Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell your parents you smoke Cannabis.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LonelyPlanetBoy, Sep 23, 2009.

1. I told my mom when we had stayed up late talking about my sister who had recently been in a lot of trouble with my parents. I have been the "good" child, not causing too much drama for my parents, but still doing what I wanted to do. I told my mom I drank and smoked, and she wasn't bothered by it at all, she told me to make sure I was safe when I did it. That's the big thing between me and my parents, I will tell them that I'll be back later or tomorrow, whatever is safest and they know I'm responsible enough to not drive (even though I love driving high) when not sober.

My recommendation is that if you want to tell your parents, and you think they'll understand, wait until one of your siblings is in big trouble with your parents and tell them then. Hopefully their stress will not empty out on you and they will be ok with it.

2. Same with my father. I walk in and he's holding a breath in with a bong in hand saying "wanta hit?"

3. My mom found out the hard way lol. She had to pick me up from a police station 1 hour away from home at 1 am, and keep in mind, that my mom is a 100% hispanic religious mother (pentecostal), who has never done any drugs or alcohol ever in her life. Ever since then our relation has been up and down, I try to explain to her that 'it' wasn't bad but sometimes i get frustrated and it gets heated. I had to talk to her because she did not trust me nor my fiends anymore, she thought that I was a druggy who was just out in the streets doing bad crap. But in reality I was just hanging out with friends before they left to college, just trying to enjoy our last few months before winter break. We also would never smoke all the time 24/7. Sure there where times where we did do it frequently but the majority of the time we were either hanging out at the beach, chilling at a friends house, or playing SSB on the wii in my friends pool house. IT took a while but she finally let me out of the house but was obviously still being 'jumpy' about the situation. At first she took it the wrong way and starting saying some crazy stuff like I was going to be kicked out and stuff but I wasn't taking her seriously.

2-3 months after we still had petty arguments over nothing, it was as if she wanted to find an excuse to yell or complain. I told her that it was kind of getting bothersome that she keeps on trying to find problems. But she strongly believed that there was no point in me smoking weed because I'm healthy and have a good life so i shouldn't have been needing to be using it because you will get addicted to it. No matter how much i try to explain that I am doing fine and that it doesnt have a negative impact in my live, she still wont believe me. I got a job, worked long hours, got my own bank account, and i kept the house clean and had my life in control. She claimed that she didn't believed in anything i Said because she knew what she saw, the night when I was detained. She told me that the way i looked, made her believe that i was going down a wrong path. But what she didnt know was that I was also shitfaced, I was detained after a party we threw for our friend who was leaving in a few days. The only reason why we we're detained was because we were walking down the street crossed faded. There was no side walk so we had to walk and wait until our uber came but the cops did before. They smelled the alcohol on us and noticed my friend had a full beer can in his hand. He id'd us and we were underage, so he called for back up and we ended up in the police station where i confessed that i had around .4-.5 grams of weed on me. Thats when my parents had to come and pick me up.

Because of what happened she believes that smoking weed will lead me into bad paths. But after a while, I started to believe that she didn't understand or see the big picture. I had a hunch that she believed that I only started smoking recently and that she did not know that I was also drinking that same night. I knew that didn't make it ok but she probably didn't know the other part. Another thing that i began realizing is that she never found out that I started drinking and smoking around the end of sophomore summer. I was extremely clever and she never found out that I was at parties. But I don't drink as often as I did like any stupid senior high school year, those where the times when we looked for parties on weekends or had a chill night drinking. But once that passed, I drank less and less frequently. I'm not necceseraly saying that I wont drink ever again, but I wont be craving for that party to get wasted. The reason why i didn't stop smoking like drinking, was because i knew that smoking marijuana was not as harmful as drinking alcohol or any other drugs out there. It does have some downsides and risk, but so does anything in this world. People can die by overdosing on over the counter drugs, it can cause addiction, and lead to death in some extreme cases. Yet there hasn't been a single recorded on someone dying of a THC over dose. Yes someone may go to the hospital for greening out for smoking/eating to much but thats because of low self control and don't know their limits. It's the same thing as drinking, except this can actually kill you if you drink too much. There was a video where i saw that people in colorado where dying because they overdosed on pills while smoking. First of all, the pills is what killed him, the joint that they smoked didn't do anything bad other than prob making them hungry. It's all a mental game, you have to control your own life, you cant let the weed control you. Once you see yourself doing crazier drugs then thats when you failed to control it.

I am a strong believer that if we legalized marijuana and make it available for research, we will began to fully understand the true benefits and down sides (if any) to this drug. Its unfair that people get thrown into jail just because of a little j that they had in their pockets. In the meantime, I try avoiding smoking at my house, asking my mom for money, and not coming home smelling like bud. And to all those who are currently in a pickle, don't panic and try to explain in a cool headed manner because i know how easy it is to call everyone ignorant. Just try not to get your parents mad for any other reason and be a responsible person. And if you're over 18, save up money and make friends who are willing to rent rooms. Try to get our of your parents house! (lol its harder than it seems so don't rely on that)

4. Just light them up.. right after they finished doing the horizontal lambada...:volcano:

5. Whatever happened to the good ole days... mom picks up your clothes to do laundry empties pockets finds zig zags or she finds your friends stash at your house or she finds where you hide your pipe (waterbeds were great for hiding things)

6. My situation is weird but in a sense funny...

Woke up one morning and after coffee my parents decided to go have a shower, so i thought cool, I'd grab a wake and bake. See both my parents know i smoke so i didn't put my bag away, left it on my table. 10 min later my dad comes to me and tells me i should hide my stash so mom doesn't find it Coz she will freak...........

Yes, dad knows i blaze, mom knows i blaze ( i make her canabis tee every now and again for her back pain ) but dad doesn't know that mom knows and visa versa.

I'm going to keep it that way to see how long it will take them to discuss the topic and realize haha. I find this situation to be very interesting .