So be honest, How long do you wait after harvest...?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by firebud454, Sep 19, 2009.

1. So I was kind of wondering this lately...

How long do people (on GC) wait after they harvest until they smoke up their bud?

I am interested to see the results of this poll...

Stay lifted!:smoking:

2. #2 YoSmokinMan, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
    I'll smoke a sample nug before it's jared. Then another in ~two weeks, and so on.

I voted 2 months.

3. As long as it lasts...starting from the day it's picked.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is turning out to be pretty interesting so far. At the moment: 1 vote for right of the plant, 5 votes for a week of drying, 5 votes for adding a week or two of curing, and 6 votes for a month of curing. (and 1 vote for 2 months cure). Its so close it's hard to decide which one to choose.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I will wait until it is properly dried 5-7 days. from there I smoke from it while the curing process is ongoing.

6. Thats like asking:
    If you had a 100 bucks in the bank, how long would you starve, before taking money out and loss interest on it?

7. okay I've stored nugs 17+ weeks and admitted its better than when I picked it, but I'll still pick it right off the plant microwave on low for a few seconds and then throw it into a joint.. It's too hard not to.

8. As soon as the nugs are crispy on the outside and ready to be picked off the stems, I'll smoke it. About four days drying or so.

It definitely gets better over the next couple weeks, though.

9. I had voted earlier, about a week, maybe two, I like to test them though =]

10. All of the above?

I will sample small tertiary buds as the plants get close, so I guess I'm smoking right off the plant. I usually harvest them one at a time because you can only smoke so much of the gunk that sticks to the scissors before you are not really able to focus on trimming anymore, so again I'm smoking right off the plant. Then I hang it to dry and once the stems break I usually toss most of it in a big jar and cure it for at least a couple of weeks, but usually over a month, I also generally stash a few buds of each plant in baby food jars so that I can have a smokeable stash of every different strain I have without having to go muck with opening the curing jars.

But that is just me :smoke:

11. FOR YOUR INITAL HARVEST 10-15 DAYS AT FIRST.AT THIS TIME ITS PERFECTLY FINE TO START SMOKING YOUR PRODUCT.

HOWEVER ,DEPENDING ON YOUR PLATS SPECIES OF CANNABIS,THE POST CURING PROCESS CAN VARY DRASTICALLY DEPENDING ON THE PLANTS THC/OIL VOLUME CONTENT.

MANY INDICA STRAINS CAN TAKE LONGER TO POST CURE THEN THE MAJORITY OF SATIVAS.

GLASS JAR STORAGING FROM TWO WEEKS-ONE MONTH ,WITH PERIODIC FLOWER AIR-ATING WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE THE FINEST AND SMOOTHEST SMOKE AS POSSIBLE.

YouTube - danocean111213's Channel

PEACE ,SINC,JAY

PRO CANNABIS ADVOCATE/BONSAI CANNABIS BOTANY/ARTISAN/PHOTOGRAPHER

Attached Files: