Fuck Nostradamus..

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by neff, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Okay, so first of all I use to believe that Nostradamus is very skilled in being able to predict the future, so long ago. But let's get real people, he is a QUACK. I'm currently watching this Nostradamus thing on the History channel.. and I'm so flabbergasted that the people trying to back him up actually believe this!

Every prophicy or 'quatran' that is show on this show is rediculously vague. Does anyone else agree? Like it seems that these quatrans can be fufilled by almost any decade since Nostradamus. They are way too vague to actually predict anything, and all of the people trying to explain these quatrans obviously searched for any event in time that somewhat resembles the quatran.. but never says anything specific about the event that is going to be told.

AND IF he actually is able to predict the future, why are we unable to dicipher these quatrans BEFORE they actually happen?

Sorry I just think that everyone believes this guy is rediculous, too vague, and the amount of time that has passed since him, it was only a matter of time until ONE event ONE day in the rest of time, matches his predictions...

Thoughts?

2. Most shows I've seen on Nosty give the skeptics side as well. I agree with you, but people have believed dumber shit.

3. I saw this too! Did you notice how he went off on several walking trips for long times, looking for new herbs?
    And then he locked himself into a room at night & got high by himself on his herbal water recipes?
    I would not call him a quack, even for his time he was out there, but his predictions only work when you back trace them not on a future prediction basis. But it is still some interesting reading!
    Something to talk about....

4. Fuck the bible code also....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79uaP_Kx6E"]YouTube - Amazing Bible Code Predictions ( ;[/ame]

5. I'm not saying that he could really predict the future, but if you predict it and tell everyone what's going to happen people are bound to try and change it, and if people change it then your prophecy won't come true simply because you foretold it. That is supposedly why he wrote them in such a vague way.

6. I don't think that anyone can predict the future.
    However Nostradamus's views shouldn't be viewed as completely false.
    As in the matter that there have already been two of his fortold "antichrists"
    I dont neccisarily believe it, just the fact that it shouldn't be completely disregarded is on the table.

7. what it comes down to is his knowledge of human behavior.he was able to predict what would happen based on behavioral patterns.it isn't really that hard to do,i do it all the time.:smoking:

o btw,i also been watch that Nostradamus thing on the History channel ,hahaha

8. Maybe we as a society have misinterpreted entirely his writings. What if his writings were not prophetic of the future but simply an analysis of the human condition and what he "foresaw" was to become a result of the way we treat each other and how intolerant we are of others views (I use we and us as a collective). He uses "New city" which everyone seems to think means New York City but maybe it is just a general term attached to new societies and new groups, new political parties and activists who could not succeed in a culture so ignorant and narrow minded and would simply go up in flames.

Basically, I see no way for anyone to predict the future but someone who spends their lives analyzing the human race could easily foresee all the things we'd wind up doing to eachother and maybe that was Nostradamus in a nut shell. An analysis of the human condition and the results of our behaviour.

He's now a figment of the past and those that are the easiest to fool will dwell on what he wrote but anyone who really want's to "see into the future" have to look at their actions today and be accountable for their own future. If you're foolish enough to rely on the prophecy of a dead man to live your life, so be it but if you are always looking in the past you won't see what's ahead, if you're always looking into the future you won't cherish what you have now and that would be the greatest loss of all.

Nostradamus was an interesting figure and he won't disappear but we have to simply ignore the "dooms day" Nostradamus fundamentalists and live for ourselves. That's all I can really say on this, I suppose.