How to tell between 14.5 mm / 18.8mm

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by folied, Sep 28, 2009.

1. My bong isn't the best bong (paid 40$ on GC) but it has a ice chamber and it makes the hits extra smooth. I was thinking about buying an ash catcher to enhance the smoothness even more.

But on GC it doesn't list the bong as being 14.5 mm or 18.8mm.. Is there a way I can tell? I don't have a ruler with MM on it only inches

Glass icebong - Dutch - Grasscity.com

thats the bong

It rips so nice would totally recommend.. now I want to put an ash catcher on it

2. Print one off the internetzs

3. post an upclose pic of the joint.

if you can't, then put your pinky in it. if your whole pinky fits, it's 18.8 or you have some smallass hands.

4. i can fit my pinky in a 14.5mm, it's not that small.

but you wont be able to fit your thumb in a 14.5mm, the 18.8mm you will be able too.

5. 14.5 MM or 18.8? Got pics for you guys. Also do ash catchers even improve the smoke smoothness much? Even if it doesn't I still want one cause I think they look awesome.

Attached Files:

6. most definately 14.5

and depending on the ashcatcher you get, the hit is smoother. a one-piece wont really do much outside of catch ash, but an inline will make the hit 100x smoother.

7. Agreed

8. i hav a question is 14.5 and 18.8 like the only size joints or just the most common or what

9. definitely 14.5 because the downstem is skinny.

10. 14.5 and 18.8 are the two standard sizes for glass on glass joints

11. roor and a few other companies make joints larger than 18mm roor has 29.2mm joint... they typically put larger joints on higher volume pieces for a smoother more even pull. more airflow more volume. makes larger pieces easier to clear... your piece is a 14.5. id either get an inline or a perced a/c... both will make it hit so much smoother.