1st Journal, Big Buddha Cheese

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by edwardvanhalen, Sep 11, 2009.

1. any idea about how much yield this is

2. :hello:VERY NICE PULL !!!:hello:
    That looks great, good luck curing.

Its good to have air circulating in the room but not blowing on the buds

Buzz posted a good article on drying & curing on my old thread.
    I cant figure out how to link it so I'll paste it here...sorry for the long post but I hope this helps ya.
    Re: WW 1st grow in Texas Heat
    Here ya go 77, no one should be able to argue with this. Compliments of Nugglord. ;)

DRYING

The drying process precedes the final harvesting stage of curing. Drying is simply the act of removing the excess water from the cannabis. Leave the buds on the stems and hang each individual branch on a string or hanger of some sort. It's best to dry the buds in a place that has indirect lighting and adequate air circulation.

A fan is good to have in the room, but don't point it directly at the hanging buds. Allow the buds to dry until they're crisp on the outside and the stems are still pliable. Because the stems contains so much residual moisture, it's best at this time to remove the buds and place them in a large bowl or on a screen tray. Hanging and drying time will vary due to climate and humidity.

When buds dry slowly, it makes for a smoother cure. If buds are dried too quickly, a harsher smoke could result. With slowly dried buds, the humidity remains closer to the humidity inside the stomata. If cannabis is dried to rapidly, the "green" taste will remain in the final product.

Drying times are usually from five to ten days; it varies according to the temperature and type of heat in your home, as well as the ambient humidity, airflow and the density of your buds.

CURING

Cannabis continues to cure after it's harvested, while it's drying and even after it's put in a jar. Just like a fine wine or gourmet coffee beans, marijuana needs to be cured to achieve the rich, smooth, robust taste that lingers on your palate and in your brain. During the curing period, the cannabinoid, and the terpenes will isomerize to create new polyterpenes.

Just as with any other fruit, when cannabis is harvested, the fruit or bud isn't dead; it continues to metabolize. Pick a tomato from your garden while it's still partially green and set it on a windowsill; it'll continue to ripen for days. The same is true of a fresh banana. As the banana ages, the peel will turn a darker yellow, and the fruit inside will become softer and have a sweeter flavor. The more robust flavors and tantalizing fragrances of cannabis begin to appear as the chlorophyll and other pigments break down.

>>>>When the small stems that remain under the buds are dry enough to snap, and the buds themselves are dry enough to smoke, it's time to begin the final curing process. Make sure your cannabis is completely dry before putting it in a sealed jar or container. Sealing wet cannabis in a jar or container will result in mold, rendering the weed unsafe to smoke.<<<<<<<

Use glass canning jars (i.e., Mason, Ball or Kerr) to cure and store your finished product. Freezer bags can also be used for storing cannabis, but glass is always preferred. Don't store your cannabis in sandwich bags or anything made of a similar plastic; the buds will become too dry and lose potency.

It's important to open the jars occasionally to let in oxygen needed for the curing process, as well as to allow gases built up from the curing process to escape. During the first three days of curing, I open the jars once a day. After that, open your jars twice a week for two weeks, then once more after the first month. At this point, the curing process is basically complete, but the buds will continue to mature and acquire more delicate flavors with time if stored properly.

Store your jarred, cured cannabis in a cool, dark place to help slow the breakdown of the cannabinoids. Although cannabis needs oxygen through the metabolizing/curing stage, at this point oxygen will have an adverse effect on the already-cured cannabis, since it causes the breakdown of THC into CBN.

The implementation of the simple steps listed above will make your dank a legend among your friends. Imagine their surprise when you break out some buds from a three-year-old harvest and they smoke and taste better than ever. There's no limit to the superb qualities of aged cannabis when it's properly dried, well cured and suitably stored.
    \t\t\t\t__________________
    Quote:
    \t\t\t\t\tOriginally Posted by myles117 [​IMG]
    My poor lil brains been warped and played with by buzz.....

\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\tLast edited by BuzzLightOne; Yesterday at 09:24 PM. \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t

3. hey thanks man i read that whole thing and it makes sense
    my buds dried too fast the last plant i had and i think it was because of all the air circulation.
    I didnt have a fan blowing directly on the buds, the fan was pointed to the bottom corner of the box so air would move around.

so this time im thinkin i have enough air circulation in my room, but im not sure.

4. #324 Ignatz451, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    Congrats, Ed!:hello:

As always, you plants/buds look great!

Do you have a scale?
    Hard to guess weight, as I'm not sure if there are multiple pics of the same buds.

I'll guess that you have a little under 3 oz. dried. Just a guess.

You don't need a fan blowing ON them, just make sure the air isn't totally stagnant.

