5000w Ebb N Gro Show Part II

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SugarDaddie, Oct 3, 2009.

1. no flushing on this run, as I have too many pheno types, so they all finish at different times. so I just harvest when certain plants are ready.

2. 2lbs per light is easy. just hitting that 3lb per light is a bit tricky. you just need the right mom.

3. Hey bro, I set up the ebb n grow buckets but I was wondering how far from the top should the water come? I measured from the top of the insert bucket to the water and it was about 3.5-4in from the top. Thats without any hydroton in the buckets. I was wondering if the water is coming up high enough in the buckets.

Ps. Hows the ladies looking?

4. that sounds about right. you don't want to rockwool cubes getting wet, or you'll get stem rot. somewhere in this thread is a pictorial of me setting my clones in the hydrotron.

5. Hey man, how are things coming along?

6. things are coming along nicely, i'm in the middle of harvest right now, so my time is used up.

7. Very nice. Can't wait to see how the production ended up.

8. Lets see some inspiration (an arm long cola) lol

9. lookin foward to your update

10. bump for an update

11. Hey whats up sugerdaddie! I just read damn near the entire journal! And you've got your shit on point! An inspiration to a lot of people! You make using flood tables look like a walk in the park man! The bud shots in this journal are just amazing.. Just amazing setup man!!

Cheers man
    ~Buddy J~

12. Been a long time since I checked in with you man. weren't you running choc chunk, or am I way off? I remember you had a choc chunk cross before. anyway your WWxAK47 babys look gooood.

I read further back about your 3 lbs a light. That's hard core. I did 2 rooms with 8k each, that would have been awesome. I got just over 2 per light on the first run and second run was a bit better because i cut down to only 3 strains and added an ac.

13. everything is down, no pics, and I don't have final numbers yet, got a lot of family problems to deal with at the moment, so time to post anything is a luxury.

yield is gonna be around 4-5 lbs, which is very crappy. but should carry me over to the next run, which will be all Blue Mystic, extremely frosty and dense buds, but low-medium yielding. I didn't have a good selection of potential moms to pick from for maximum yield/potency.

I did manage to save a cutting of a kick ass Blackjack, that also produces dense frosty buds, but, time is short for me, no time to wait for her to grow out and produce me 72 clones, so my next run is all gonna be a Blue Mystic, in which i took 70 clones from 2 days ago, to get the next run going!

14. Hey man sorry to hear about the family issues! Hopefully everything is ok! and 4-5 lbs is awesome! I'm really excited to see you grow out that blue mystic. A buddy of mine had 2 blue mystic plants, and they really had a blueish purpleish color to them.. And they tasted fanfuckingtastic!

Cheers
    ~Buddy J~

15. Just caught up on your last two grows, sorry to hear about family issues, but I'll stay tuned for this blue mystic update!

16. Sorry bout the fam issues . Blue Mystic is some good smoke I'll be watchn for sure!
    5lbs is still allot of bud. What do u think brought down the yield from 3lbs a light to 1lb a light?

17. it's next to impossible to get 3lbs per light from seed in hydro since half of them are going to be males., it is possible when doing dirt, you have to grow out a run or 2 to find a good yielding mom worthy of cloning, once you get that special mom. then you can get good yields per light.

If i had done dirt, i would've started off with 140 bags, leaving me with at least 70-80 females when all is said and done. but my hydro set up only allows me to start with 72 seeds. in which half were male, over all hurting my yield, plus the crappy genetics imho.

the next run will be much better, and should put me in the 10-12lb yield range.

in addition, I just got some true landrace seeds direct Afghanistan. so i'm gonna pop some of them beans on my next grow, and cross it with a Blue Mystic, and Black Jack. and see how they turn out.

18. Very very nice man. It will be cool to see a land race strain grown out on GC!

19. My bad, i thought u had mentioned pullin 3lbs a light and i had no clue u started from seed in hydro. I got some hydro goin 5 plants per 1000w with 4 weeks veg from clone. My goal is 2lbs per light but will be happy with 1.5lbs per.

20. on one of my previous grows, i did pull 3lbs per light, but those were all from clone. now, I am starting over from seed. but i'll definitely hit it again in the future.