12 plant Ebb & Gro blueberry x cinderella 99

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dbonics, Oct 2, 2009.

1. #1 dbonics, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009
    cutting clones tomorrow...

Below is a pic from my current strawberry cough about 6 1/2 weeks into flowering. They should finish about week 9 62-65 days
    [​IMG]

I'm running a 12 pot ebb&grow system under two 600watt HPS hortilux bulbs, powered by new lumatek digi ballasts(the models with the super lumen setting)
    I am using c02 outta a 20lb aluminum tank

I'll be cloning in an ez clone 30 under a simple 4ft flouro shop light

this will be my first journal on the site. Used to freq here often but been gone for the last 18 months growing and gaining experience.

I will be detailed throughout this grow so everyone can see exactly how I'm doin it. Not just a journal showing off the growth stages of my buds ;)

subscribe and tune in for more soon...

2. we require pics!

3. Ya there will be. Once I start the new batch. I'll take pics from start to finish.

4. blueberry mixed with c99 sounds amazing.

5. #5 dbonics, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
    Alright and here we start:

I first dumped 5 fresh gallons of R.O. water into my ez cloner.
    Setting the ph of the water to 5.7-5.8

strain is (like the title says) blueberry x cinderella99(c99) from Joey Weed

below is the written description from the seedbank:
    "This is a cross between two powerful and highly popular plants. Blueberry is highly prized for it's distinctive taste and aroma. Cinderella99 is a powerhouse that is easy to grow, easy to clone and finishes in 8 weeks or less. Expect the cross between these two to have all the power of the Cindy high without the paranoia. Look for the distinctive tase of blueberry along with a little of the coloration. I expect the yield to be very good and the buds to be hard and dense. It should finish in 8 weeks or less."

now the clones might look a lil funny to the trained eye, but that's because the mothers were from seeds, I sexed them by budding briefly then reverting back to veg, so there are some small bud leftovers on the plants that obviously is then on the clones.

I took 17 clones, although I'll need only 12 for my system. But I'll take extra just in case. So if I couple dont make it and I'll have a better choice of the 12 I wanna use. I cut stems at 45 degrees and scrapes the bottom half inch of the stem to help encourage root growth. Used clonex rooting gel. Sprayed em down with r.o. water and away we go

Attached Files:

6. #6 dbonics, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Update:

all the clones have small new root nodes beginning to form on the stems. I flushed the mothers before I took cuttings. The results of this means the clones will root faster but also any leftover nutes are used up pretty quickly.

So some slight yellowing started on a few of the clones due to lack of nutes. So I added a bit of flora nova grow nutes (280ppm) to the EZ-cloner rez

Attached Files:

7. #7 dbonics, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    update:

some yellowing progressed on the clones. And a few more clones developed a bit of yellowing. I'm sure it'll clear up as the roots develop and the clones begin to grow.

below is a pic of the current rooting. About 50% of them have great root growth, others are taking there slow ass time.

Attached Files:

8. looking good!! hav
    ing trouble with mine! brownish yellow spots on 1 of them?? any idea??

9. #9 dbonics, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
    That's pretty generalized to really give a good answer. Would need more info.

Update:
    I has a delay rooting out the clones and getting them transplanted over into my system. I spent some additional money and upgraded a bit of my equipment.

Replaced old reflectors with hydrofarm daystar A/C 6" hoods
    hooked to 6" ducting to a 440cfm inline canfan
    constant monitoring tri-meter (ph, ppm, temp) for my Rez
    and a 1/4hp water chiller, maintaining rez temps at 60 degrees

addin some current pics. Clones are only five days into vegging in the system since coming outta the ez cloner. Will go 10 days veg then flip em over

Attached Files:

10. blueberry x cinderella 99... a grow I can relate to. Hardly recognize the names of most strains these days.

When I stopped growing a few years ago, my strains were c99 and Blue Widow. Loved em both for different reasons. The BW was my headstash, where I could smoke and still be somewhat productive. The C99, on the other hand, was great for wrecking my friends.

Crossed them, but the f1's were wildly different , some just like the BW and others were humongous sativas that took forever to finish and had baseball bat like colas that were, unfortunately, very susceptible to bud rot. They'd mold from the inside out.

Anyhow, +rep and subscribed.

11. This is the first time I've grown this cross, have also since learned it's also known by the name Cindy blues. Everything I've read - it sounds like great smoke. Although some crosses/genoms are more stable and consistant than others.

I'd have to say my clones seem to be quite different. Looks like I got the common: some are bushy, some seem as though they'll be taller etc. That's ok though, I'm just lookin forward to the smoke

12. Thats a sweet setup I was actually looking at the ebb and grow systems before i built mine but thats a nice clean setup. How long you going to veg?

13. 10 days total after coming outta the ez cloner. It's kinda a tight squeeze with 12 plants in the space I'm using for flowering (7'x4') roughly. And vegging for ten days in my case is plenty. With my setup, my crops usually triple in size in the first 3 weeks of flowering. Space gets tight real quick.

14. Nice this is Great I will be watching closely because the space is similar to the space i am building for My 600watt I was thinking 4'x10' using 4'x6' for the growing area then down the road making the other 4x4 a veg/clone area with t-5s this way i could do staggered flower rooms with my 600 and my 400 but these things take time right now i just want to get the new 600 up in running so I cant wait I have a chair pulled up Man bring o0n the Buds.

15. I am growing strawberry cough too.(there only seedling atm) Do you suggest topping them? or any other good hints for growing strawberry cough?

16. Looking good mang, cant wait till they start producing

17. Yep flowering of course is the best part. Need fast forward button

18. Jeez wouldnt one of those be clutch... :rolleyes:

19. I like what I'm seeing. I just upgraded to the Super 600W Lumatek but it's still in the box. Does it really seem that much brighter? 20-30% more lumens should be noticeable.

Plz Update your TWEEDER account, w/pic's. :D

20. I prolly only notice maybe a 15% increase using the super lumen setting. I usually only use that setting during the last few weeks of flowering.

And I have recently posted a few updated pictures. It's on the first page, down towards the bottomish