Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Cleaning glass pipes with rubbing alcohol and salt

• Please log in to reply

Brumac

Brumac

• Registered Upgraded
  • 867 posts
My dealer told me the best way to clean glass pipes/bowls/bongs is rubbing alcohol and salt. I put three of my glass pipes in a ziplock bag with rubbing alcohol and salt, shook it around and after 20 minutes those fuckers were spotless! I rinsed and dried them and they all look brand spanking new. Anyone else try this?

Necrostophelies

Necrostophelies

R.I.P. gramps

• Registered Upgraded
  • 612 posts
if you put all 3 in the bag at once ill say thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard...

if you did them seperately then yea it works fine but not as good as the commercial cleaners head shops sell

Brumac

Brumac

• Registered Upgraded
  • 867 posts

if you put all 3 in the bag at once ill say thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard...

if you did them seperately then yea it works fine but not as good as the commercial cleaners head shops sell

Um, of course I did them all separately, and the fact you even ask is ridiculous, but I guess I am posting in the Apprentice forum.

Gatorboi117

Gatorboi117

NO U

• Registered Upgraded
  • 698 posts
LOL! That was funny.

Necrostophelies

Necrostophelies

R.I.P. gramps

• Registered Upgraded
  • 612 posts

Um, of course I did them all separately, and the fact you even ask is ridiculous, but I guess I am posting in the Apprentice forum.

indeed you are

420 iz bakk

420 iz bakk

Registered Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 149 posts
havent done that yet, but sounds perfect! but ill prob wait to get some good before i do that (i dont want reg in a clean pipe)
but whats the percentage of each? 80% alcohol, 20% salt etc.

Pseudonym001

Pseudonym001

• Registered Upgraded
  • 312 posts
I usually just scrape my pipes, so I've never actually tried that. A few of my friends have and they say it works great, you just have to rinse it off really well.

AUD1OSlave

AUD1OSlave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 211 posts
all my friends just use rubbing alcohol and no salt

works wonders

provin1327

provin1327

Gold Member

• Old School
  • 1,788 posts
Simple green works great too, rubbing alcohol and salt leaves your piece tasting, and smelling like shit.

AUD1OSlave

AUD1OSlave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 211 posts

Simple green works great too, rubbing alcohol and salt leaves your piece tasting, and smelling like shit.

after you use the rubbing alcohol you wash the shit out of it with warm water

then let dry out

its like its brand new dude

yyoungstunnaa

yyoungstunnaa

Dude that's dank...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts
dude just emerse your glass in the alcohol,then fill it with enough salt where it stops dissolving. like, shake it up and see if you can still see salt; make sure there's a pretty good amount. it works real well for me, just rinse with hot water, good to go.

Pj1008

Pj1008

• Registered Upgraded
  • 431 posts

havent done that yet, but sounds perfect! but ill prob wait to get some good before i do that (i dont want reg in a clean pipe)
but whats the percentage of each? 80% alcohol, 20% salt etc.

Enough salt to cover the piece and enough alcohol to cover the salt (a little extra so its kinda watery) shake it up for a good amount of time and rince really well.

provin1327

provin1327

Gold Member

• Old School
  • 1,788 posts

after you use the rubbing alcohol you wash the shit out of it with warm water

then let dry out

its like its brand new dude

Trust me i've done it before. It still smells and tastes like salt and rubbing alcohol.

TheCareGiver

TheCareGiver

• Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts
-I personally don't like to use salt with the wash but that's just me, as much as i hate to do it, you can still smoke the resin after the iso, or proper solvent wash is all evaporated.

Trust me i've done it before. It still smells and tastes like salt and rubbing alcohol.

-I would try boiling it in water then if possible, or just even hot water from the faucet, ours gets hot enough, run it through and you should start seeing resin pieces come out.

Wake&Bake

Wake&Bake

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

If that's the case, you must have not rinsed it out well enough. This is how I've cleaned every piece I've ever owned, and I've never tasted even a hint of salt or alcohol on the first bowl in a clean piece. Just make sure to rinse for a long time. When you think you've rinsed it so much that there couldn't possibly be any traces of alcohol or salt left, rinse it some more. :D

Yamato

Yamato

On the moon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 273 posts
Hehe, yeah. I LOVE how clean my bong or pipe looks after doing this, makes me feel like it's the day I bought them

provin1327

provin1327

Gold Member

• Old School
  • 1,788 posts

-I personally don't like to use salt with the wash but that's just me, as much as i hate to do it, you can still smoke the resin after the iso, or proper solvent wash is all evaporated.

-I would try boiling it in water then if possible, or just even hot water from the faucet, ours gets hot enough, run it through and you should start seeing resin pieces come out.

Boiling water is bad for glass, makes it brittle

If that's the case, you must have not rinsed it out well enough. This is how I've cleaned every piece I've ever owned, and I've never tasted even a hint of salt or alcohol on the first bowl in a clean piece. Just make sure to rinse for a long time. When you think you've rinsed it so much that there couldn't possibly be any traces of alcohol or salt left, rinse it some more. :D

Hmm maby i'll try to wash it out, or better yet use simple green because it's way cheaper :P

TheCareGiver

TheCareGiver

• Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts

Boiling water is bad for glass, makes it brittle

sorry I guess I miss spoke, doesn't have to be to the point where you are weakening the glass, simply just hot water from the faucet does wonders as well. But I do see your point, lol thank you! I will keep that in mind. I actually use a lot of pipe stone for my pipes. -they can take a ton of heat.

Draaa

Draaa

The black girl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,225 posts
Good to know. Id rather do this rather than buying 420 solution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users