Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old school strains - Where are you??? Acapulco Gold, Pananma Red, Columbian...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FreeMJ, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Absolutely, and INSANELY so.
    In fact...a sad fact at that, today we have a considerable amount of unfortunate users succumbing to psychotic episodes, and in some cases, a permanent slide into schizophrenia, as a result of smoking super high THC weed, in the absence of balancing levels of CBD.
    I know these folks are more susceptible to schizophrenia...but they would never sign on for a guaranteed trip to mental hell and a ruined life if they knew it was a possibility.
    This is not scaremongering. THC is very potent. CBD mediated it's many actions, as well as enhancing the serene quality of pot.
    There is only so much depletion and stimulation any brain can take. For those with a predisposition to Schizophrenia, most of today's pot is BAD news.
    Just like a susceptibility to diabetes makes being overweight and wolfing down pizzas and candy bars a very bad move.
    Just stating the truth here, even if it HURTS.

2. If that hippy stops smoking, he'll likely say " holy crap, this new stuff is awful!

You can only improve on mother nature so much.
    Today's pot is severely unbalanced. I am both old enough, and young enough (and hip to the scientific facts and realities) to know.
    But when money, a white-knuckle high and bang for the buck are all that rules, what would I expect.
    Seriously, I envy you, if you dig the super potent stuff. I wish I could take it, and I'm glad you enjoy it. But, respectfully, experience has it's place. Some of us know.
    Thanks.

3. I think I'm just not able to handle such high THC in the absence of adequate mediating levels of CBD. I wonder what an assay of your favorite weed would look like?
    Let me know if you know
    Thanks!

4. Dude, you made total sense!
    Thanks (to all of you fro bearing the brunt of my angry rant about all the hyped-up pot these days).
    See, I NEED good medicine. I need pain relief, terribly. And I'm sensitive to drugs, prescription, or otherwise. So when I smoke what friends give me these days, it's a real crap shoot. Often it makes me hurt worse- and for a long time, too. Judging from the chemical assays of strains, it's an easy bet that this is due to High THC/ Low CBD.

So thanks again, all, I mean no harm.
    I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised to find so many well-spoken, intelligent folks on a pot forum. Actually, I've gotten better info. here than at the gobs of dispensaries- and even some of the pot docs here in Colorado. They're in it for the money, you know?
    PS: can you, or anyone here, recommend a good strain for someone who wants to relieve pain and spasticity, (someone who actually hurts MORE when smoking high THC stuff)?
    Much appreciated...I'm getting my card, and I will soon be shopping at dispensaries...sadly, most of them are just stoners with little care for medicine.
    Again, truth hurts.

5. im sure bad people back in your day smoked as well. Catching a buzz is a great feeling and im sure some of even the most terrible of people indeed burned in "the good old days". Weeds just great, im not supprised at the number of users rising everyday lol

6. you could probably find some pure landrace seeds.

7. And how exactly would one go about doing that? :confused::confused:

8. what is a landrace sativa anyway?

9. The areas where that weed originally came from still has those seeds. Afghanistan, Columbia, Acapulco, Malawi, India, etc. Watch "Strain Hunters" on youtube, those guys are tracking down the original strains, and bringing them back.

10. lol every time i try to talk to my dad about bud, he always brings up this Acapulco Gold :p

11. High CBD Marijuana Strains at Harborside Health Center

So basically you want weed without the high?

12. no he wants weed that does not make him feel like paranoid schizophrenic when he smokes it. he would rather a nice mellow body high, instead of feeling like he ate an entire sheet of acid before exhaling the first drag from a joint.

13. i'll wager that your mistaken :)

14. #54 Psilocin420, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    Not tryin to be a dick and some of you may have seen this pic, its what weed looked like in the 60/70s and you can see the names if you look close, theres better pics somewhere but I cant find em. Anyways, Im pretty sure the pictures speak for themselves.[​IMG]

Edit: I just saw this thread a few below this one, acapulco gold is in the first pic in this thread, and it doesnt look so good to me, extremely leafy and schwaggy http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/425103-60s-hippie-weed.html

15. No, it's not any more potent. There just was little access to potent well grown strains in the past. High potency cannabis is just far more readily available now.

The landrace strains are still out there and still every bit as good when well grown and cured as they were in the latter half the the 70's when I started growing and smoking.

EDIT: Oh and high THC to CBD ratios aren't always a good thing. CBD as well as other cannabinoids have tons of medical and recreational benefits/effects.

16. how do the pics speak for themselves?

17. big bambu cheech and chong is the record those papers are almost extinct

18. I'm only in my early 40's but I got to catch the tail end of the import era and your neighbor is right.

I also live not far from Pittsburgh, but I'm sure I don't know him. We growers are a secretive lot, at least those of us who never sell or distribute such as myself.

19. I don't know what weed your smoking or what it is laced with. I've never seen or heard of weed giving an acid like trip. Pop a tab of acid and then tell me you can compare it to weed, I highly doubt that would ever happen. This is coming from someone who has been spooked by smoking too much, but it has NEVER ever given me schizophrenic symptoms nor paranoia of being caught. I've been scared as to "holy shit I've got too high and have to wait it out kind of fear" but then again I didn't know my limits at the time. If I ever heard voices coming out of the walls I don't think I'd ever smoke a joint again but this is simply not the case. Show me evidence that marijuana is the ROOT cause of schizophrenia. If you have schizophrenia or some sort of mental illness then I advise not smoking period. Otherwise enjoy. Drugs affect people differently and I am no judge as to what it can or cannot do to any one individual.

20. If you want a mellow buzz and not get freaked out, then buy crap.