nostradamus

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheLizardKing__, Sep 6, 2009.

1. What are your opinions on this man?

I haven't researched much, only watched the program on the history channel a few times.

Supposedly he for-saw over 500 prophecies since the 16th century, some being during his life, most after his life[i.e. Napoleon's reign, Hitler's reign, 9/11, etc.]

Many people follow him after what happened on 9/11. He is also popular for his final depiction of the world, on 2012 - which is an Apocalypse, or an enlightening. The same date as the Mayans predicted. It is weird because the history channel says that everything he has for-seen has come true, but all his prophecies are in pictures, but the captions that go with it are very similar to these events such as 9/11's;

Nostradamus's picture[not the true one, but it's similar]

[​IMG]

9/11;

[​IMG]

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

adding onto it;

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude,
    Fire approaches the great new city
    [he talk's about the new city alot]
    Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
    When they want to have verification from the Normans.

thoughts?

Do you believe, find false, or don't know?

Some links;

Wiki - Nostradamus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9/11 attack - Did Nostradamus Predict the 9-11 Attacks?

2. I've always been fascinated by this, I'm not as informed on this topic as I'd like to be but I think a lot of what people are calling "prophetic" are things that most likely would occur in a society made up of people with differing opinions and political positions. I mean really, I've seen more than enough "burning buildings" similar to that picture, so I wouldn't be so fast to say it was a prophecy. But I remain to not know.

As for the 2012, I don't know. I won't lie...it makes me sad thinking about "the world's going to end in 2012" so I try to avoid it, call it ignorance, I call it bliss ;).

3. You must also read the quote's that go with the picture.

And the world isn't going to end on 2012, it's a possibility. It could also be an enlightening, or something like overthrowing all governments? or a single world power.

4. I failed to recognize the quotes until after I posted, but still if you think about it "The New City" and the fires could be interpreted as, a new city will be formed based on Christian or some Monotheistic religion, and will be attacked and burned for doing so. I think society tends to forget in the times of Nostradamus 'the city' wasn't a TV show or a place with bustling restaurants and cabs up the ass, it was very different (not having a go at you).

And that kind of sounds better, thinking about it. A great enlightenment is really what the world needs, keep an eye on the Olympics...something might happen there. Doubtful, but still.

5. It's a hoax, a scam, it is all 2012 hype by the puppet masters.

Notice that the symbol at the top of this Nostradamus drawing looks eerily similar to the the Jesuit sun symbol.

You see a symbol like that and you can know that a Jesuit is near by.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

Isa 8:19-20\t

6. ^ what similarity? Flames? :confused:

I watched a history channel program last night that was also about Nostradamus. It talked about how some of the most noted oracles of ancient times would have their prophecies revelead to them when they were high from natural gasses emmited from the caves they would go to for their revelations.

:smoking:

(1111th post)

7. I'm with Colt here, I fail to see any distinct similarity between the Jesuit sun and Nostradamus' sun.

Colt, I'm intrigued. That certainly would make sense (by the way I really recommend you read "The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge", it was written by Jeremy Narby and I think you'd like it.

Also, Colt, do you remember what the show was titled?

-Lonely Planet Boy

8. I think it was called Nostradamus: 2012.

The History Channel is one of the best stations to watch stoned. In my opinion. :smoking:

9. Yeah, that is the Jesuit sun. Look carefully at the flames, we see that symbol all the time.

It is similar to the Illuminati 'illumination' lines we find everywhere.

[​IMG]

\tAnd he brought me into the inner court of the LORD'S house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, [were] about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

Eze 8:16

10. Thanks, man.

And I couldn't agree more! It; strange, cause when I'm stoned and watch T.H.C. or read a book, five minutes after I'll forget about it. Then in the morning I'll wake up and have all this information burning in my brain, I love the feeling :smoking:

11. I'm looking carefully . . . ok . . . . Nope. All I see is some poorly drawn flames.

No resemblence, plus that drawing wasn't even by Nostradamus - just some 'look alike'.

12. IDK I'm torn part of me wants to believe but when you think about it those a pretty vague descriptions and if you try to find meaning in anything you'll come up with one

13. Of course not. Dumb question.

14. The only thing nostradamus did was make vague statements and let people interpret them in their own way.

15. That's funny, I guess you didn't research to much seeing how he wrote the date, aswell.

16. why do you state this without telling us why?

17. #17 Bud420, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    I actually watched a whole thing about him and other profits..Nothing was specific.

lol you show me the thing that says the excact date.