for me or the weed either. Keep me posted on any aquaponics op.:wave:

6. A few hundred growers and a little water from a few thousand buckets has a pretty large impact.

And Geneticengineer, that's excellent looking.

7. #7 EatYourYoung, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    I agree Aquaponics is the wave of the future... Right now I am starting out with a fishtank and growing a small herb and veggie garden in my house using the aquaponics meathod from there I will take it to my weed... Right now I know that aquaponics are amazing for the vegitative growth of your cannibus but it just doesn't cut it for the flowering stages because to get really good blooms the nuts needed the fish cannot survive in that high leve of water... but you could take the water from your fish tank and use it to water the plants.... fish poo is great for growing plants!

If anyone sees a great succesfull aquaponics grow system let me know! I am so into this shit!

P.S. check this site out for more info on Aquaponics backyardaquaponics.com

8. Why cant people on this forum see the light. Aquaponics means large amounts of water/nutes to make it work. This equals money and nutes going down the drain when it is time to dump tanks, not mentioning the time involved.

I have watched people on this site using these systems and none can compare to the growth rate i get out of my NFT system. My res gets used up down to one gallon and when i do do the dump (which is not at all that often), its onto the lawn.

I just cant understand the concept, especially when you take into account the price of high quality hydroponic nutrients, to have systems that need large amounts to keep running, then turn around and throw it away every fortnight.

Crazy,Crazy,Crazy,Crazy,Crazy,Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. Yea man, your spot on. I also experiment with other technologies that no one has caught on to. I'll be releasing another video on youtube very soon :)

Attached Files:

• pic2.jpg
      pic2.jpg
      File size:
      541.4 KB
      Views:

10. Hey do you have any pics of this NFT system? Or something written up about your set up?
    Would love to see it! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok. Video will be released in the next couple days. This will showcase very sophisticated technologies.

You can use Aquaponics with any type of system.

I am doing an Aquaponic Grow after I harvest these:

Science experiment

7 foot plants
    suckit buckets (new technology)

Attached Files:

12. Are you saying that if I scramble some shit from my fish tank and put it in an MJ plant it will grow faster?

13. Real nice update man, + rep :cool:

I think all he is saying is that fish waste is a great source of nutes and that the healthier your plants are, the better they perform. :smoke:

14. kind of. the bacteria are critical in the process because they make the fish waste become more absorbable by the plant...

15. #16 geneticengineer, May 14, 2010
    Dude2009 it would not hurt. There are people that use the runoff from their fish tanks as food for their plants. If your system is established you will likely already have the nitrosomonas bacteria in there which break it down to "nitrites" and then finally "nitrates".

This Aquaponic thing is really going to be big. If you like fish and growing good medicine hydroponically it might not be a bad thing to look into. I have a lot of experience and connections with many individuals who are interested in this field. I could tell you that if there were others on here like you that "Grasscity" could likely become the biggest Aquaponic resource for Cannabis growers on the net.

This along with other technologies emerging right now will become standards in the future. I'm working with some talented people right now who understand the need for this kind of work even though its in its early stages.

In the past I have had inferior equipment and resources and I am now working with people who take this seriously.

This type of work is my true passion.

These pictures show my newest Venturi and Siphon Drives which make growing hydroponically easier, less expensive, and give better Oxygen to the root systems.

Attached Files:

16. #17 EatYourYoung, May 14, 2010
    I have a aquaponics system running an herb garden in my living room... I have soil grow for my ganja but when I harvest I will be switching over to a hydroponics bubble bucket system... I would love to go Aquaponics with my ganja but havent found a way to get the plant the nutes during the bloom phase... If you guys have any ideas on getting better aquaponcis during the bloom phase, I am so down.... if not I guess I will have to just stick to growing herbs in the aquaponcis... I will post some pics of it

17. My Aquaponics set up:
    Fish tank
    1 rainbow shark
    1 balloon belly gold fish
    1 african dwarf frog
    10 neon tetras
    3 plecos
    1 clown loach

This tank pumps water to 6 plants located above the fish tank.
    1 strawberry
    1 sweet basil
    1 tomato
    1 banana pepper
    1 rosemerry
    1 dill

in my closet dirt grow I have 5 blueberry which I use the fish take water as the base water and add liquid seaweed to the mix and that how I water my blueberry ganja

18. wow dude thats amazing i would realy like to get into this. if i have another epic harvest i will deffinitely try to start into cause of 100% organics and i love fish! :)
    definately gonna be watching this

19. #20 geneticengineer, May 14, 2010
    eatyouryoung

Awesome man, that is what I'm a talking about. I see your frusteration as it is an issue many have been dealing with including me. Don't let this stop you because there is a solution out there and it needs to be researched.

I have new ideas, new research into this area. I can now use Venturi injectors to inject nutrients into the water being pumped to the growbed at specific rates. Then the water sits in the bed for a period of time, I have not figured out how long that is, and then diverted back to the fish tanks.

This sounds complex but it is not, here is one of brainstorms in progress:

using venturi injector to direct inject nutrients to specific grow beds and drain them at specific rates

I am working with some professionals right now to refine this method. But my experiments which have landed me possible solutions for aquaponics are still underway.