Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

SCROG - Questions on screen and light placement.

• Please log in to reply

Reverend Bud

Reverend Bud

Glorified Man of Action

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
I'm about to start my first grow and I have a few questions about light placement. I'll be using the SCROG method in soil with a 400w HPS light. My screen will be 3 x 4 ft and I'd like to have 6 plants under there. The room is 5 x 6 x 9. I'll be using a carbon filter on a fan to kill the smell before exhausting out a small window.

Question:

How high should the screen be away from the pot?

How high should the 400w light be away from the top of the screen?

Do you raise/adjust the height of the light during the grow or do you keep it the same throughout the grow?

Please help. I've got two growing handbooks but there's not a lot on the SCROG method.

Stangfriik

Stangfriik

• Registered Upgraded
  • 890 posts

I'm about to start my first grow and I have a few questions about light placement. I'll be using the SCROG method in soil with a 400w HPS light. My screen will be 3 x 4 ft and I'd like to have 6 plants under there. The room is 5 x 6 x 9. I'll be using a carbon filter on a fan to kill the smell before exhausting out a small window.

Question:

How high should the screen be away from the pot?

How high should the 400w light be away from the top of the screen?

Do you raise/adjust the height of the light during the grow or do you keep it the same throughout the grow?

Please help. I've got two growing handbooks but there's not a lot on the SCROG method.

I'm no expert but I was planning on doing a scrog for my next grow before plans changed and from all the reading that I did, the screen should be 8" away from the pot.

Light distance is the same with traditional growing but here's a chart for ya. Also to get maximum penetration and absorption, I would raise the lights relative to whatever is the closest you can get them to according to the chart.

One for veg and flower

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users