Stems turning purple in hot weather?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by screwstoned, Sep 11, 2009.

1. So this week all the stems that are growing off the corner of the main stem and the stems holding the leafs (if that makes sense, I don't know the technical word for this) started turning purple. And it is definitely not from being too cold, because it is in my attic, in houston, texas, where it is hot as hell. Anyone seen this before?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. No worries with the purple. Perfectly normal.

3. You say no worries but of curiosity I have a Armageddon plant who stems are also turning purple but what makes mine strange is it's only on the side of the stem facing the light. Any ideas why it may do this? All other conditions seem good other wise.

4. You armageddon seed may have been a unstable f-1 or f-2 progeny that was thrown in with the rest of the seeds you got. Ive had this happen to me with bagseed that i got where half the plant turned a splotchy purple while the other half remained normal green. Its all in the genes, you have nothing to worry about.

5. The reason for the stems turning purple is simple...Early nitrogen Def starting...increase your dosage a little and it should clear up...mine did the same...when they transitioned into flowering