5. thanks man, i appreciate it
    im hopin i get over 2 ounces that would be great
    yeah im just gonna have the fan on sometimes
    thanks again man

6. The crowd is going wild chanting....

:hello:BUDKINI:hello:

7. ok guys, im doin the budkini in a new thread in about a half hour so i can name it budkini, haha
    so i will give you guys the link
    it will be in the general marijuana section
    peace

8. hey man i know you from rollitup i think, nice grow!

9. thanks man, yeah you prolly recognize my name haha

10. Holy fuck bro! its been too long since i've seen your plants... I have decided to grow some Big Buddha Cheese as well as some Chiesel, a friend and I just picked up some seeds while in Amsterdam last month and we actually got to meet mr Big Buddha, he hooked it up with some Blue Cheese for purchasing the seeds and I got to say man I can fucking wait!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. hey man do i know you haha, i dont recognize your name
    holy shit its mr buddha himself, thats so awesome man
    you actually got to meet him
    i wish i could go to amsterdam

12. Awesome harvest man! That stuff looks great! :cool:

13. ya its still dryin a little in her closet right now
    after its all dry ill get a weight and show some pics of the dry bud

14. Its like you got high and forgot right? Or at least thats what happen when I finished drying my weed... I lost track of everything until I ran out lol :smoking:

15. hey guys... firstly nice thread.
    i couldnt help being the quiet listener, especially as HERE im on the new growers forum

firstly, im NO NEW GROWER, i been on dis bitch for about 12 yrs and been mostly organic for about 6 yrs now.

i grow MOST CHEESE EXTENISVLEY and to some am known locally as that Cheesy Bastard!

that being said i would love to divulge some VERY VERY helpful information abotu growing BIG BUDDA BLUE CHEESE (this method seems to work BEst on big buddas version)

Its ALL ABOUT MOLLASSES TO START WITH - let us NOT shit ourselves here. growers NOT using mollases and readin ggood stuff and STILL not using, are simply MISSING OUT HORRIBLY or MAJOR MAJOR TRICH FORMATION

also, lets put down the bat guano a minite and try DRY CHICKEN PELLETS (shite)

becuase for this particular cheese, ive tried many different tests and have amassed a WHOLE BIBLE worth of illegal knowledge which i have accumulated over 5 yrs of messing with the BLUE (cheese)

different techiniques can INFACT bring out different traits of the terpine content which has nothing to do with phenos!

my mates have tried growing 'theyr own special way'which and NONE of them can make theyr CHEESE AS ZINGY, EARTHY, MUSKY FUCK YOUR FACE PENG come through likes yours truly can.

the one moment i decided to play with auto riders i ran into mad problems as i had no choice bu tto grow this summer in the asty heatwave which really fuckked up two crops side by side!

use chicken pellets in ur base, and 3 servings of ACT thorugh the plants life, by using very small amounts of chicken pellets, mollasses,worm casts, b vits/trace elz, a good compost, a dashof blood n bone meal

doing it in this manner gives such a bastard PENG to this cheese it almost seems FAKE.
    everybody who smokes the blue cheese in my town look at my chees once and STEP BACK in AWE!

so, use mollasses, TOP YOUR CHEESE PLANTS WHEN VERY YOUNG!!!
    lollipop them in the first few days of flowering, then LEAVE EM

do NOT PRUNE anything unless absolute necessary or if ur lollipoppi
    Big budda blue cheese is at its best around week 10! not 8, not 9! about 10

FURTHER PROOF OF MY CHEESY BASTARD REMEDIES ARE ACTAULLY BEING ACCUMULATED WHILS I TYPE THI COMMENT and im smoking some right now which is hwyi im miss typing some lettrrs butt can tbe assed ot go back space.

bless, one lve, and SHMOKE DAT SHIT

USE CHICKEN PELLES FOR BIG BUDDA CHEESE! AND WATCH THEM FLAVENOIDS GO MAD!
    [/B]

16. Dude this thread is a coule years old. Peace

17. that depends on what your trying to point out? what so this thread means absolutley nothing for other growers?

or maybe we all read these comments when theyr posted.?
    come on dude, grow up a bit.what does when this was written got ANYTHING to do with tom dick and harry wanting to grow blue cheese?
    a silly thing to point out, but i thought id correct u

time span = DONT MEAN SHIT.

I STILL GROW CHEESE
    SO AM ALWAYS RESEARCHING

thanks

18. You're welcome now get the fuck ot of my thread.

19. Time is irrelevant. I'm reading this tread today as research on the BBBC strain. Smoke a bowl and don't be a bastard to peeps even if they post to your thread a year or two after you are "done" with it.:(

20. Ya that was awhile ago and I was being a dick. I wish ppl could see these plants that help me today because everybody tells me to get an hps or led to get a good plant. These plants were all grown with cfl's and look how great they turned out to be. They were also very potent. Peace bra