• by HOLY Roller
  • Oct 01 2009 12:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• HOLY Roller
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

so the cotyledons shriveled up over a period of about a week and I checked on them 2 days ago and the cotyledons were all crispy and shriveled up and I touched them and they fell off.
I was like oh shit what now, well its been two days and the leaves on the seedlings are kind of wilting but its more of a curling downward, and the tips to about 1/3 of the way up each leaf is turning this pale green to a slight yellow at the tips, I see the second set of leaves coming through on one of them and the other plant is still really small. I'd would take some pics but I borrowed my camerae to my sister for her vacation.

should I start giving them nutes because they have no cotyledons to support them, why did they fall off so soon. need help asap please
Replies (4)

• HOLY Roller
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:03 AM

bump....

• Live to learn, Yearn2burn

• OG'er 4rEaleR
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

Alright so its absolutely normal for cotyledon to shrivel and fall but I bet due to your yellow curling tips I think you have Nute burn and/or a PH problem.

What type of soil are you using and have you been keeping track of your water ph?

PS: You shouldn't feed any nutes yet... especially now

• HOLY Roller
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

They are in rockwool cubes right now and I am using RO water with a Ph around 5.8, I need to get a digital Ph meter, fuckin liquid test kit sucks so much but I haven't got the money to get one they are so damn expensive, thanks for the help though. so I shouldn't give them nutrients, just water?

the thing with the cotyledons falling off is I have seen plants that have their 3rd or 4th leaf sets and they still have the cotyledons on them, mine barley have a 2nd set, is that normal?

• Twiggy

• WhobeBoo
  • Silver Member
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved