12 plant Ebb & Gro blueberry x cinderella 99

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dbonics, Oct 2, 2009.

1. There looking amazing bro. I did some research on the water temp thing and I found out alot of people were also saying that 65F is optimal for wair saturation in water. This link kinda shows it differently but its got a bunch of great calculations (if you understand the math) to figure out how much dissolved oxygen is in your water.

Air Solubility in Water if ya wanna check it out

Laters

2. I think the highest I've heard in mist hydro setups is like 11-12ppm I believe.

It's usually at 62 nowadays. But I'll take a look at the link. Arrgh math

3. Update:

pruned the ladies today. Don't worry if the pics startle you! lol

pruned all of the undercuts garbage. Which turned out to be a nice sized pile. (pic included) Also rotated a few of the plants, put the couple biggest ones that had been in the prime locations directly under the lights. Moved them into outside corners and moved those smaller ones into the prime spot. Since it's still early in flowering, I'm gonna give them a chance to catch up to the rest of the canopy.

I also did some more tying branches off to stakes for future bud weight sagging/bending. The canopy if the plants looks funny now with all the pruning and moving/branch tying. But I'm sure within a couple weeks the plant canopy will fill back in nicely. Tons more light penatration into the plant canopy now.

The last pic is the victims of the pruning war

Attached Files:

4. I've always debated pruning the light-deprived parts of the plants. Do we have any controlled experiments to suggest that it is beneficial?

Besides that, great grow, looks very happy. Can't imagine it won't be fantastic smoke.

5. I know everyone doesn't do it. Heck this is the first time in general ghat I've pruned to this extent. But I've Heard from a many variety of sources that it's beneficial. I'm not sure exactly if that translates to a better overall yield. Or it simply gives you a better top set of colas and buds. More dense etc. Or if if leaving all the thin ugly, premature undercuts is better for weight.

We'll see how this goes. I do have an average yield I get out of my setup. Although obviously different genetics and eviromental conditions are also a variable.

I'd have to run the same strain under the most similiar conditions as possible finishing it out both ways

6. I love the Ebb & Gro setups. I'm planning to move out of state next year, and I'm for sure going to space for a kick ass grow room. I want to get a 48 bucket set. I'm watching all the Ebb & Gro's with great interest. ;)

7. #47 1hujikol, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009

I am at a similar point in my grow. I was laughing as I read this thread cause you and I think alike! Anyways did you get an answer to your pruning/trimming question? I tied and stuck all the plants last night and was thinking hmmmmm should I just trim some of these crappy looking lower branches. Really had a hard time finding any info on this topic. Anyways your grow looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop by some time!

Peace and LOVE, Peace and LOVE!!!!!:wave:

8. nice lookin grow

9. Yeah it's hard to find any definitive information on effects/results of pruning the undergrowth. I mean I've read tidbits and articles here and there that say it's better pruning like that. Just not a lot of detail on how it affects harvest weight. I'm sure the colas and tops will grow more dense and whatnot. Who knows!

Yanno it's always a learning experience as ya go. We'll see what the results are at the end. I'll post some fresh pictures shortly. After pruning my canopy is starting to fill back in nicely

10. update:

everything great. It's really starting to stink nicely. Holding ppm at 650 or so.

Day 25 of flowering

Attached Files:

11. Buds are starting to look nice man, keep up the good work.

12. Thanks. The buds are still hella early and all. But they're looking pretty healthy do far.

The next few weeks are gonna be the best part.

13. Damn straight! :D

She looks really healthy so far, really hairy.

14. I am like 7 or 8 days ahead of you. Your plants look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! With out sounding like a complete noob, what exactly is EBB and Gro??????

Peace and love, Peace and LOVE!!!!

15. Nah not sounding like a noob. But it's basically a flood and drain system. It just doesn't use a single flood tray. Instead it fills and drains individual buckets connected to a controller unit.

It's EXTREMELY effecient and easy to use. Etc

here's the link to the system I use
    Discount Hydroponics - Ebb & Gro

16. Thanks allot bro. That looks really cool. I may go that route very soon. Soil is expensive, dirty, and a pain in the %%&&^^ to water!

Peace and love, Peace and LOVE!@!!!!

17. I've been experimenting with pruning for the past few years now. I would never go back to an unkempt bush- I keep my girls like I keep my ladies- bush free!

My rule, as per Lucas, inventor of the Lucas Formula.

before topping in a vegative state cut the bottom 3 pairs of branches (6 total) off the plant, above the next 3 pairs, top the plant leaving 6 main branches.

Wait until no more than 3 weeks into flowering ( I usually do it around 2 weeks in). On the 6 remaining branches, cut the bottom 2- 3 new pairs of offshoots off.

Sounds crazy, looks crazy and takes some serious balls the first time you do it but the results are amazing. Huge nuggets, no larf, so way faster trim time, and better quality, because you will create an even canopy of buds that are all receiving direct light.

This method is part of the true SCROG method. I put hortitrellis across the canopy to support the sheer weight of the buds that will form- I've had many a limb break under the weight. The trellis is nice because you can move each nugget into its own square, thereby allowing greater light penetration.

This is what you need to do to get your grow on a whole new level. I'm currently journaling my 10,000 Watt basement Remodel and perpetual, closed loop grow on another site, Along with another 10,000 Watt Medical grow I was paid to design and execute I'm still in the construction phase, and will be showcasing and documenting all of these techniques.

Lucas made this all possible for me- I've studied his long running forum extensively, and I can't recommend his forum enough- the man is a genius.

Good luck with the grow!

18. Hey dBonics,

I'm curious about your CO2 setup. What type of regulator do you use on your tank? How do you measure your CO2 levels in the room?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking to buy a Growlab tent. The tent that can hold a 3 x 6' tray. The tent will be in a room that won't be receiving much fresh outside air and I'm worried that low CO2 levels will stunt their growth. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to keep the CO2 levels in the tent very high because the CO2 will leak out and be ventilated out. But I could use an air line hung over the plants that allows the CO2 to drift down onto the plants. I've seen that done, but I don't know how much of an improvement I'd see. I just don't want to spend the money on a tank and regulator and find out it's worthless in a tent.:eek:

19. there are a couple ways to measure. But I have a 20lb aluminum tank using a hydrofarm regulator. The regulator cones with a conversion formula on how to dial in co2 levels based on the area.

Or you can buy a semi cheap tester. Uses a plastic syringe that takes an air sample that you push through a glass test tube that tells you the levels

if you're not going to be able to get any fresh air in. And you wanna have good successful crops. I'd def recommend using co2

20. Harvesting tomorrow! Will post some final crop pictures soon!